Motion Graphics UDF

Hello! I've been working on this UDF for some time, but when I read Seeking "kinetic typography" capability in au3 topic, I decided to share it. This UDF brings some functions for creating animations in GDI+ without worrying about rendering or calculating.

screen.png

Features:

• Adding basic shapes (rectangle, ellipse) and text
  • Animating object properties (like position or size)
  • Animatable transformations (translate, rotate, scale)
  • Double-buffering
  • Rendering to a window or GUI control

Enjoy!

Motion Graphics UDF

Edited by scintilla4evr

Very nice.

About the problem with Au3Check in your script.

Try to not use this kind of notation:

Local $hBrush = ($oOutline.brush)($iTime)

but instead use this:

Local $hBrush = $oOutline.brush($iTime)

try my "Example 1 - Basic Animation.au3"  modyfcation Motion Graphics UDF 0.0.2_mod.zip

You will see what I mean.

EDIT: Need some more learning ;)

Edited by mLipok

Signature beginning:
Please remember: "AutoIt"..... *  Wondering who uses AutoIt and what it can be used for ? * Forum Rules *
ADO.au3 UDF * POP3.au3 UDF * XML.au3 UDF * IE on Windows 11 * How to ask ChatGPT for AutoIt Codefor other useful stuff click the following button:

Spoiler

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind. 

My contribution (my own projects): * Debenu Quick PDF Library - UDF * Debenu PDF Viewer SDK - UDF * Acrobat Reader - ActiveX Viewer * UDF for PDFCreator v1.x.x * XZip - UDF * AppCompatFlags UDF * CrowdinAPI UDF * _WinMergeCompare2Files() * _JavaExceptionAdd() * _IsBeta() * Writing DPI Awareness App - workaround * _AutoIt_RequiredVersion() * Chilkatsoft.au3 UDF * TeamViewer.au3 UDF * JavaManagement UDF * VIES over SOAP * WinSCP UDF * GHAPI UDF - modest begining - comunication with GitHub REST APIErrorLog.au3 UDF - A logging Library * Include Dependency Tree (Tool for analyzing script relations) * Show_Macro_Values.au3 *

My contribution to others projects or UDF based on  others projects: * _sql.au3 UDF  * POP3.au3 UDF *  RTF Printer - UDF * XML.au3 UDF * ADO.au3 UDF SMTP Mailer UDF * Dual Monitor resolution detection * * 2GUI on Dual Monitor System * _SciLexer.au3 UDF * SciTE - Lexer for console pane

Useful links: * Forum Rules * Forum etiquette *  Forum Information and FAQs * How to post code on the forum * AutoIt Online Documentation * AutoIt Online Beta Documentation * SciTE4AutoIt3 getting started * Convert text blocks to AutoIt code * Games made in Autoit * Programming related sites * Polish AutoIt Tutorial * DllCall Code Generator * 

Wiki: Expand your knowledge - AutoIt Wiki * Collection of User Defined Functions * How to use HelpFile * Good coding practices in AutoIt * 

OpenOffice/LibreOffice/XLS Related: WriterDemo.au3 * XLS/MDB from scratch with ADOX

IE Related:  * How to use IE.au3  UDF with  AutoIt v3.3.14.x * Why isn't Autoit able to click a Javascript Dialog? * Clicking javascript button with no ID * IE document >> save as MHT file * IETab Switcher (by LarsJ ) * HTML Entities * _IEquerySelectorAll() (by uncommon) * IE in TaskSchedulerIE Embedded Control Versioning (use IE9+ and HTML5 in a GUI) * PDF Related:How to get reference to PDF object embeded in IE * IE on Windows 11

I encourage you to read: * Global Vars * Best Coding Practices * Please explain code used in Help file for several File functions * OOP-like approach in AutoIt * UDF-Spec Questions *  EXAMPLE: How To Catch ConsoleWrite() output to a file or to CMD *

I also encourage you to check awesome @trancexx code:  * Create COM objects from modules without any demand on user to register anything. * Another COM object registering stuffOnHungApp handlerAvoid "AutoIt Error" message box in unknown errors  * HTML editor

winhttp.au3 related : * https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/206771-winhttpau3-download-problem-youre-speaking-plain-http-to-an-ssl-enabled-server-port/

"Homo sum; humani nil a me alienum puto" - Publius Terentius Afer
"Program are meant to be read by humans and only incidentally for computers and execute" - Donald Knuth, "The Art of Computer Programming"
:naughty:  :ranting:, be  :) and       \\//_.

Anticipating Errors :  "Any program that accepts data from a user must include code to validate that data before sending it to the data store. You cannot rely on the data store, ...., or even your programming language to notify you of problems. You must check every byte entered by your users, making sure that data is the correct type for its field and that required fields are not empty."

Signature last update: 2023-04-24

Pretty neat demos and UDF; thanks for sharing  When I run most of them (at least on this PC) they start out very fast, then slow down-not gradually, instantly.  When I move the mouse the speed picks up again and when the mouse is at rest for a few moments, the speed drops again.  

