PrintF or something like it

BladeZ

sorry no i dont think thats what im looking for. i have a game (diablo ii) and i need to print a bool status to the screen.

EDIT: What im looking for is something like ToolTip but without the backround color and able to change the texts size / color / font

-BladeZ

Edited by BladeZ

Obviously, this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I know you can do it this way if you want:

Since Diablo II is going to be your active window (or at least, it would be if I did it), you can always press enter, and type in ! and your text to get an overhead message. Example:

$YourText = "This is a message."

Send ("{ENTER}") ; open chat thingy...

Send ("!" & $YourText)

Send ("{ENTER}") ; close chat, sending text to overhead bubble

This would send "This is a message." to the overhead bubble in DII. Of course, you could simplify those statements into one, but I split it up to show the steps.

EDIT -->

Also, this is a standard Diablo II font/size/color, so that's not it. But it is something.

You could also use Splash Text if your Diablo II is in window mode. SplashTextOn ( "title", "text" [, w [, h [, x pos [, y pos [, opt [, "fontname" [, "fontsz" [, "fontwt"]]]]]]]] )

That allows you all sorts of options, but it's not inside Diablo II.

Edited by greenmachine

Obviously, this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but I know you can do it this way if you want:

Since Diablo II is going to be your active window (or at least, it would be if I did it), you can always press enter, and type in ! and your text to get an overhead message. Example:

$YourText = "This is a message."

Send ("{ENTER}") ; open chat thingy...

Send ("!" & $YourText)

Send ("{ENTER}") ; close chat, sending text to overhead bubble

This would send "This is a message." to the overhead bubble in DII. Of course, you could simplify those statements into one, but I split it up to show the steps.

EDIT -->

Also, this is a standard Diablo II font/size/color, so that's not it. But it is something.

ya i was going to be doing that but i need this message to stay on screen and i dont want other people in the game to see it.