How to use Controlsend

Just now, Docfxit said:

Thanks,  I've seen that.  I can't figure out what goes where.

Thanks,

Docfxit

What specifically are you wanting to do? 

You can't ask such a general question and expect a response that is beyond my first post.

Do you want to be able to fill out the IP settings is that what the question is?

Cheers

Docfxit,

They suggested you a better way to accomplish what you want.

But if you insist, try this:

$hWnd = WinGetHandle("Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties")
ControlCommand($hWnd, "", "Button3", "Check", "") ; this will select the radio button "Use the following IP address"
Sleep(200)
ControlSetText($hWnd, "", "SysIPAddress321", '28.255.28.255') ;this will set the IP address.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much for the example.

Yours works just fine.

Mine doesn't work.

ControlCommand($hWnd, "", "Button3", "Check", "") ; this will select the radio button "Use the following IP address"
    Sleep(200)
    ControlSetText($hWnd, "", "SysIPAddress321", '192.168.168.8') ;this will set the IP address.
    ControlSetText($hWnd, "", "SysIPAddress322", '255.255.255.0') ;this will set the IP address.
    ControlSetText($hWnd, "", "SysIPAddress323", '192.168.168.168') ;this will set the IP address.
    ControlSetText($hWnd, "", "SysIPAddress324", '66.51.205.101') ;this will set the IP address.
    ControlSetText($hWnd, "", "SysIPAddress325", '66.51.206.101') ;this will set the IP address.
    WinClose($hWnd)
    Exit

Do you have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

Docfxit

Sleep(200)
    ControlSetText($hWnd, "", "SysIPAddress321", '192.168.168.8') ;this will set the IP address.
    ControlSetText($hWnd, "", "SysIPAddress322", '255.255.255.0') ;this will set the IP address.
    ControlSetText($hWnd, "", "SysIPAddress323", '192.168.168.168') ;this will set the IP address.
    ControlSetText($hWnd, "", "SysIPAddress324", '66.51.205.101') ;this will set the IP address.
    ControlSetText($hWnd, "", "SysIPAddress325", '66.51.206.101') ;this will set the IP address.
    ControlClick($hWnd, "", "Button9")
    Exit