ralph_ng

How to append data (random) in Excel?

ralph_ng

Hi everybody, I'm newbie to learn AutoIt, need some help... The process/ work that I'd like to automate is just for testing purpose for my job.

Searching high and low, I found no script example for writing any random data into excel file. 

Melba23

Moved.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• gahhon
      By gahhon
      I have a python script automate.py and I wanna run it via CMD.
      As I know to execute python via CMD is something like this
      $CMD = "Something python here" Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & $CMD) But how can I just open the 1 CMD and send multiple commands to the CMD based on the function called?
      For instance like:

Launch CMD and send python then send import automate If google() function is called - send automate.google() to the CMD If yahoo() function is called - send automate.yahoo() to the CMD  I don't want to execute multiple CMD to call the automate functions. This is due to inside the python script have global variable to handle duplicate flag.
      So if I execute multiple CMD to call the functions, the global variable will be keep new as NULL. Which is not my expectation.

Thanks
    • gahhon
      By gahhon
      I only found that AutoIt can actually execute the entire python script or execute the .exe (converted to .exe from .py)
      But what if I just want call the particular function? If that possible to do so?
      This is because python can't create fancy GUI like AutoIT does. So my plan is use AutoIT to have fancy GUI.
      Then each buttons will trigger specific function in the python script or .exe file.
      For instances:
      btnSum - trigger function in python script or .exe file (funcSum)
      btnMinus - trigger function in python script or .exe file (funcMinus)

