Can I user AutoIT as a front-end to Powershell?

TechScott

I have a rather heady PowerShell script that requires a few inputs that I would like to present as pick lists/pull down lists.  I've fiddled with doing this using Windows API calls and frankly it's pretty ugly and non-productive.  What I'd like to accomplish is to present the user with a refined UI that will force them to color between the lines and catch any error putput and display it to them in an organized fashion.

Has anyone done this?  I'd like to have an AutoIT based solution as my current client didn't plan on any extra time or budget to accomplish this task.

Thanks,

-Scott.

yes, look at the GuiCtrl examples.  you will also find a metric shit ton of ways to run powershell commands by searching me.   lets start with your commands then we can spitball what the ideal controls for those would be.

If you dont want to run individual ps commands, You could also take the user input and use that to complete the .ps1, and just run that.  You can even mix and match, just have to clearly define an endgoal for each step.

Edited by iamtheky

,-. .--. ________ .-. .-. ,---. ,-. .-. .-. .-.
|(| / /\ \ |\ /| |__ __||| | | || .-' | |/ / \ \_/ )/
(_) / /__\ \ |(\ / | )| | | `-' | | `-. | | / __ \ (_)
| | | __ | (_)\/ | (_) | | .-. | | .-' | | \ |__| ) (
| | | | |)| | \ / | | | | | |)| | `--. | |) \ | |
`-' |_| (_) | |\/| | `-' /( (_)/( __.' |((_)-' /(_|
'-' '-' (__) (__) (_) (__)