Is there any way to verify a checkbox is already checked or not using any method.

I have a tool & in that i have a checkbox. I am clicking on that checkbox by using "ControlClick" method.

ControlClick("Internet Properties", "Start with ta&bs from the last session", "[CLASS:Button;INSTANCE:4]", "");

However i want to verify before clicking on that checkbox is already checked or not? Is there any way. 

Any example or help will be great.

@Danyfirex Thanks for the help.

Need one more help. How to change the values in slider. Attached screenshot: Slider.png

Say i have "High,Medium-High,Medium,Medium-low,low" values & based on input these slider values needs to change. 

Please help me for the above.

Slider.PNG

Edited by Arka

@Bert I am creating a Autoit script which will read the inputs & based on that it will update the slider values.

EX: Say If the input is "High" it will set the slider to "High".

Code written for the same, however this is not a fullproof code, As if its already set to high, This code will not work. 

Needs some guidelines here:

If $sResult = "High" Then
    $CMD = "inetcpl.cpl"
    RunWait(@ComSpec & " /c " & $CMD); 
    WinWaitActive("[CLASS:#32770]");  
    ControlClick("Internet Properties", "Use de&fault", "[CLASS:Button;INSTANCE:2]", ""); 
    Send("+{TAB}");
    Send("+{TAB}");
    Send("+ {RIGHT}");
    Sleep(1000)
    Send("{TAB}");
    Send("{TAB}");
    Send("+{UP}");

Edited by Arka

Expected: Lets say value is set to "low", expected is using the above script it should set it to high.

Experienced: When the value is set to "low", script is setting the value is medium.

I got a new solution for the above. Thanks for the help. :)

Well, that's easy... You only press "{up}" one time and you should press it twice as you want it to go up twice. Or just press "{HOME}" to up it to the maximum setting immediately.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Note: GUI automation is typically the last resort. The security settings can be set in other ways, perhaps you should try and directly set the required zone levels in the registry, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones.

RegRead, RegWrite...

Also, depending on what your network/deployment situation is, group policies may be the best way to go.

Roses are FF0000, violets are 0000FF... All my base are belong to you.

Unable to get the values using Autoit inspector inside>> IE>Internet settings.

Screenshot attached: Autoit issue.png.

Please help me out how to get the values using autoit inspector.

Autoit issue.PNG

Refer to post #4, automating the GUI is the last thing you should be doing.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Using "Send" keys i am able to do. But that is not Foolproof.

As checkbox is already "Checked" how we will verify using "Send" key.

Send("{TAB}");
Send("+{DOWN}");
Send("+{SPACE}");

This code will do when checkbox is already checked then it will uncheck & if it is uncheck then it will check.

However i want to do first checkbox is already checked or not?