How to update the values of @Macros during script execution

Hi there,

how can the value of a @Macro Variable(or all of them) be updated without restarting the script.

e.g. changing IP-Setup from fixed IP to dhcp, but after new ip is assigned, the @IPAddress1 macro still shows the old value.

Via WMI i can get the current IP pretty easy, but there are other macros for which it might be handy to refresh/renew/reload the macro values...

Thanks in advance.

P.S: i googled, searched english and german forum, i even asked in the ##AutoIt channel on freenode:

But sadly, didn't find anything concerning my question.

rsRVpv.gif

AFAIK macros are initialized when the script starts; there is no function to update them.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Very strange. i really thought there was a way to update/refresh those values by issuing a command in a script.

But this leads to : Why isn't there a way to refresh the macro-values?

rsRVpv.gif

There are only 2 macros you can update: @error and @extended by using SetError and SetExtended.

I think there is no need to update the macros. Use variables instead.

Global $IPAddress1 = @IPAddress1
; Your code to change the IPAddress. Then reset variable $IPAddress1
$IPAddress1 = "Your code to change the IPAddress should return the new IPAddress"

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

36 minutes ago, water said:

macros are initialized when the script starts

that is not entirely exact; the time-related macros are updated regularly, so do the @error and @extended macros.

if you think it is necessary, feel free to submit a feature request. meanwhile, use alternative methods to retrieve the data stored in the macros, some of it is stored in the registry, other is accessible via WMI.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

I said: All macros get INITIALIZED when the script starts. I didn't say anything about when they get UPDATEd. Just that there is no function to UPDATE them except 2.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki