Vivaed

Run(@ComSpec...) with schtasks

I have this button in an app I am building:

When you click it, it then opens a FileOpenDialog() I select and XML, then it asks for a name input, enter the name, then it should run the following code:

schtasks.exe /create /tn XXXX-task /XML C:\WBRESO~1\WB-LOO~1\TESTIN~1.XML

It works when I put it in the CMD and run it, I get SUCCESS! and the new task has been created in Task Scheduler.

C:\Users\vivaed>schtasks.exe /create /tn XXXX /xml C:\WBRESO~1\WB-LOO~1\TESTIN~1.XML
SUCCESS: The scheduled task "XXXX" has successfully been created.

But when I run it in:

(This is just a snippet of the code, there is a lot more)

#include <AutoItConstants.au3>

Global $wbResources = 'C:\"WB Resources"\WB-LoopChecker\'

Case $Button4
                $getXML = FileOpenDialog("Find task to import", $wbResources ,"XML (*.xml)")

If @error Then
                    ; Display the error message.
                    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "No file was selected.")
                Else
                    Local $taskName = InputBox("Name this task","File: " & @CRLF & $getXML & @CRLF & "Name this task:" & @CRLF,"XXXX-task")
                    $schedTask = 'schtasks.exe /create /tn ' & $taskName & ' /XML ' & FileGetShortName($getXML)
                    Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $schedTask, @SW_HIDE)
                    ConsoleWrite($wbResources & @CRLF)
                    ConsoleWrite($schedTask & @CRLF)
                EndIf

Here I dont get any errors but the when I refresh the Task Scheduler, there is no new task.... :(

Edited by Vivaed

you either need #RequireAdmin at the top of your script, or you have a quotes issue in the string you pass to Run().

to troubleshoot the 2nd option i see you do a ConsoleWrite() to a part of the string. do that for the whole string, including the @ComSpec part - the exact complete string you pass to Run().

EDIT: how are you checking for errors for saying that you hare not getting any?

EDIT: perhaps this will be of some use to you:

Edited by orbs

Change the /c to /k and remove the @SW_HIDE so you can see the CMD window and the errors generated.

Jos

edit: Actually you have an error in your Run command. the second parameter should be the workdir, not the Window status!

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Burgs
      Greetings,
        I would like to be able to write a script to send commands to the console for creation of Gstreamer pipelines.  I was thinking of something similar to this:
      Local $iPID = Run("C:\Windows\System32\cmd", "", @SW_MAXIMIZE) ;THIS OPENS THE CONSOLE...!!! if $iPID == 0 Then ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "I DID NOT OPEN CMD...error: " & @error & @CRLF) if $iPID <> 0 Then ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "I OPENED CMD...!!!" & @CRLF) $hCmd = WinGetHandle("C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe") if $hCmd <> 0 Then WinActivate($hCmd) ;ensure command console is active... $sOutput = Send("cd C:\gstreamer\1.0\x86_64\bin" & @CRLF, $SEND_RAW) $sOutput = Send("gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! autovideosink" & @CRLF, $SEND_RAW) Sleep(3000) ControlSend($hCmd, "", "", "exit" & @CR) EndIf ;$hCmd NOT "0"... I don't really know if this is the best way to open the console and send commands into it.  I'm also not sure about how to best catch any errors that may occur...likely this needs to be accomplished with the STDOUTREAD command however I've not had experience using it before and therefore would appreciate some advice that anybody may offer. 
      Basically I'm seeking guidance on how to best automate the opening of the console, sending lines of commands to be executed, and handling any potential errors in the execution of those commands...I thank you in advance.  Regards.
    • By MadhaN
      Hi all,
      I have a csv file as below, I wand to find srno from csv and send corresponding ip and pass to commend cmd prompt. 
      Please guide me to create script .
      srno,name,ip,pass
      1,name1,ip1,pass1
      2,name2,ip2,pass2

• By AnonymousX
      So I just got a new computer, and instantly went and installed Autoit onto it. I selected run script as default action when clicking on an au3 file, however every time I do this it opens the script in the editor. I can from there run the script no problem.
      I've tried reinstalling and checking the settings by hitting "Ctrl+1" and have confirmed it is set to run, but yet it just continues to open in the editor.
      Any ideas why this is happening or how to solve?
      New system is windows 10, old was windows 7
    • By HariKara
      Hi AutoIters!

Im trying to launch a .exe file that is nested within the program files (x86) folder structure. i have already used the standard RunAs Syntax and found that it fails to launch the application. I have switched to Run and that seems to work. My issue is I have to use RunAs as the applicaton would need to run under a completely different account. The Current logged in user is a Local User on the machine, however, the application must be run as a domain user. The Machine is domain connected.

have tried the following:
      RunAs("username","logonpassword", $RUN_LOGON_PROFILE, "D:\Program Files (x86)\Vendor\Application Name\Exe Location\Executable.exe") The above fails to launch, there are no errors or syntax issues, it just does nothing when the variables are replaced for the correct values.
      I did the same using the Run command
      Run("D:\Program Files (x86)\Vendor\Application Name\Exe Location\Executable.exe") That seems to work fine, but runs in local user context. Any thoughts? Could it be a local Machine rights issue? Or have i missed something glaring in my script
    • By nacerbaaziz
      Hello
      i have searched a lot about how to run external programs with the administrator privileges without the script running with administrator privileges using autoit
      But all my attempts failed
      Finally, today I found the VBS function doing this task
      I immediately transferred it to our beloved language (autoit) and i decided to share it with you
      i hope you like it
      This is a simple example about how to use the function

runAsAdmin("cmd.exe", "/c @echo off & cls & echo test & pause", "c:\", @sw_show)
      this is the function

func runAsAdmin($program, $parameters = "", $workingDir = @workingDir, $show = "") local $oShell = OBJCreate("Shell.Application") if isOBJ($oShell) then local $result = $oShell.ShellExecute($program, $parameters, $workingDir, "runas", $show) else $result = false endIf return $result endFunc