Am I Attacked?

Renderer

Hello guys! This week, while i tried to surf the internet, i encountered a strange error. 

When i type in an internet address, it redirects me to a webpage page, apparently a router page, as in the image i've posted bellow. I do  not use any router connection. My internet connection type is a Broadband pppoe connection.

For example if i try to open google, i receive a privacy error message, (Code: NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID),and right after that, a new tab opens with the page i've described above,also captured, in the picture bellow.

I've never met this kind of error.Am i being attacked? I'm not doing well with the IT Security,so if anyone here has a clue about this event, please post it on this forum!

Thanks in advance!

screen.bmp

Windows XP?? Yikes!   Looks like a cell modem landing page with a SIM card message (didn't translate it).  Not necessarily an attack; it's common to get cert warnings/errors when the gateway is redirecting/capturing/proxying the traffic.  Check out your proxy settings to see if anything weird is listed there...but a serious side-note...an XP machine on the interwebs is like a time-bomb.

• 2 weeks later...

Vodaphone is a telecom company, I don't what its trying say but I am sure that you are not being attacked, it might be something wrong on vodafone's servers. Just contact their support team and they will sort it out for you :).

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

but I am sure that you are not being attacked

I am quite certain you are, everyday, by every drive by currently deployed.  To worsen Spud's analogy, you could be sitting on a bomb that is constantly creating new bombs passing them out and detonating them with no want or worry, and the only sign you have is that the internet connection seems dodgy.  I recommend you reimage that box everynight  when you go to sleep and wake up every day like XP just came out.

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

1 minute ago, iamtheky said:

and the only sign you have is that the internet connection seems dodgy.

:blink:, I am not sure now, I thought that it would be safe as the page was vodafone's...

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

no that page is static belonging to the trunk nearest the OP (This may be a slight assumption, but the APIPA leads me down this path).  In the US its a small router probably in your domicile, In others it may be a shared router for the entire stairwell or block. 

Edited by iamtheky

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)

• 1 year later...

@EricLowkey The last post was made over a year ago and this being your first post makes you look suspicious... Anyway, I think OP might have moved away from this :)