data empty afther encrypt/decrypt

FMS

Hello,

I think this is a simple question if you know the answer.

At this function i try to  (encrypt -> decrypt -> change -> encrypt ->decrypt->check ) an array.
This is a snippet from a larger script but the error is the same.
I do this encrypt decrypt action so i can save some setting along the way in a file.

But at the end (when i change the data and not when i dont change the data) is empty.

does somebody see what i'm doing wrong here?

Func test()

Local $LC_timestamp = @MDAY & "." & @MON & "." & @YEAR & "_" & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC
   Global $GL_USS_base_count = 4
   Global $GL_USS_base[$GL_USS_base_count][2] = [["nickname", "FMS"], ["last_login", $LC_timestamp], ["login_count", "1" ], ["naam3", $LC_timestamp]]

Global $encrypted_GL_USS_true[$GL_USS_base_count]
   Global $encrypted_GL_USS_content_true[$GL_USS_base_count]
   Global $GL_array_decrypted_USS_names[$GL_USS_base_count]
   Global $GL_array_decrypted_USS_settings[$GL_USS_base_count]

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "should be 1", $GL_USS_base[2][1])

;make
   for $i = 0 to $GL_USS_base_count -1
      $encrypted_GL_USS_true[$i] = _Crypt_EncryptData($GL_USS_base[$i][0], $GL_encr_key_settings, $CALG_AES_128)
      $encrypted_GL_USS_content_true[$i] = _Crypt_EncryptData($GL_USS_base[$i][1], $GL_encr_key_settings, $CALG_AES_128)
   Next

;get
      $GL_array_decrypted_USS_names[$i] = binarytostring(_Crypt_DecryptData(binary($encrypted_GL_USS_true[$i]), $GL_encr_key_settings, $CALG_AES_128))
      $GL_array_decrypted_USS_settings[$i] = binarytostring(_Crypt_DecryptData(binary($encrypted_GL_USS_content_true[$i]), $GL_encr_key_settings, $CALG_AES_128))
   Next

MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "should be 1", $GL_array_decrypted_USS_settings[2])

;change
   $GL_array_decrypted_USS_settings[2] = $GL_array_decrypted_USS_settings[2] + "1"
   MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "should be 2", $GL_array_decrypted_USS_settings[2])
   ;save
      $encrypted_GL_USS_true[$i] = _Crypt_EncryptData($GL_array_decrypted_USS_names[$i], $GL_encr_key_settings, $CALG_AES_128)
      $encrypted_GL_USS_content_true[$i] = _Crypt_EncryptData($GL_array_decrypted_USS_settings[$i], $GL_encr_key_settings, $CALG_AES_128)
   Next
   ;get
      $GL_array_decrypted_USS_names[$i] = binarytostring(_Crypt_DecryptData(binary($encrypted_GL_USS_true[$i]), $GL_encr_key_settings, $CALG_AES_128))
      $GL_array_decrypted_USS_settings[$i] = binarytostring(_Crypt_DecryptData(binary($encrypted_GL_USS_content_true[$i]), $GL_encr_key_settings, $CALG_AES_128))
   Next

;check
   MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "should be 2", $GL_array_decrypted_USS_settings[2]) ;why is this emty?????
EndFunc

thanks in advanced

as finishing touch god created the dutch

Why are you converting the binary string returned by _Crypt_EncryptData to binary value when you try to decrypt it.  It is already a binary string, there is not need to use the Binary function.

This 

BinaryToString(_Crypt_DecryptData(Binary($encrypted_GL_USS_true[$i]), $GL_encr_key_settings, $CALG_AES_128))

should be

BinaryToString(_Crypt_DecryptData($encrypted_GL_USS_true[$i], $GL_encr_key_settings, $CALG_AES_128))

Adam

Now I've looked it over and it seems when you add +1 to the decrypted data, you convert to int instead of string and convert the binary return for a int with the value of 2, to a string.

So basically change:

$GL_array_decrypted_USS_settings[2] = $GL_array_decrypted_USS_settings[2] + "1"

To:

$GL_array_decrypted_USS_settings[2] = String( $GL_array_decrypted_USS_settings[2] + "1" )