Work with software

Dear colleagues,

Now I am implementing the autoIt-based program, which is meant to make processes faster. So I now have a question: can I work with program while doing something simultaneously, like programs in Windows (For example, I give the browser task to download file with help of autoit and while downloading is performed, I write smth in Excel)? This means to work with software not by simulating mouse and keyboard, but in another background way.

Thanks!

• Moderators

@ichaos69 yes, you can perform other tasks while you're running AutoIt scripts, as long as you are not using Send or Mouseclick commands (which you shouldn't be anyway). Read up on ControlClick and other Control commands in the help file for more information. If you have a specific scenario in mind, please describe in detail what you're trying to accomplish and we will do our best to assist.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Thanks a lot!

Detailed example here:

I've got to download information from web-portal. To perform it, I have to access the site, then go to the required report, then press the button to download. I know how to simulate it, but the simulation requires not to do anything while this is done. I want to do everything "silently", while the script is doing something from taskbar, I want for example to go to another site or another program without disturbing the acces and downloading process. Thanks for Control commands, so, is it possible to write the "silent" script as I described? Thanks a lot once more!

• Moderators

What web browser are you using to access the portal? If you search the help file you will see functions for manipulating IE. If you're using Chrome, search the forum for Chrome UDF. Either way will give you examples on launching a site and interacting with it.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

@JLogan3o13, Thanks for your support! Will appreciate if you could somehow explain me the basis of work:

I mainly have systems to work with, These systems are site in Mozilla firefox, SAP and budgeting software. I have found UDF to work with SAP, but others can not. So I have the following question:

1. I need to spend much time downloading from SAP information required to work. I would like to automatize it in this way: I start the SAP downloading script and do some other work, so SAP just works from task bar and performs all actions required while I am working in other system on the same computer. Is it possible and if it is, would you kindly give information about where I can find some basics to learn the process;

2. I work with mozilla firefox with site, so I'd like to automatize some downloads as well. Am I supposed to write a completely new UDF and if I am, how?

3. I administrate very specific budgeting software basing on SQL Server. To calculate data, I need just start processes inside the software. Can I perform it in way like I want for SAP? Does it require the specific UDF?

Many thanks :)

1 hour ago, ichaos69 said:

2. I work with mozilla firefox with site, so I'd like to automatize some downloads as well. Am I supposed to write a completely new UDF and if I am, how?

No, there is already a UDF for firefox just download it and browse google or this forum for some example...

ill get to that... i still need to learn and understand a lot of codes graduated.gif

Correct answer, learn to walk before you take on that marathon.