Does this happen to you?

15 hours ago, spudw2k said:

Pretty neat demos and UDF; thanks for sharing  When I run most of them (at least on this PC) they start out very fast, then slow down-not gradually, instantly.  When I move the mouse the speed picks up again and when the mouse is at rest for a few moments, the speed drops again.  

Does this happen to you?

Yes, I think it's something with AutoIt's GUI, because it happens in every script that renders something with GDI+ like this.

0.0.5:

• Clipping the view with a rectangle
  • Added images

Motion Graphics UDF

PS. Image in the 14th example is taken from Intel's ad "Jim Parsons and a Special Guest Want You To Wake Up"

Edited by scintilla4evr

Thanks, again, for this UDF.  You've added impressive capabilities in these updates.

But could you provide one more example?: show simple typing of a couple of text strings ... with some timing control parameter to adjust the rate of display.

I see how to control text sliding into view.  But I'm unsure of how to produce a typing effect.

16 hours ago, qwert said:

with some timing control parameter to adjust the rate of display

I'm sorry to keep bringing this up.  With all your great additions, I still can't manage to control the pace of the text display.  The following, for example, has no affect other than delaying the display of the end result.

:
$oScene = _MoGraph_SceneCreate()

$oText = _MoGraph_TextCreate(_MoGraph_AnimatedStringCreate("Lorem ipsum dolor", 0, 50, $MOGRAPH_TXTANIM_LEFTTORIGHT), 10, 10, 380, 0, "Impact", 36, 0)
_MoGraph_SceneAddObject($oScene, $oText)
Sleep(1000)
$oText2 = _MoGraph_TextCreate(_MoGraph_AnimatedStringCreate("Lorem ipsum dolor", 0, 50, $MOGRAPH_TXTANIM_RIGHTTOLEFT), 10, 60, 380, 0, "Impact", 36, 0)
_MoGraph_SceneAddObject($oScene, $oText2)
Sleep(1000)
:
:

With so much capability, I hope there's a way to orchestrate use of the features with timing.  Am I just missing it?

4 hours ago, qwert said:

I'm sorry to keep bringing this up.  With all your great additions, I still can't manage to control the pace of the text display.  The following, for example, has no affect other than delaying the display of the end result.

:
$oScene = _MoGraph_SceneCreate()

$oText = _MoGraph_TextCreate(_MoGraph_AnimatedStringCreate("Lorem ipsum dolor", 0, 50, $MOGRAPH_TXTANIM_LEFTTORIGHT), 10, 10, 380, 0, "Impact", 36, 0)
Sleep(1000)
$oText2 = _MoGraph_TextCreate(_MoGraph_AnimatedStringCreate("Lorem ipsum dolor", 0, 50, $MOGRAPH_TXTANIM_RIGHTTOLEFT), 10, 60, 380, 0, "Impact", 36, 0)
Sleep(1000)
:
:

With so much capability, I hope there's a way to orchestrate use of the features with timing.  Am I just missing it?

To delay the text animation, you have to change the 2nd and 3rd parameters in the _MoGraph_AnimatedStringCreate calls. Adding Sleep() doesn't affect the rendering, because timing is calculated when calling _MoGraph_RendererRenderFrame() or _MoGraph_RendererRenderNextFrame().

Here is the basic idea of how to add delay:

; mumbo jumbo code before

$iStart = 100
$iLength = 50

$oText = _MoGraph_TextCreate(_MoGraph_AnimatedStringCreate("Lorem ipsum dolor", $iStart, $iStart+$iLength, $MOGRAPH_TXTANIM_LEFTTORIGHT), 10, 10, 380, 0, "Impact", 36, 0)

; blah blah after

Edited by scintilla4evr

Thanks for your response. 

I did a simple substitution to confirm what I think you're saying, but I got an unexpected result:

a "slot-machine" effect on the last two lines, followed by the first two lines flowing into view from the left.

:
$oText = _MoGraph_TextCreate(_MoGraph_AnimatedStringCreate("Lorem ipsum dolor", 100, 150, $MOGRAPH_TXTANIM_LEFTTORIGHT), 10, 10, 380, 0, "Impact", 36, 0)

$oText2 = _MoGraph_TextCreate(_MoGraph_AnimatedStringCreate("Lorem ipsum dolor", 100, 150, $MOGRAPH_TXTANIM_RIGHTTOLEFT), 10, 60, 380, 0, "Impact", 36, 0)
:

Is there another parameter involved?

7 hours ago, qwert said:

Thanks for your response. 

I did a simple substitution to confirm what I think you're saying, but I got an unexpected result:

a "slot-machine" effect on the last two lines, followed by the first two lines flowing into view from the left.

:
$oText = _MoGraph_TextCreate(_MoGraph_AnimatedStringCreate("Lorem ipsum dolor", 100, 150, $MOGRAPH_TXTANIM_LEFTTORIGHT), 10, 10, 380, 0, "Impact", 36, 0)

$oText2 = _MoGraph_TextCreate(_MoGraph_AnimatedStringCreate("Lorem ipsum dolor", 100, 150, $MOGRAPH_TXTANIM_RIGHTTOLEFT), 10, 60, 380, 0, "Impact", 36, 0)
:

Is there another parameter involved?

