Find Control ID in HwndWrapper

I've been able to develop an automation script using key strokes for a particular app at work. I want to interact directly with the controls through the control functions. However, when I use the AutoIT WinInfo app, the whole GUI appears as a HwndWrapper and I can't find any of the individual buttons and inputs. Does anyone know how to find the controls in this sort of situation? Thanks.

• Moderators

@mhumpher welcome to the forum. "this situation" that you describe is incredibly vague. Without knowing the application, or seeing what you see on the Window Info Tool, you're leaving us to first guess at what you're trying to automate and then try to troubleshoot it for you.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

@JLogan3o13 Sorry, I am fairly new to AutoIt and I was hoping the HwndWrapper would be information enough. The application that I'm working with is called MG ALFA and I'd be surprised if two people on this forum had heard of it. It is a financial projection software. The version I am using has a very modern look, similar I think to Microsoft Office. The whole GUI gives the below, that is no information about any of the controls. I was wondering over the weekend if there was a way to find all of the controls in a window by looping through possible ID#'s then just work through which are the ones I need. Thanks again for your help.

ALFA AutoIT.jpg

Edited by mhumpher