[Solved] SciTE no functions working

Hi,

I updated to the last version. Since then a lot of functions are not working.  For instance expanding abbreviation. My au3abbrev.properties are correct and abbrev.properties are including both import lines. The abbreviation is red but won't expand. Neither with space nor Ctrl+B.

Debug to msgbox and console not working, list functions, jump to function, open include too.

SciTE Jump works. Block and box comment too.

I have the feeling all functions especially for autoit are not working.

Any help? Regards, Conrad

Edited by Simpel
solved
SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

Have you saved the file to one with an extension of .au3? Or have you opened a file with that extension?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

I have opened a file with .au3 extension and this is in front.

SciTE4AutoIt = 3.7.3.0   AutoIt = 3.3.14.2   AutoItX64 = 0   OS = Win_10   Build = 19044   OSArch = X64   Language = 0407/german
H:\...\AutoIt3\SciTE     H:\...\AutoIt3      H:\...\AutoIt3\Include     (H:\ = Network Drive)

88x31.png  Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind.

Hi,

even variables are not auto completing.

Regards, Conrad

• Developers

Have you ran the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer under your own credentials? 
Check if you have this directory "%localappdata%\AutoIt v3\SciTE" with a bunch of subdirectories? Ig not then copy then for the Userid you installed the installer with.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Hi,

I do have \AutoIt v3\Aut2exe but no \SciTE. Maybe it's because I never did install the last versions but took the expanded zip files and copied them to my AutoIt folder.

I can't install anything at this pc so I did a long time ago on a pc I owned. Year by year I made updates the way I told above. Because of this way I do have a lot of properties files and I always have to look which is the actual one. It's bad but I'm not sure which one I can kill.

So what has to be exactly in the %localappdata%\AutoIt v3\SciTE folder?

Can I delete properties files I have to put in this folder above from all other locations?

Thanks and regards, Conrad

• Developers

Things should also work fine when using the zip file als long as you leave the file structure in place and don't have any SCITE* environment variables defined.
Lets take the abbrev issue:  Which file is opened when you go : SciTE/Options/Open Abbreviations file?
That is an indication where SciTE thinks your files are located.

Jos  

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Aha.

Mouse over says C:\Users\ME\abbrev.properties. But there is no abbrev.properties inside. Better would?

I'd like to change it to another path. Where can I do this? In which file should I change the path and where may it lay now?

Conrad

Edited by Simpel

Oh sorry I didn't understand that.

What do you mean by "SCITE* environment variables defined"?

SciTE.exe is located here: "H:\_Conrad lokal\Downloads\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE.exe"

Conrad

• Developers
Just now, Simpel said:

What do you mean by "SCITE* environment variables defined"?

Go into a CMD window and type: set scite 
What is the result? ;)

1 minute ago, Simpel said:

SciTE.exe is located here: "H:\_Conrad lokal\Downloads\AutoIt3\SciTE\SciTE.exe"

Then it is strange it is looking in %LOCALAPPDATA% for the abbrev.properties. So you either have an environment variable set or not the latest full version of SciTE. So also check the Help About and tell me what the first 3 lines state.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Wow. Fast answers.

set scite --> variable "scite" is not defined (in german of course)

About: SciTE-Lite Version 3.5.4 Sep 18 2015 15:04:36

I thought I downloaded full version.

Conrad

• Developers

That SciTE version is too old and the Lite version that comes with the AutoIt3 installer, which is lacking all extra functionality!
You will need to download the ZIP version from the AutoIt3 Editor download page to get the portability support.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

YESSSS. All is working again. (I followed your signature. ;-)

Now I have to update SciTE with my own abbreviations and 3 tools I made. What are the recommended files to write this in?

Thank you til here. Conrad

Edited by Simpel

Drive H: is a network drive and AutoIt-Help is not working properly with WIN7: https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/181732-help-in-autoit-v33142/?do=findComment&comment=1312091

So I have to locate the help file at C:\... What is the correct file to write this path in?

Conrad

Edit: I changed the path in file au3.properties.

Searched for "command.help.$(au3)=" and added full path.

Edited by Simpel
posting solution found by myself.

• Developers
1 hour ago, Simpel said:

What are the recommended files to write this in?

You need to be a little more specific here. For abbreviations you can use the abbreviation manager found in SciTEConfig.

AutoIt3 and SciTE really need to be located together for it to work best. SciTE should be a subdir of AutoIt3. As to the helpfile, have you check the file properties whether the helpfile is unlocked?

Jos

You probably appreciate why I made a installer to avoid all these issues! ;)

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I would prefer installer too, if I'm allowed to install. But I'm not.

SciTE is actually a subdir of AutoIt3.

Helpfile: I zipped and unzipped "AutoIt.chm" and "AutoItHelp.exe" to skip the flag downloaded by internet. This way I skipped the security window. If I doubleclick the .chm it will open properly and show all content. Doubleclicking the help.exe then the first time everything is ok. But from the second doubleclick on I see only index on the left side but no content on the right.

Can I pass a variable to the .chm so I can avoid the help.exe?

... have you check the file properties whether the helpfile is unlocked?

Here I'm not sure. What did you mean?

I put some abbrev into au3UserAbbrev and did put only these keywords into au3.keywords.user.abbreviations. Now it's funny:

First: Global abbrev now only expand with Ctrl+B. Before they expanded with space too. That's a pity.

Second: Global abbrev are not coloured in red anymore. A pity too.

So do I have to change the global abbrev file? I want avoid that due to later updates.

Regards, Conrad

P.S. Again: thanks for that great support.

• Developers
14 minutes ago, Simpel said:

Here I'm not sure. What did you mean?

Rightmouse click on the file & Properties. SOmetimes a Helpfile shows its blocked and you need to unblock it before you can use it. This is a windows security measure.

16 minutes ago, Simpel said:

I put some abbrev into au3UserAbbrev and did put only these keywords into au3.keywords.user.abbreviations. Now it's funny:

First: Global abbrev now only expand with Ctrl+B. Before they expanded with space too. That's a pity.

Second: Global abbrev are not coloured in red anymore. A pity too.

Means you did something wrong because it works when unzipping the original package ... right? :)

So what did you change?  (Zip up the abbrev files and PM them to me when you cant figure it out so I can have a look)

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Found solution for expanding by myself: au3.keywords.user.abbreviations seemed to be the new master. If this file is existing only keywords inside this file will expand by space and will change color to red.

So it's easy. I copied all the content of au3.keywords.abbreviations into au3.keywords.user.abbreviations and appended my own keywords. In case of an update I only have to change the first part of my au3.keywords.user.abbreviations.

Helpfile seemed to be unblocked. There is nothing like this to find inside the file properties.

There seemed to be a possibility to pass parameters to a .chm file (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11076952/open-chm-file-at-specific-page-topic-using-command-line-arguments) but I don't understand enough to change it into a code for the F1 section in au3.properties.

Conrad

• Developers

I will have a look at what happens when i open up a portable setup from my NAS to see if there are issues opening the helpfile.

Just opening AutoIt.chm seems to show the TOC or Index but not the actual Helpfile page content.

Stay tuned

Jos

Edited by Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.