Win10 suppresses Run() with @SW_HIDE option

Hi

Only on some Windows 10 PCs do I get the issue that the Run() fails with the   @SW_HIDE = Hidden window (or Default keyword) option.  Not all Win10 machines, only some, but then consistently.  I have put UAC to lowest level, no joy.  As if the OS does not allow the hidden window to be created...

Seems that @SW_MINIMIZE = Minimized window or  @SW_MAXIMIZE = Maximized window does not suffer the same fate.

I will have more info in a day or so.

Anybody else with similar experience?

Skysnake

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

Whay do you mean "fails" and what do you execute? If I execute "cmd.exe" It works dfine for me with all three possible flags, although with the @SW_HIDE it looks like nothing happens, but the process is created and I can see it and kill it through the task manager. Is your @error set after execution?

My system info (found out my machine was still called w8-home :) ):

EJ9WnYB.png

Edited by SadBunny

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

I use the Run to launch a batch file

I have had another look.  It does not fail. What I meant originally was that the process does not start.  I was wrong.

However, the batch file seems limited to local resources.

For instance, I execute lines like these:

net use f: \\myshare s0m3t1n /P:yes
start f: /max
c:
cd\
md textfilefolder
copy F:\*.txt c:\textfilefolder

note that the local commands all work.  The "net use" is executed, the local folder is created.  

The command "start f: /max" shows a Windows msgbox stating that the resource is not available and blocks the rest of the batch.

The copy from the mapped shared does not work.

And, yes, the remote PC is on an available for browsing in Explorer at this time.

I am guessing that this has something to do with privileges for the batch process... but not sure where to look.  

@SadBunny, I will look at the @error, good suggestion. Thx

Skysnake

Hi @Danp2, I may do that in due course.  How do I know the "net use " command works? Coz I see the mapped drive appear...

I have since learned about DACL :)

I believe the solutions to my problem lies here:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc783530(v=ws.10).aspx#w2k3tr_randp_how_xgvr

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/134508-set-acl-permissions-udf/?page=7

I am first going to see if I can change the share settings manually, if I know that solves the problem, I can start looking at scripting the solution. WinXP was so much simpler... :)

Thanks, will revert

Skysnake