New SciTe4AutoIt3

Jos

• Developers

11/26/2005: Uploaded a new SciTe4AutoIt3.exe installer which contains SciTE 1.66 and other updates. (see below for complete list)

==> ScitillaHistory page containing all SciTE/Scintilla updates.

==> Visit the SciTe4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions

==> Check the online documentation for an overview of all extra's you get with this installer.

Enjoy,

Updates:

11/26/2005
*** Update SciLexer:
    Fixed some issues with Sendkeys in strings.
*** Updated Au3Check v1.48 (Tylo):  
    - Allow empty exp[b][/b]ressions as COM method args. E.g: $obj.method(1,,,,$val)
    - Allow multiple tabs/spaces before cont. char _.
    - updated: Require space/tab before, and allow comment after cont. char _. 
    - fixed: Disallow loops/branches after single line IFs.
*** Updated CompileAU3 v1.3 (JdeB):
    - Added CompileAU3.ini which contains the default settings for the CompilerAU3 compiler directives and updated 
      CompileAU3 to read this info. It will be overridden by the Script.au3.ini or Compiler directive settings.     
    - Added the following Compiler Directives:
      #Compiler_Res_FileVersion_AutoIncrement=y;This directive will trigger CompileAU3 to increment the 4th number
         by 1 in the "#Compiler_Res_Fileversion=0.0.0.1" directive version number after the Script.EXE is created.
      #Compiler_PlugIn_Funcs=Func1,Func2;comma separated list of PlugIn functions;This Directive will temporary 
         add the specified function(s) as Valid Functions to AU3Check to avoid getting "undefined function." errors 
         when Running or Compiling scripts that use the new Plugin feature.
      #Compiler_AU3Check_Stop_OnWarning=N;Continue when only Warnings from AU3Check. N=Default
*** Updated Tidy v1.29 (JdeB)
    - Fixed BUG with Comment behind a Continuation character when using the Indent option.
    - Added  support for Switch...EndSwitch.
    - Added Macro's to the Documentation file and reformatted the output.
*** Added Koda to the installer which is a nice tool to develop your GUI syntax. (Lookfar & Lazycat)
    Just Hit Alt+M in SciTE whic will start FD.exe. In the F9 menu you have an option to save it to SciTE.
    Click on this button and Close FD which will paste the Syntax at the carrot position in SciTE.
*** Updated SciteConfig (JdeB)
    Have changed the GUI which is now using tabs and added an option that shows 
    the currentSciTE definition loaded and to change between Production and BETA.
*** Updated the abbreviations (Mhz)

EDIT: Fixed links

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Doesn't this belong in 'Scripts & Scraps'?

Only if you want to inform and share your contribution with the community, ofcourse.

This is a developed editor based on C++, not an AutoIt script. 'Scripts & Scraps' should be kept clean for just AutoIt scripts and plugins. Some other posts in the Dev forum are much more appropiate to the other forums yet no flag for them. B)

noob² :graduated:

A followup? Got me stumped. :o

Thanks for the new SciTe installer, JdeB. :)

JdeB, I completely uninstalled my old SciTE and installed the new one along with the latest definition files update (26/11/2005), however the editor still doesn't seem to recognise DLLStructCreate() et al. Am I doing something wrong?

Edited by LxP

Am I doing something wrong?

No, you are not getting it wrong. DllStruct* functions are not listed in the Au3.api file for some reason. IsBinaryString() is missing also and not sure of others.

Edit: Neither is FileCreateNTFSLink. Maybe Au3.api compiled from an old source?

Edited by MHz

• Developers

Thanks most of you for the feedback. B)

The links are fixed (Copy&Paste seems to screw thing up in the Rich TExt Edit of this forum).

Also regenerated the Installer and the Definitions files look good now.

Let me know when you still see problems..

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

Also regenerated the Installer and the Definitions files look good now.

Let me know when you still see problems..

Thanks for your efforts JdeB!

I completely uninstalled SciTE again, re-downloaded the installer and the updater and ran them both, however I'm still having the problems noted in my last post. Is there something else that I should be doing?

• Developers

Thanks for your efforts JdeB!

I completely uninstalled SciTE again, re-downloaded the installer and the updater and ran them both, however I'm still having the problems noted in my last post. Is there something else that I should be doing?

No need to uninstall first..

Do you have the Beta AutoIt3 loaded in the standard way ?

You could run SciTEConfig (Ctrl+1) and check what definitions are loaded ...switch if needed...

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

• Developers

Thanks JdeB, I had to switch the loaded definitions. I wasn't aware that there were two different sets but it makes sense.

The way it works is that the installer checks for the existence of $AUTOITDIR\Beta\AutoIt3.exe.

If it exists it will run : $INSTDIR\Defs\UpdateDefs.exe /s beta (Loading the Beta definitions)

Else it will run: $INSTDIR\Defs\UpdateDefs.exe /s prod (Loading the Production definitions)

The installer is loading the BETA version fine for me B)

Edited by JdeB

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

The installer is loading the BETA version fine for me B)

And it now loads the beta definitions properly for me too -- I obviously didn't have the beta version properly installed before.

Thanks again for all your work JdeB!

Installed the latest version

Some testing brought this to the daylight.

List dropdownbox Ctrl+L

as mentioned in the Help file and online documentation

In my case this works with ALT+L. This was also the case in previous versions.

And the CRTL+1 doesn' t do anything. Should I see some screen comming up ?

Anyhow integrating the KODA is realy the best that could happen B)

Great Job.

• Developers

Installed the latest version

Some testing brought this to the daylight.

In my case this works with ALT+L. This was also the case in previous versions.

Typo in the Helpfile... will correct that to Alt+L ...thanks B)

And the CRTL+1 doesn' t do anything. Should I see some screen comming up ?

Guess you meant Ctrl+l not Ctrl+1? (Ctrl+1 should bring up SciTEConfig).

All possible options with coreect shortcuts are listed under the Tools menu option.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

@Jdeb

Relating to CRT+1 If I read in the Tools Menu it should bring up the SciTEConfig window.

In my case it doesn't do anything ? Give it a try in your version.

I tested different versions but no success.

Only activating it via the TOOLS->SciTEConfig works fine. But not the short cut CRTL+1.

Don't spent to much time on it, it's not important though.

Thanks for the feedback.

@Jdeb

Relating to CRT+1 If I read in the Tools Menu it should bring up the SciTEConfig window.

In my case it doesn't do anything ? Give it a try in your version.

I tested different versions but no success.

Only activating it via the TOOLS->SciTEConfig works fine. But not the short cut CRTL+1.

Don't spent to much time on it, it's not important though.

Thanks for the feedback.

Works for me as long as i have an .au3 file open.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.