tempArray number order

I have a hundreds of color rules and the !tempArray needs to be in order. I can open this file in Notepad ++ and Excel. Once I marge them all together, I am looking for the best way to set the !tempArray to be in numbered order. Can someone Please help?

tempArray = ARRAY()

!gphAutoColourRul = |Electrical/PEEC/New|
!gphAutoColTnslVal = 0
!gphAutoColEdgeOn = FALSE
!gphAutoColourCol = object COLOUR(|164|)
!gphAutoColour    = object GPHAUTOCOLOUR(!gphAutoColourRul, !gphAutoColourCol, !gphAutoColTnslVal, !gphAutoColEdgeOn)
!tempArray[1] = !gphAutoColour

!gphAutoColourRul = |Electrical/PEEC/Demo|
!gphAutoColTnslVal = 0
!gphAutoColourCol = object COLOUR(|green|)
!gphAutoColour    = object GPHAUTOCOLOUR(!gphAutoColourRul, !gphAutoColourCol, !gphAutoColTnslVal, !gphAutoColEdgeOn)
!tempArray[2] = !gphAutoColour

!gphAutoColourRul = |Electrical/PEEC/Existing|
!gphAutoColTnslVal = 0
!gphAutoColourCol = object COLOUR(|grey|)
!tempArray[3] = !gphAutoColour

You mean something like this?

$re_A = StringSplit('02,1,10,11,3,15,16,17,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9', ',' , 2)

$re_A = _ArrayUnique($re_A)

_ArraySortNum($re_A)

_ArrayDisplay($re_A, "Sorted Array")

Func _ArraySortNum(ByRef $n_array, $i_descending = 0, $i_start = 1)
    Local $i_ub = UBound($n_array)
    For $i_count = $i_start To $i_ub - 2
        Local $i_se = $i_count
        If $i_descending Then
            For $x_count = $i_count To $i_ub - 1
                If Number($n_array[$i_se]) < Number($n_array[$x_count]) Then $i_se = $x_count
            Next
        Else
                If Number($n_array[$i_se]) > Number($n_array[$x_count]) Then $i_se = $x_count
            Next
        EndIf
        Local $i_hld = $n_array[$i_count]
        $n_array[$i_count] = $n_array[$i_se]
        $n_array[$i_se] = $i_hld
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>_ArraySortNum

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

12 minutes ago, Xenobiologist said:

You mean something like this?

$re_A = StringSplit('02,1,10,11,3,15,16,17,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9', ',' , 2)

$re_A = _ArrayUnique($re_A)

_ArraySortNum($re_A)

_ArrayDisplay($re_A, "Sorted Array")

Func _ArraySortNum(ByRef $n_array, $i_descending = 0, $i_start = 1)
    Local $i_ub = UBound($n_array)
    For $i_count = $i_start To $i_ub - 2
        Local $i_se = $i_count
        If $i_descending Then
                If Number($n_array[$i_se]) < Number($n_array[$x_count]) Then $i_se = $x_count
            Next
        Else
                If Number($n_array[$i_se]) > Number($n_array[$x_count]) Then $i_se = $x_count
            Next
        EndIf
        Local $i_hld = $n_array[$i_count]
        $n_array[$i_count] = $n_array[$i_se]
        $n_array[$i_se] = $i_hld
    Next
EndFunc   ;==>_ArraySortNum

How do I load the files so the temparray can be sorted? I can't bring the rules into AutoIT.

I thought, you would read your stuff stuff into an array and then sort it.

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

2 minutes ago, Xenobiologist said:

I thought, you would read your stuff stuff into an array and then sort it.

I was wondering if the best way would be to create a file open dialog, click the file and have the array sort the temparray but I am not sure what to do.

Then post a little file with content before and another file with the content after the sort. You may also describe what is neccessary to do the sort.

Here is the file, You can open it with Notepad. These are color rules... users will be sending me the rules. All the new rules will always start at 1... I need to marge all rules and have the !tempArray's in numeric order. These rule will change offen... I'll need to re-order them everytime they change.. If the !tempArray is not in numbered order the rules will not work. Thanks for your help...

des-col.pmldat

Looking quickly at the file posted, I don't understand the sort criterion. There are two entries with !tempArray[2] and when you are submitted new entries numbered at 1, will you just add them at the end (with incresing numbers) or is there another criterion to sort them?

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

3 minutes ago, jchd said:

Looking quickly at the file posted, I don't understand the sort criterion. There are two entries with !tempArray[2] and when you are submitted new entries numbered at 1, will you just add them at the end (with incresing numbers) or is there another criterion to sort them?

sorry, that should be 1,2,3 but at his time all the numbers are mixed up and need to in order. once I get the rules from the users it will be in order. 1-200 from one group then 1-50 from another group... I need to marge them all together in a master file 1-250... I've been doing in manually, click on each temparray and typing 1,2,3 etc... 

I'd do it with an elaborate StringRegExpReplace, renumbering the file from 1 upwards. The only preliminary step is to remove the end lines from the old file and the head lines from the new file.

Would that seem OK for you?

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

7 minutes ago, jchd said:

I'd do it with an elaborate StringRegExpReplace, renumbering the file from 1 upwards. The only preliminary step is to remove the end lines from the old file and the head lines from the new file.

Would that seem OK for you?

Sure, nothing I am doing is working...

Here you are:

Local $sText = FileRead("des-col.pmldat")
Local $sTextNew = Execute("'" & StringRegExpReplace($sText, "(?m)(?<=^!tempArray\[)(\d+)(?=])", "' & _Increment() & '") & "'")
FileDelete("des-col_new.pmldat")
FileWrite("des-col_new.pmldat", $sTextNew)

Func _Increment($reset = 0)
    Local Static $index = 1
    If $reset Then $index = 1
    $index += 1
    Return $index - 1
EndFunc

6 minutes ago, jchd said:

Here you are:

Local $sText = FileRead("des-col.pmldat")
Local $sTextNew = Execute("'" & StringRegExpReplace($sText, "(?m)(?<=^!tempArray\[)(\d+)(?=])", "' & _Increment() & '") & "'")
FileDelete("des-col_new.pmldat")
FileWrite("des-col_new.pmldat", $sTextNew)

Local Static $index = 1
    $index += 1
    Return $index - 1
EndFunc

Thanks, How does it know where the des-col.pmldat file is located?

Just adapt file names and pathes to your context.

Please, don't bow to anyone.

33 minutes ago, jchd said:

Just adapt file names and pathes to your context.

Please, don't bow to anyone.

Local $sText = FileRead("C:\Users\Desktop\des-col.pmldat")
FileDelete("C:\Users\Desktop\des-col_new.pmldat")
FileWrite("C:\Users\Desktop\des-col_new.pmldat", $sTextNew)

Local Static $index = 1
    $index += 1
    Return $index - 1
EndFunc

It's creating but the new file is empty. What am I missing?

I have no idea. Try adding error checking and confirm there is no username in the middle of the path you intend to use (e.g. C:\Users\Frankenstein\Desktop\des-col.pmldat)

2:08 here --> bedtime!

Bye.

Edited by jchd