Sucre

Get .Net WinForm Application ToolTip Control

I turned to Autoit from AHK just because it support WinForm Application so well. The problem often haunts me that all the application in my job is WinForm. And it indeed help my work so much. Great thanks in advance.

However, I can't get the ToolTip text in the application of my company. Specifically,now I want to get the information about some data, however the information is all displayed in the tooltip on the scatter diagram which is made of those data.

Is there any advice ? Relative topics I have searched can't get any information about the winform tooltip...

@Sucre what information do you get when you hover over the tooltip with the AutoIt Window Info tool (in the same directory where you installed AutoIt)? What is the name of the application, or a screenshot of what you're seeing?

5 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

@Sucre what information do you get when you hover over the tooltip with the AutoIt Window Info tool (in the same directory where you installed AutoIt)? What is the name of the application, or a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Thank you~

I can't get information about the ToolTip with the Autoit Window Info, because I just can't put the mouse cursor on the ToolTip. I only can hover over the Data Point on the chart, then ToolTip shows the text, and when my mouse move, it disappears at once. I want to set hotkey to get the ToolTip when my mouse hover over the point. Do I make myself clear?

I'm sorry I can't give you more information because of the strict security regulations in my company. The application is a control system of the production. If no solution, I also express my understanding.Thank you!

23 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

I think my problem is very simple, just like  find Tooltip window , the only difference is that my software is WinForm. and so that the answer get nothing of the application, in my judgement.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By nacerbaaziz
      hello sirs, please i created a tool witch get the focused control in a window and play a audio file linked with this controls
      e.g buttons, checkBoxes, radios, comboboxes, and others
      i know that their is a function that give us the control focus but it return the classNN
      i want to get the class name to use it with a switch and
      because their are more than class e.g button tbutton timagebutton tnewButton...
      please can any one help me to get the class name not the classnn
      thanks in advance
    • By nacerbaaziz
      Hello my friends
      Can we create a single context menu on more than one item?
      For example, a context menu includes standardized options on more than one control, such as buttons or check boxes
      to Create a context menu on one item am using this function
      GUICtrlCreateContextMenu ($ HWND)
      How to link it with more than one element please?
      or if we can't do that, please give me a solution
      so i tried to add an context menus to all the controls but the script will be long, for that if their are any solutions i hope to give it to me
      thanks in advanced
    • By TheAutomator
      Is there a (simple) way to make your script using a picture-control to resize the gui?
      This would be useful for a transparant pop-up window with a custom made theme using picture controls:
      $Form = GUICreate('', 301, 173, 5, 5, $WS_POPUP, BitOR($WS_EX_LAYERED, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)) GUICtrlCreatePic(@scriptdir & "\resize_win.bmp", 0, 73, 20, 51) ; some api call or code telling the os to use this picture as a resize border GUICtrlSetResizing(-1, $GUI_DOCKLEFT+$GUI_DOCKTOP+$GUI_DOCKBOTTOM+$GUI_DOCKWIDTH+$GUI_DOCKHEIGHT) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While True if GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE then Exit WEnd  
      EDIT: to make it more clear what i wanna do, if you go with the mouse arrow over the border of a re-sizable window the arrow changes to a "resize" arrow, you click and drag the border and then the window size adjusts to the mouse position until you release the mouse button.
      I want my picture control to be used the same way as the resize border to resize my window.
    • By ur
      An application is there which is created using vc++,mostly mfc.

DOn't know the details completely.

WHen I try to automate the control clicks for testing the UI.
      THe below control is not detected.
      As you can see, during UI operations I can click the elements one by one.
      But all the elements is selected as a whole set, when I use the Windowinfo tool.

How to click this using AutoIT.?

Please suggest.
    • By ohaya
      Hi,
      I am still really new with AutoIT.  We are using it to automate logging into web sites and I have encountered problems with focus.  The target web page is configured to put the cursor into the first text field (username) when the page is loaded, and when I run the AutoIT script, which does the log in seems like it is just not starting where I expect it to be.  
      I have been kind of using ToolTip() to kind of help with debugging, but now I am wondering if the calls to ToolTip() are causing the focus to be messed up.  
      For example, at least visually, when the ToolTip() is called, I can see the cursor disappear from the web page text field and they when I do anything that is supposed to send keystrokes, they are going off somwhere else ("never-neverland").
      But when I remove some of the ToolTip() calls, it works correctly.
      So the questions I have are:
      1) Do the ToolTip() calls interfere with/change where the focus on the target page are?
      2) In general, what are the "rules" for where ToolTip can be used "safely" (== doesn't interfere with focus)?
      Thanks,
      Jim