Filtering Listview

@melba,

sorry for the title dont know what title I need to use, I found some script of yours for filtering listview, Im already done with the filtering and made some small modification. I want to fully understand each line..

and if anyone has a kind heart to put more comment on each line, I am really squizzing my mind for this script.. pleaaaaaassssseeeee ??? :sweating::sweating::sweating:

here is the full script,

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include "GUIListViewEx.au3"
#include <Array.au3>

Opt("GUIDataSeparatorChar", "/")

$hGUI = GUICreate("Form1", 673, 433, -1, -1)
$cListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Name File / Value", 8, 64, 657, 361)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 380)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 270)
$cButton_Load = GUICtrlCreateButton("Load", 8, 16, 105, 33)
$cInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 136, 24, 145, 21)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $EM_SETCUEBANNER, True, "Search...")
$cButton_Search = GUICtrlCreateButton("Search", 304, 16, 105, 33)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Global $aData[4][2] = [["Test1", "Test"], ["Test2", "Sun"], ["Sun1", "Sun"], ["Earth1", "Earth1"]]

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $cButton_Search

_GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($cListView) ; -->>Remove all items
            $sText = GUICtrlRead($cInput) ;-->>Read Input Box
            If StringLen($sText) <> 0 Then ;-->>Read StringLen Greater or Less than 0
                ; Create a list of matches
                Local $aMatch_List[1] = [0] ;-->>whats the use of this???????
                $iStart = 1 ;-->> whats the use of this???
                For $i = 0 To UBound($aData) - 1 ;-->> infinite array columns and rows??? 
                    ; Look for the match
                    If StringInStr($aData[$i][0], $sText) Then
                        ; Add to list
                        $aMatch_List[0] += 1 ; -->>Declared same variable +1??? whats the use???
                        ReDim $aMatch_List[$aMatch_List[0] + 1]; -->> Resize an existing array.
                        $aMatch_List[$aMatch_List[0]] = $aData[$i][0] & "/" & $aData[$i][0]; -->> whats the use of this???????
                    EndIf
                Next
                ; Add matches to ListView
                For $i = 1 To $aMatch_List[0]
                    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($aMatch_List[$i], $cListView)
                Next
            Else
                ; Reload everything
                ContinueCase
            EndIf
        Case $cButton_Load
            ; Remove all items
            _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($cListView)
            For $i = 0 To UBound($aData) - 1
                GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($aData[$i][0] & "/" & $aData[$i][0], $cListView)
            Next

EndSwitch
WEnd

TIA...

ill get to that... i still need to learn and understand a lot of codes graduated.gif

Correct answer, learn to walk before you take on that marathon.

I gave it my best shot but I seem to be in a very verbose mood tonight :) If this is not the kind of information you were looking for, please be more specific in phrasing your questions.

#include <ButtonConstants.au3>
#include <EditConstants.au3>
#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include "GUIListViewEx.au3"
#include <Array.au3>

Opt("GUIDataSeparatorChar", "/")

$hGUI = GUICreate("Form1", 673, 433, -1, -1)
$cListView = GUICtrlCreateListView("Name File / Value", 8, 64, 657, 361)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 0, 380)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $LVM_SETCOLUMNWIDTH, 1, 270)
$cButton_Load = GUICtrlCreateButton("Load", 8, 16, 105, 33)
$cInput = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 136, 24, 145, 21)
GUICtrlSendMsg(-1, $EM_SETCUEBANNER, True, "Search...")
$cButton_Search = GUICtrlCreateButton("Search", 304, 16, 105, 33)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Global $aData[4][2] = [["Test1", "Test"], ["Test2", "Sun"], ["Sun1", "Sun"], ["Earth1", "Earth1"]]

While 1
    $nMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $nMsg
        Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
            Exit
        Case $cButton_Search

_GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($cListView) ; -->>Remove all items
            $sText = GUICtrlRead($cInput) ;-->>Read Input Box
            If StringLen($sText) <> 0 Then ;-->>Read StringLen Greater or Less than 0
                ; Create a list of matches
                Local $aMatch_List[1] = [0] ;-->>whats the use of this???????
;---------------------- It calls the array into existence with 1 element, which is set to the value 0.
;---------------------- This array will be used to store a list of matches.
                $iStart = 1 ;-->> whats the use of this???
;---------------------- It calls the variable $iStart into existence and sets the value to 1.
;---------------------- It is not used anywhere else in this script, hence is of no use.
                For $i = 0 To UBound($aData) - 1 ;-->> infinite array columns and rows???
;---------------------- no, not infinite, this loops from 0 to the count of elements in the $aData array (which is a number), minus one.
;---------------------- So if $aData contains 3 elements, $i will be first 0, then 1 and then 2.
                    ; Look for the match
                    If StringInStr($aData[$i][0], $sText) Then
                        ; Add to list
                        $aMatch_List[0] += 1 ; -->>Declared same variable +1??? whats the use???
;------------------------- The first element in the array is a counter that indicates the number of elements in the array.
;-------------------------   This command increases that counter by one, because we're going to add a value to the array.
;-------------------------   One could also use UBound($aMatch_List). Some like to have an array with only the elements themselves, 
;-------------------------   which makes it 0-based (zero-based) as the elements start at the "0-th" element. This is how $aData is 
;-------------------------   set up by virtue of the way it was created in the initialization in the beginning of the script. 
;-------------------------   Some prefer arrays that are "1-based" like mr. $aMatch_List here, which is a misnomer in autoit because
;-------------------------   it is  actually still a 0-based array, but with the counter of elements stored in the 0-th element, but 
;-------------------------   it's often convenient to think of it like a 1-based array.
;------------------------- NOTE: This means that if we want to store THREE values, we need FOUR array elements, because one of 
;-------------------------   them (namely the first one, which is element number 0) is needed to store the counter.
                        ReDim $aMatch_List[$aMatch_List[0] + 1]; -->> Resize an existing array.
;------------------------- Indeed. Note that the new size of the array is now set to that counter, but +1. I.e. if a third value 
;-------------------------   is going to be stored, the counter was just upped to 3, but because we need that 0th element for the 
;-------------------------   counter, the size of the array must now be 3 + 1 = 4.
                        $aMatch_List[$aMatch_List[0]] = $aData[$i][0] & "/" & $aData[$i][0]; -->> whats the use of this???????
;------------------------- This command stores a value in a certain numbered element in the array. Which number? Well, the number 
;-------------------------   that is indicated by that counter we just increased, namely (in our example) 3.
;-------------------------   Why it stores the same value twice with a slash in between: but I suspect it was a copypaste oversight, 
;-------------------------   it was probably meant to be: $aData[$i][0] & "/" & $aData[$i][1] (thus converting both values in the 
;-------------------------   second dimension into a single string, thus "stitching the second dimension together into a single 
;-------------------------   value", thus ending up with an array that has the same information but with only a single dimension.
                    EndIf
                Next
                ; Add matches to ListView
                For $i = 1 To $aMatch_List[0]
                    GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($aMatch_List[$i], $cListView)
                Next
            Else
                ; Reload everything
                ContinueCase
            EndIf
        Case $cButton_Load
            ; Remove all items
            _GUICtrlListView_DeleteAllItems($cListView)
            For $i = 0 To UBound($aData) - 1
                GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($aData[$i][0] & "/" & $aData[$i][0], $cListView)
            Next

EndSwitch
WEnd

Edited by SadBunny
Code formatting

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

• Moderators

232showtime,

SadBunny has explained the code perfectly - my thanks to him.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area