AutoItGUI => CmdLine => WebServer => CmdProgram

Hello there!

I've written an extensive GUI in AutoIT. This GUI enables the user to call a cmdl-programm using the ShellExecuteWait() command, sending along parameters. The cmdl-program is written in C++ and processes images. It returns an errornumber to the GUI, and stores the processed images along with some text files on the harddrive.

The user uses a singel, representative image to test various parameters. Once he has decided which parameters are effective, he uses the GUI to send the command to c++ program which processes an entire imagefolder (1000+ images) with the same parameters. 

In a next step, I would like to run the GUI and the c++ program on different computers. The server (running the c++ program) is a designated machine with windows 10 as operating system, containing the images to be processed on its local drive. This computer has no other purpose than this task. The client runs the GUI, same OS.

1. The server will be behind a firewall with an unknown IP.
  2. Data transfer needs to be as limited as possible.

Here are some requirements/ideas:

1. The server is in a network with unreliable internet connection. In case the connection is lost, it needs to pick up communication once the connection is reestablished.
  2. Basic security measures to protect the server against unauthorized access from outside the network is required. Simple username & password should be fine.
  3. I have no access to the router settings on the server side. No portforwarding possible :-(
  4. The server compresses the resulting images and stores them in a separate folder. This way, the user can download the images with reduced filesize to do some quality check. However: on request, the original image(s) need to be downloadable.

I have very little experience with webservers, but I think that a webserver is what I need. If anybody could advise me on which technology/language to use, this would save me tremendous time. Here is what I figured /lokked into so far:

• Inittially I used ssh (and sftp)...but figured that this will not work reliably since I do not have access to the firewalls settings on the serverside. 
  • I figure a web-server with a dyamic IP would probably be a good idea.
  • I read about TCP-server:
  • About NetFlare-server:

• and about HTTP-server
  • A PHP-server might be a good choice (since reliable and well documented), but I read that it might be tricky to start a cmdl-program like this...???

Your input, comments and questions are much appreciated! Thank you.