Issue with Intranet

Hello all,

I'm using a private Intranet page within our company, and Autoit,  to automate some simple tasks for the "not so savvy" computer users within the company. :lol: ...And I'd like to avoid any "MouseClicks" at all with Autoit, because that just won't work for obvious reasons across many machines (various screen resolutions and such).

The Script I'm working on opens a separate instance of IE, then navigates around the Intranet for a few simple point-and-clicks...pretty easy stuff, and not a difficult script at all to write. However, I'm stuck with finding a way to click some links...without using MouseClick functions.

I had the website administrator create some ID's on the Intranet page to help with the automation (for use with _IEGetObjById and maybe ControlClick or _IEAction), but when I inspect elements using Internet Explorer, I don't see the ID's that were made...I see them with Firefox just fine, but not Internet Explorer. The errors I get with Autoit are "no match" when getting the object by the ID, and ...the subsequent error when trying to "use" the object that did not match (can't think of it right now).

Is this simply a limitation with IE and Intranets?

The Intranet is using bootstrap and jquery (to which I am not very familiar), and inspecting the elements with Internet Explorer yields only "classes"...a whole lot of them. Any ideas on how to work around this issue?

I'd like to use IE for this simple task because it's already installed on all the Windows machines.

==========

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to take a stab (or to anyone humiliating me if there is some super easy user function that I didn't see yet...LOL!!) ;)

bloopie

Thanks for the reply...but unfortunately, not really... :(

I will see what I can provide, but it will have to be heavily edited versions of the source code in either format...edited because there are company websites, logins, and passwords within the code that I'm trying to work with. I may be able to simply copy the "id" block that I see in firefox, and some of the block with Internet Explorer, but not much more than that.

I will see what I can provide tomorrow when I get back to work, but trust that I have a pretty firm grasp on what Autoit Is looking for (within windows), in case what I have to work with is not what you're expecting to see.

My most sincere apologies if that is the case, but I'm really hoping there is another way to do this...

bloopie

1 hour ago, bloopie said:

Thanks for the reply...but unfortunately, not really... :(

ok. You're using php at your web site. Put together a sample php of your code without database stuff. Just enough to replicate the form and send it, to nowhere really.
Based on that, you would not risk any company info. and we can test and find where the problem lies at. And I'd bet is in your php., else, I'm sure there is a work around.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

@bloopie ... just a wild guess... look also to the ie settings to ensure thath it doesn't read an old web page from a cache memory instead of from the real web server.
eventually try to empty all the data stored in the explorer's cache.

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Thanks for the replies,

Not sure why it took so long for the change to take effect, but I can now see the id's in IE as well as FF, so that part is taken care of (I appreciate the suggestions).

The id's are nested under a dropdown, and the issue now is getting autoit to "act" on the id's. Since the element we need to "click" on is within a dropdown menu, I think I'll see if the website admin will maybe add some id's to the dropdown's as well. Unless there is a workaround for this as well?:

<strong>Aircore Nexpart Accounts (914)xxx-xxxx</strong>

There are a couple of these dropdowns within the intranet I'll need to navigate into (the above is just one of many suppliers). This looks like it's in a <div>, so we may be able to add id's to these as well...but it would be great if autoit could bypass the dropdown alltogether...

I can get the ID to show up in a msgbox, but only by using the expression "$variable.id". I can't use that in an _IEAction function though. Any ideas for that as well?

Many thanks for the replies and suggestions! :)

bloopie

Hello again,

Well, I couldn't get the ID's to work even after I scripted in a MouseClick for just the dropdown. Ultimately, the ID's were a bust alltogether (for whatever reason). ...But I surprisingly got it to work by using _IELinkClickByText ! :)

I'm getting #7 ($_IEStatus_NoMatch) errors everytime, but it still continues it's functions and seems to work correctly anyway.  Any reason why it still works correctly after the error? I figured it would error and then stop, but that's not the case.

bloopie