Thanks for advance information.
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hello my friends
      Can we create a single context menu on more than one item?
      For example, a context menu includes standardized options on more than one control, such as buttons or check boxes
      to Create a context menu on one item am using this function
      GUICtrlCreateContextMenu ($ HWND)
      How to link it with more than one element please?
      or if we can't do that, please give me a solution
      so i tried to add an context menus to all the controls but the script will be long, for that if their are any solutions i hope to give it to me
      thanks in advanced
    • SlackerAl
      By SlackerAl
      I have an issue when starting Excel with the following code
      #include <Excel.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> Opt("GUIOnEventMode", 1) GUICreate("Excel Test", 600, 440) GUISetOnEvent($GUI_EVENT_CLOSE, "MenuExit") GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; Create application object Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open() If @error Then Exit MsgBox(0, "Excel UDF: _Excel_RangeFind Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended) ; sit here forever with an option to react every 10ms While 1 Sleep(10) WEnd Exit Func MenuExit() GUIDelete() Exit EndFunc If the Excel is a standard install, everything is OK. If Excel has the Kutools add-in (https://www.extendoffice.com/product/kutools-for-excel.html) installed and active the excel process runs (and is visible in task manager until killed), but it never displays. Disabling the add-in restores normal functionality.
      If I add some additional code to interact with the excel application then still nothing happens if the add-in is active. However, if Excel is started first and then the AutoIt code is run, it is able to interact with the Excel session as normal.
      Summary: The Excel add-in Kutools prevents excel being started with the _Excel_Open() command from AutoIt. Any AutoIt side work-arounds for this?
    • Morphice
      By Morphice
      Hello , 
      I am new to autoIT, I am wondering if someone could guide me in the correct path for this program. Attached are the steps for the program as well as what I currently have. Any help is greatly appreciated . Thank You. 
      * workbooks\sheets will be organized on per level basis , 1st sheet lvl 1 ,2nd sheet lvl 2 etc or workbook 1 = level 1, workbook 2 = level 2 etc. 
      ; = comments and reminders 
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include<excel.au3> #include<Array.au3> Global Const $PatientLookupX = 320 Global Const $PatientLookupY = 64 ; down 1 and enter Global Const $PatientTextBoxX = 410 Global Const $PatientTextBoxY = 217 ; click , Ctrl + V , Enter Global Const $PHMhubX = 512 Global Const $PHMhubY = 613 ;click down 1 enter button Global Const $HealthRiskAssesmetX = 40 Global Const $HealthRiskAssesmetY = 162 Global Const $AddnewAssesmentX = 168 Global Const $AddnewAssesmentY = 98 Global Const $SelectAssesmentX = 342 Global Const $SelectAssesmentY = 98 ; Down 7 and enter Risk score new Global Const $EmptyAnswerBarX = 465 Global Const $EmptyAnswerBarY = 145 Global Const $LowriskpreventionX = 716 Global Const $LowriskpreventionY = 324 Global Const $MediumriskPreventionX = 716 Global Const $MediumriskPreventionY = 352 Global Const $HighriskPreventionX = 716 Global Const $HighriskPreventionY = 377 Global Const $CatatrosphicPreventionX = 714 Global Const $CatatrosphicPreventionY = 399 Global Const $ClosebuttonX = 1167 Global Const $ClosebuttonY = 666 Global Const $SaveRiskButtonX = 1161 Global Const $SaveRiskButtonY = 692 Global Const $ExitCPScreenX = 1339 Global Const $ExitCPScreenY = 8 Global Const $ExitpatientHubX = 1000 Global Const $ExitpatientHubY = 79 Global Const $sleepMod = 2 Global Const $sleepVal = 5000*$sleepMod Global Const $sleepLow = 200*$sleepMod Global Const $sleepMed = 1000*$sleepMod Global Const $sleepHigh = 3500*$sleepMod ;Function Open excel , read account number in column A ;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HotKeySet("{ESC}","stopbaby") Func _WinWaitActivate($title,$text,$timeout=0) $hWnd = WinWait($title,$text,$timeout) If Not WinActive($title,$text) Then WinActivate($title,$text) WinWaitActive($title,$text,$timeout) EndFunc $i=0 While $i <=2 $i = $i+1 Local $Open_excel = _Excel_Open() Local $File_path = "D:\AutoIT\Risk_Test.xlsx" Local $Open_workbook = _Excel_BookOpen($Open_excel,$File_path) WinActivate($Open_workbook) Local $Read_account_number = _Excel_RangeRead($Open_workbook,default,"A" &$i) _Excel_Close($Open_excel,False) WEnd ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Func NavtoSearch() WinActivate(eClinicalWorks (Garcia,Erick) Sleep($sleepMed) MouseClick("",693,77) Send("!p") ; shortcut for patient menu Send("{DOWN}") ; down 1 send ("{Enter}") ; patient lookup Sleep($sleepMed) ;paste account number How would I do this??? Send("{Enter}") ;Once patient is found, + enter = takes you to patient hub Sleep($sleepMed) Next NavtoPHMHub() ;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Func NavtoPHMHub() MouseClick("",$PHMhubX,$PHMhubY) Sleep($sleepLow) Send("{DOWN}") Send("{ENTER}") ;takes you to Care Plan HUB Next NavtoRiskScore() ;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Func NavtoRiskScore() MouseClick("",$HealthRiskAssesmetX,$HealthRiskAssesmetY) ;Clicks on HealthRisk assesment Sleep($sleepLow) MouseClick("",$AddnewAssesmentX,$AddnewAssesmentY) ; Click addnew assesment Sleep($sleepLow) MouseClick("",$SelectAssesmentX,$SelectAssesmentY) ;click select assesment tab Sleep($sleepLow) Send("{DOWN 7}") Send("{ENTER}") Sleep($sleepLow) MouseClick("",$EmptyAnswerBarX,$EmptyAnswerBarY) ;Click on Empty answer bar Sleep($sleepLow) MouseClick("",$LowriskpreventionX,$LowriskpreventionY) ; selects Risk Score, Change for other types 1-6 Next NavtoNextPatient() Func NavtoNextPatient MouseClick("",$ClosebuttonX,$ClosebuttonY) MouseClick("",$SaveRiskButtonX,$SaveRiskButtonY) MouseClick("",$ExitCPScreenX,$ExitCPScreenY) MouseClick("",$ExitpatientHubX,$ExitpatientHubY) EndFunc ;Function should loop back to excel sheet, copy next account number, activate eclinicalworks, and repeat the steps ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Func stopbaby() exit EndFunc Best Regards,
      Morphice
      steps for program.docx