Script won't send characters to a window

This script isn't sending the characters (Line 8) to the window I select (Line 7) in the script.

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)
Opt("WinTitleMatchMode",4)
Opt("WinDetectHiddenText",1)
Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)
WinWait("Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties","You can get IP setti")
If Not WinActive("Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties","You can get IP setti") Then WinActivate("Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties","You can get IP setti")
WinWaitActive("Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties","You can get IP setti")
Send("1921681689")
Sleep(100)
Send("{TAB}")
Send("2552552550")
Sleep(100)
Send("{TAB}192168168168")
Sleep(100)
Send("{TAB}{TAB}66{SPACE}51{SPACE}205100")
Sleep(100)
Send("{TAB}66{SPACE}51{SPACE}206100{ENTER}")
Sleep(100)
WinWait("Local Area Connection Properties","This c&onnection use")
If Not WinActive("Local Area Connection Properties","This c&onnection use") Then WinActivate("Local Area Connection Properties","This c&onnection use")
WinWaitActive("Local Area Connection Properties","This c&onnection use")
Send("{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}")
WinWait("Local Area Connection Status","IPv4 Connectivity:")
If Not WinActive("Local Area Connection Status","IPv4 Connectivity:") Then WinActivate("Local Area Connection Status","IPv4 Connectivity:")
WinWaitActive("Local Area Connection Status","IPv4 Connectivity:")
Send("{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{ENTER}")

This is the Info from the settings window I am trying to send characters to:

SettingsAutoItInfo.jpg

This is the settings window I am trying to send characters to:

SettingsWindow.jpg

What happens is nothing gets sent to the window.

How can I make it work?

Thank you,

Docfxit

Edited by Docfxit
[spoiler='Example Spoiler'] Your code text goes here.[/spoiler] doesn't work

standard rule of thumb in windows scripting - use controlsend and not send when possible. Much more stable for if your window loses focus, the script breaks.

Second - the best way to go here is use command line. Look here: https://www.google.com/search?q=setting+dns+by+command+line&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

4 hours ago, Docfxit said:

This script isn't sending the characters (Line 8) to the window I select (Line 7) in the script.

Reveal hidden contents

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)
Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)
WinWait("Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties","You can get IP setti")
If Not WinActive("Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties","You can get IP setti") Then WinActivate("Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties","You can get IP setti")
WinWaitActive("Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties","You can get IP setti")
Send("1921681689")
Sleep(100)
Send("{TAB}")
Send("2552552550")
Sleep(100)
Send("{TAB}192168168168")
Sleep(100)
Send("{TAB}{TAB}66{SPACE}51{SPACE}205100")
Sleep(100)
Send("{TAB}66{SPACE}51{SPACE}206100{ENTER}")
Sleep(100)
If Not WinActive("Local Area Connection Properties","This c&onnection use") Then WinActivate("Local Area Connection Properties","This c&onnection use")
If Not WinActive("Local Area Connection Status","IPv4 Connectivity:") Then WinActivate("Local Area Connection Status","IPv4 Connectivity:")

This is the Info from the Internet settings window:

SettingsAutoItInfo.jpg

This is the settings window.  When I start the script I have the cursor in the IP address: field

SettingsWindow.jpg

What happens when I run the script is nothing gets written to the settings screen above.

I tried running the GUI debugger.  When I step through the code the debugger won't let the settings window stay focused to send the characters to the settings window.

How can I get this to send the characters to the window?

Thank you,

Docfxit

Thank you for sending me in the right direction.

I modified the script to send the command line.

I found two different ways of doing it.  The first way on line 8 I get a cmd window saying:

"The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

Opt("WinWaitDelay",100)
Opt("MouseCoordMode",0)
Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1) ;0-off
; Set so that tray displays current line number

$CMD = "Netsh interface ip set address ”Wireless Network Connection” static 192.168.168.6 255.255.255.0 192.168.168.168"
RunWait(@ComSpec & " /k " & $CMD)
_DosRun('netsh interface ipv4 delete dns "Wireless Network Connection" all')

MsgBox(32, "Set DNS 1", _DosRun('netsh interface ipv4 add dns "Wireless Network Connection" 8.8.8.8'))
MsgBox(32, "Set DNS 2", _DosRun('netsh interface ipv4 add dns "Wireless Network Connection" 66.51.206.100 index=2'))

Func _DosRun($sCommand)
    Local $nResult = Run('"' & @ComSpec & '" /c ' & $sCommand, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, 6)
    ProcessWaitClose($nResult)
    Return StdoutRead($nResult)
EndFunc   ;==>_DosRun

Does anyone have any idea how to change the syntax to make it correct?

Thanks,

Docfxit

Edited by Docfxit

I would like to try ControlSend as you suggested.

Local $hWnd = WinWait("[CLASS:#32770]", "", 10)
Sleep(2000)
ControlSend($hWnd, "", "&IP address:", "1921681688")
WinClose($hWnd)

This code isn't working.  I'm guessing it's because I don't remember how to get the IP address control input field.

The input field I need can be seen in Win7 by opening the network connection properties, double clicking on the IPv4 protocol, Use the following IP address, IP address.

Thank you,

Docfxit

Line 8,

$CMD = "Netsh interface ip set address ”Wireless Network Connection” static 192.168.168.6 255.255.255.0 192.168.168.168"

looks to me like it has a quote problem.  When you quote Wireless Network Connection, it's a quote within a quote.  To do that you would type ""Wireless Network Connection"", using double quote marks twice around the phrase.

I saw where you used single quotation marks and double quotation marks within the same line.  Not sure, but I suspect that could give the same problem.  Two single quote marks is not the same as a double quote mark.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  I use double quote marks (") exclusively to avoid this issue, but it would be an addition to my knowledge if single vs double quote marks made a surprising (and probably confusing) difference.

_aleph_

Meds.  They're not just for breakfast anymore. :'(

Thanks for the reply...

I found this to work for the IP address:

netsh interface ipv4 set address "Wireless Network Connection" static 192.168.168.6 255.255.255.0 192.168.168.168

I didn't use Two single quote marks.

The problem on this line turned out to be I had used IP when I should have used IPv4.

I'd like to figure out what I am doing wrong using ControlSend

ControlSend("Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties", '', '&IP address:', '1921681688' & '{TAB}')

I can't get it to work.

Thank you,

Docfxit