Running sysinternals tools directly from web

MattHiggs

Many of you may already be aware of this, as I only recently discovered this as a way to circumvent certain restrictions imposed by what shall be known as the dumb shit brigade, but I digress.  What sysinternals has technically done is they have created a "file share" that can be accessed by anyone, anywhere.  Opening a run prompt and running "\\live.sysinternals.com\tools" will bring up the file share directory with all of their tools, which you can then use to run those tools without ever having them touch your computer.  For example, say you wanted to develop an automatic os deployment system that begins after a fresh windows install loads the desktop, and you wanted to use "autologon" to autologon the running user.  You could simply include, as part of the SetupComplete.cmd file, the following line:

\\live.sysinternals.com\tools\Autologon.exe %USERNAME% %USERDOMAIN% %USERPASSWORD%

Also reduces the amount of code I have needed to write when utilizing sysinternal tools, which normally involved my downloading a zip, unzipping the zip, launching the app, then performing cleanup afterwards.