Need exp. or direction w/ errors reported by Scite Au3 Check

Gene

Hi,

I'm getting errors from the Scite Beta au3 check that I don't understand. The Scite error log is pasted below. I have inserted a 5 or more line referenced code snippet below each error reported. Each snippet 2 lines before and 2 lines after the referenced line. I would appreciate some explanation or direction. I'm using beta .90 and the latest Scite updates posted today. I'm running Win2Kp with sp4.

>K:\Local\Prog\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe /beta /AU3Check /in "K:\_Documents\_Dev\Projects\ProcessScriptVariables\Vmuu.au3"

>Running AU3Check...K:\Local\Prog\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\Unstable\Au3Check\au3check.dat

K:\_Documents\_Dev\Projects\ProcessScriptVariables\Vmuu.au3(127,3) : ERROR: missing EndIf.

Next

^

For $i = 1 To $asLineArray[0]
    If _PrepLine4Processing($asLineArray[$i]) = 0 Then
        Next
    EndIf
    _ProcessLine4Vars($asLineArray[$i])

I tried the If, Then, Next statement above as a 1 liner and it didn't like that either.

K:\_Documents\_Dev\Projects\ProcessScriptVariables\Vmuu.au3(126,52) : REF: missing EndIf.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

;Process each element of the array for Vars, Macros, and UDF defines
        Next
    EndIf

K:\_Documents\_Dev\Projects\ProcessScriptVariables\Vmuu.au3(128,2) : ERROR: syntax error

EndIf

^

Next
    EndIf
    _ProcessLine4Macros($asLineArray[$i])

K:\_Documents\_Dev\Projects\ProcessScriptVariables\Vmuu.au3(4,22) : ERROR: _LogMessage(): undefined function.

_LogMessage(" Line 4")

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

#include <Array.au3>

_LogMessage(" Line 4")
$sTarget = ""
$sVarListFile = ""

Here is the UDF:

Func _LogMessage($sMsg)
    FileWrite(@ScriptDir & "\Action.LOG", @YEAR & "/" & @MON & "/" & @MDAY & " - " & @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC & $sMsg & @CRLF)
EndFunc  ;==>_LogMessage

K:\_Documents\_Dev\Projects\ProcessScriptVariables\Vmuu.au3(120,48) : ERROR: _LoadandSplitTargetFile(): undefined function.

$asLineArray = _LoadandSplitTargetFile($sTarget)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

;Open the target file and load it into an array.
_LogMessage(" About to load $asLineArray  Line 107")
$asLineArray = _LoadandSplitTargetFile($sTarget)
;_ArrayDisplay ( $asLineArray, "info. 106" )

This UDF is much longer, here are the first and last lines:

Func _LoadandSplitTargetFile($sFileTarget)
    Local $sTargetFile = ""

Return $asTargetLines
EndFunc  ;==>_LoadandSplitTargetFile

K:\_Documents\_Dev\Projects\ProcessScriptVariables\Vmuu.au3(126,42) : ERROR: _PrepLine4Processing(): undefined function.

If _PrepLine4Processing($asLineArray[$i])

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

;Process each element of the array for Vars, Macros, and UDF defines
        Next
    EndIf

This UDF is longer, BUT here it is:

Func _PrepLine4Processing($sLin2Parse)
    $sLin2Parse = StringReplace($sLin2Parse, @TAB, " ", 2000)
    $sLin2Parse = StringStripWS($sLin2Parse, 3)
    $sLin2Parse = StringReplace($sLin2Parse, "  ", " ", 2000)
    If $sLin2Parse = "" Then Return 0
    If StringLeft($sLin2Parse, 1 ) = ";" Or (StringLeft($sLin2Parse, 1 ) = "#" And StringLeft($sLin2Parse, 8 ) <> "#include") Then Return 0
    Return 1
EndFunc  ;==>_PrepLine4Processing

K:\_Documents\_Dev\Projects\ProcessScriptVariables\Vmuu.au3 - 5 error(s), 0 warning(s)

>AU3Check Ended with Error(s).

>Exit code: 0 Time: 0.853

Edit: Forgot a statement the 1st time around.

Edited by Gene

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

Alrighty... what version of SciTE? What version of AutoIt Beta?

I can answer your first inquiry, the rest I may be able to answer if I could repeat the errors.

Next
    EndIf

Would work more like the following.

ContinueLoop
    EndIf
Next

It has to have a Next at the end. The way IDE's work usually is "Beginning" statements and "End" statements. Next is an end. So it pops the error that it was looking for an EndIf not a Next.

Just my thoughts so far. I hope someone or I in the future will be able to help further.

Also quickly... are those UDF's included with #include or are they in the same file?

Thanks, and I hope I helped some,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

For the If EndIf statement it should look

For <Exp[b][/b]ression>
   If <Exp[b][/b]ression> Then
      ExitLoop
  ;Rest
   EndIf
Next

Everything should be fixed except for the functions. Make sure the functions to not resemble anyother function in your script or any command that autoit has. Duplicates do not work, also check proper spelling and also make sure the UDF is in the script that you are running, either at the END of the script or at the end in an #include <IncludeFile.au3> statement

Hope this helps.

AutoIt Smith

• Developers

Geez Gene... you like then lengthy ..don't you. B)

I'm getting errors from the Scite Beta au3 check that I don't understand. The Scite error log is pasted below. I have inserted a 5 or more line referenced code snippet below each error reported. Each snippet 2 lines before and 2 lines after the referenced line. I would appreciate some explanation or direction. I'm using beta .90 and the latest Scite updates posted today. I'm running Win2Kp with sp4.

