#include <Date.au3>
#include <TrayConstants.au3>

HotKeySet("^d", "WhatIsToday")

Global $Today = _Date_Time_GetSystemTime

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func WhatIsToday()
    TrayTip("Today's date", "Today is... " & $Today, 8)
    Sleep(8000)
    TrayTip("", "", 0)
EndFunc   ;==>WhatIsToday

all it outputs into tray bubble is:  Today is...

without getting the system time as text

Synapsee

u need read more about _Date_Time_GetSystemTime() :

#include <Date.au3>
#include <TrayConstants.au3>

HotKeySet("^d", "WhatIsToday")

Global $Today = _Date_Time_GetSystemTime()

While 1
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func WhatIsToday()
    TrayTip("Today's date", "Today is... " & _Date_Time_SystemTimeToDateTimeStr($Today), 8)
    Sleep(8000)
    TrayTip("", "", 0)
EndFunc   ;==>WhatIsToday

• Like 1

CurtimusPrime

that returns: Today is...  (time and date format with all 0's)

CurtimusPrime

you're right i wasn't reading everything.. i didn't know how to use UDF properly lol... sure don't make them easy lol

Edited by CurtimusPrime

Synapsee

be carefull to that :

Global $Today = _Date_Time_GetSystemTime() ;<========= don't fortget parenthese here "()"

without "()" i have your issue :

(time and date format with all 0's)

• Like 1

CurtimusPrime

seems being on vista i cant use AutoIt system time functions

Synapsee

that can maybe help :

#include <Date.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, '', "The Date is:   " & _NowDate() & "   " & _NowTime())

Edited by Synapsee
  • Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Blueman
      By Blueman
      Hey all,

I have a question about the Windows-10 Traytips and how to assign a function on them.
      So the Traytip will be displayed and when i click it i would like to run a function.

Currently i am looking at the following Topic; https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/140699-tray-notifications-redirector/

Tried it and it works fine, but now all my TrayTIps are clickable to the same function.
      Is it possible to read the Traytip name and then run a function according to what tip is showing?

Thanks  
    • Gringo
      By Gringo
      Hi,
      I'm trying to create a shortcut playing with variables but I can't figure out what's wrong
      I got 2 variables joined in one with for instance
      Local $path = FileOpenDialog($message, "C:" & "", "Select your executable (*.exe)", 1 + 4)
      Local $elev = 'c:\windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "runhigh" /high '
      $target = $elev & $path
      FileCreateShortcut($target, @DesktopCommonDir & "\linked.lnk", StringLeft($target,StringInStr($target,"\",0,-1)) , "" , "" , "c:\i.ico")
      The problem is that a shortcut is created but instead of the target area I got the start in filled with my variable
      My second problem is that when I do a shell execute of the result of $target = $elev & $path, Note that if I do a batch with the variable written manually, it's working.
    • dwaynek
      By dwaynek
      traytip isn't working in windows 10. nothing happens when i use the Traytip command.
      here's a simple script i used:
      TrayTip("I'm a title", "I'm the message", 5) i tried changing the registry setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced ( which didn't have EnableBalloonTips) and creating a DWORD entry called EnableBalloonTips and setting it to 1 and logging off then back in. that did not resolve the problem.
      i'm running Windows 10 v1709 b16299.431
    • user4157124
      By user4157124
      As they're opinion-based to some degree; how are AutoIt's best practices decided and do suggestions get considered?
      Some suggestions :
      For...To...Step...Next -loop variable-naming like $iN ($i1, $i2, etc.) : conforms to recommended naming convention, identifies level (albeit inverted to ExitLoop and ContinueLoop's convention) and enables SciTE selection-highlighting (requires minimum of 3 characters). Minimize logic in global scope, separate data & settings from logic, use of vertical space, project organization (folder structure, resource- and include file management). Example (loop variable-naming, minimizing logic in global scope and separation of settings from logic) :
      #include <Array.au3> Global Enum $RANDOM_RETURNFLOAT, _ $RANDOM_RETURNINTEGER Global Enum $EXITCODE_NONE Global Const $g_sChar0 = '-' Global Const $g_sChar1 = '+' Global Const $g_iAmountX = 10 Global Const $g_iAmountY = $g_iAmountX Main() Func Main() Local $aArray[$g_iAmountY][$g_iAmountX] For $i1 = 0 To $g_iAmountY - 1 For $i2 = 0 To $g_iAmountX - 1 $aArray[$i1][$i2] = Random(0, 1, $RANDOM_RETURNINTEGER) ? $g_sChar1 : $g_sChar0 Next Next _ArrayDisplay($aArray) Exit $EXITCODE_NONE EndFunc Example (project organization) :
      + project_folder + bak [backup files] + bin [distributed binaries and dependencies] + inc [non-standard include files] + res [resource files (icons, file+install files, etc.)] + usr [configuration files, databases, etc.] - script.au3 - script.exe Example (use of vertical space) :
      Func _DigitalRoot($iNum) Local $sNum = '' Local $aNum While $iNum > 9 $sNum = String($iNum) $aNum = StringSplit($sNum, '') $iNum = 0 For $i1 = 1 To $aNum[0] $iNum += Int($aNum[$i1]) Next WEnd Return $iNum EndFunc
    • AppSoftwareVld
      By AppSoftwareVld
      Hello,

I need this for a project and I don't find a method for the next problem.
      I want when I click a button to create a variable ("$variable1") so if I press one more time to create one more ("$variable2") and create more and more how many times you press the button.

Do you have an idea ? 
      Thank you for your attention !