No, because _MoGraph_AnimatedStringCreate does not affect the starting position of the text. It only changes the contents. If you want the 2nd string to flow into view from the right you can do one of two things:

• add an EaseValue to control the position of the text
  • set $iHorzAlign argument (10th) of _MoGraph_TextCreate to 2, so the text will be aligned to right

What you're describing seem to be tweaks to specific internal functions rather than a general capability to choreograph entire sequences ... sequences that can produce a dynamic text result like the example on this site: here

Can you describe how a general capability should be implemented?

To choreograph sequences like this, you need to break down all animations to small parts that can be represented with "keyframes".

In the "I LOVE blah blah", you can find 4 animations (in order of appearance):

1. Letter 'I' rolling from the bottom
  2. Word 'LOVE' rolling from the left
  3. Word 'KINETIC' rolling from the right
  4. Word 'TYPOGRAPHY' rolling from top

No, you have to translate these animations into code (I Love Kinetic Typography.au3):

; Move 'I' at the start from 340;230 to 340;140:
$oI_YValue = _MoGraph_EaseValueCreate(230, 140, 0, 50)
$oText_I = _MoGraph_TextCreate("I", 340, $oI_YValue, 0, 0, "Rockwell", 48, 1, _MoGraph_SolidBrushCreate(0, 0, 0, 220))
_MoGraph_SceneAddObject($oScene, $oText_I)

; Move 'LOVE' after 'I' from -160;100 to 20;100:
; 3rd argument is 50 to match the end of 'I' animation
; 4th argument is the end of animation (start+length)
$oLove_XValue = _MoGraph_EaseValueCreate(-160, 20, 50, 100)
$oText_Love = _MoGraph_TextCreate("LOVE", $oLove_XValue, 100, 0, 0, "Rockwell", 48, 1, _MoGraph_SolidBrushCreate(0, 0, 0, 160))
_MoGraph_SceneAddObject($oScene, $oText_Love)

; Move 'KINETIC' after 'LOVE' from 520;100 to 190;100
$oKinetic_XValue = _MoGraph_EaseValueCreate(520, 190, 100, 150)
$oText_Kinetic = _MoGraph_TextCreate("KINETIC", $oKinetic_XValue, 100, 0, 0, "Rockwell", 48, 1, _MoGraph_SolidBrushCreate(0, 0, 0, 220))
_MoGraph_SceneAddObject($oScene, $oText_Kinetic)

; Move 'TYPOGRAPHY' after 'KINETIC' from 110;-60 to 110;60
$oTypography_YValue = _MoGraph_EaseValueCreate(-60, 60, 150, 200)
$oText_Typography = _MoGraph_TextCreate("TYPOGRAPHY", 110, $oTypography_YValue, 0, 0, "Rockwell", 48, 1, _MoGraph_SolidBrushCreate(0, 0, 0, 220))
_MoGraph_SceneAddObject($oScene, $oText_Typography)

The most important types of all these sequences are objects created using _MoGraph_EaseValueCreate or _MoGraph_KeyframedValueCreate. Here is the basic syntax for both of these functions:

• _MoGraph_EaseValueCreate($iValueStart, $iValueEnd, $iStart = 0, $iEnd = 100, $oEasing = _MoGraph_LinearEasingCreate())
    • $iValueStart - value the object will represent before the animation will start
    • $iValueEnd - value the object will represent after the animation ends
    • $iStart - time when the animation should start
    • $iEnd - time when the animation ends (start time + animation length)
    • $oEasing - object representing how the value will change

If the current time is between $iStart and $iEnd, the output value will also be between $iValueStart and $iValueEnd

• _MoGraph_KeyframedValueCreate($aKeyframes)
    • $aKeyframes - 2D array of time-value pairs

_MoGraph_KeyframedValueCreate is basically a wrapper function for multiple _MoGraph_EaseValueCreate's

Almost there.  I generally follow what you're saying, but the example script produced an empty screen, for me.  I confirmed that each of the 4 steps is executing, but the resulting GUI is blank.

Any idea what's missing?  (New example is on the same directory as MoGraphics.au3, and the other examples still display properly.)

Invisible.PNG

1 hour ago, qwert said:

Almost there.  I generally follow what you're saying, but the example script produced an empty screen, for me.  I confirmed that each of the 4 steps is executing, but the resulting GUI is blank.

Any idea what's missing?  (New example is on the same directory as MoGraphics.au3, and the other examples still display properly.)

Invisible.PNG

I think you don't have Rockwell font installed. Change it to something else, like Times New Roman or Courier New.

An excellent analysis!  I completely overlooked that.

Clarendon gives me the kind of result I was hoping for.  With only a couple adjustments, I was able to get what I've posted below.

Thanks for sticking with me on this.  And thanks for a great UDF!

Visible.PNG