>K:\Local\Prog\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe /beta /AU3Check /in "K:\_Documents\_Dev\Projects\ProcessScriptVariables\Vmuu.au3"

>Running AU3Check...K:\Local\Prog\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\Unstable\Au3Check\au3check.dat

K:\_Documents\_Dev\Projects\ProcessScriptVariables\Vmuu.au3(127,3) : ERROR: missing EndIf.

Next

^

Next
    EndIf

I tried the If, Then, Next statement above as a 1 liner and it didn't like that either.

I believe the syntax should look like this:

ContinueLoop
    EndIf
Next

As far as your other Undefined function errors: Are you sure you gave an #Include for those Scriptfiles containing these UDF's ?

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Alrighty... what version of SciTE? What version of AutoIt Beta?

I can answer your first inquiry, the rest I may be able to answer if I could repeat the errors.

Next
    EndIf

Would work more like the following.

ContinueLoop
    EndIf
Next

It has to have a Next at the end. The way IDE's work usually is "Beginning" statements and "End" statements. Next is an end. So it pops the error that it was looking for an EndIf not a Next.

Just my thoughts so far. I hope someone or I in the future will be able to help further.

Also quickly... are those UDF's included with #include or are they in the same file?

Thanks, and I hope I helped some,

JS

Thank you for the response.

I quote from the original post:

I have never used "ContinueLoop" before, on rereading (after a very long time), I see that it does what I was wanting to do, namely skip the rest of that pass through the For..Next loop.

All of the UDFs it complained about are in the script, the names are all unique too. I only use #Includes during development. As soon as I'm near satisfied with a script, I paste all the "official" UDFs into the script and delete the #include statements. That way, no matter what changes in the interim, the "official" UDFs won't break my script if I make changes later and need to recompile. Just as importantly my EXE doesn't carry the unnecessary burden of 3 to 5 #Includes, much of which aren't used.

Like Larry, I don't have much interest in developing it, but I do wish someone would develop a script to read a script and paste in all the referenced "official" UDFs and also delete the #Include statements. It would be great if it ran off the tools list in Scite.

Again, thanks for your response.

Gene

[font="Verdana"]Thanks for the response.Gene[/font]Yes, I know the punctuation is not right...

For the If EndIf statement it should look

For <Exp[b][/b]ression>
   If <Exp[b][/b]ression> Then
      ExitLoop
  ;Rest
   EndIf
Next

Everything should be fixed except for the functions. Make sure the functions to not resemble anyother function in your script or any command that autoit has. Duplicates do not work, also check proper spelling and also make sure the UDF is in the script that you are running, either at the END of the script or at the end in an #include <IncludeFile.au3> statement

Hope this helps.

AutoIt Smith

Thanks for your response.

Except for the ExitLoop part, all your suggestions were good.

ExitLoop woud have aborted the entire For..Next loop. I just wanted to increment $i and jump back to the top of the loop. @JS suggested ContinueLoop which I had not used before and hadn't looked at in a long time. It does what I wanted. I had already checked and rechecked the UDFs for the items you mentioned.

B)

Gene

Geez Gene... you like then lengthy ..don't you. :)

I believe the syntax should look like this:

ContinueLoop
    EndIf
Next

As far as your other Undefined function errors: Are you sure you gave an #Include for those Scriptfiles containing these UDF's ?

:o:graduated:

(Wry grin) No I don't really like them long, and I hate to type, but it often turns out that way.

Thanks for your response.

@JS already suggested Continue Loop

I quote my reply to @JS

I have never used "ContinueLoop" before, on rereading (after a very long time), I see that it does what I was wanting to do, namely skip the rest of that pass through the For..Next loop.

All the other "errors" disappeared last night immediately after I posted the the request for help when I changed the code to be as shown below. By then I was too blitzed to repost and I went to bed.

Original...

Next
    EndIf

As changed

_PrepLine4Processing($asLineArray[$i])

It appears that AU3Check never recovered from that syntactical error.

I quote my response to @JS as regards UDFs...

All of the UDFs it complained about are in the script, the names are all unique too. I only use #Includes during development. As soon as I'm near satisfied with a script, I paste all the referenced * "official" UDFs into the script and delete the #include statements. That way, no matter what changes in the interim, the "official" UDFs won't break my script if I make changes later and need to recompile. Just as importantly my EXE doesn't carry the unnecessary burden of 3 to 5 #Includes, much of which aren't used.

Like Larry, I don't have much interest in developing it, but I do wish someone would develop a script to read a script and paste in all the referenced "official" UDFs and also delete the #Include statements. It would be great if it ran off the tools list in Scite.

Note referenced I forgot to put that word in the post to @JS

Gene

Somewhat more B) now.

Thank you for the response.

I quote from the original post:

All of the UDFs it complained about are in the script, the names are all unique too. I only use #Includes during development. As soon as I'm near satisfied with a script, I paste all the "official" UDFs into the script and delete the #include statements. That way, no matter what changes in the interim, the "official" UDFs won't break my script if I make changes later and need to recompile. Just as importantly my EXE doesn't carry the unnecessary burden of 3 to 5 #Includes, much of which aren't used.

Again, thanks for your response.

Gene

My mistake as far as versions B). I must have skipped it and went straight to the problem. I normally have a bad tendancy to do that.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)