Windows 10 RunAs script problem

Traskiz

Hello,

I have a problem, I cant run script as administrator in Windows 10:

main.exe:

RegWrite('HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\BITS', 'EnableBITSMaxBandwidth','REG_DWORD',Number('1'))
RegWrite('HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\BITS', 'MaxTransferRateOnSchedule','REG_DWORD',Number('100'))
RegWrite('HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\BITS', 'MaxBandwidthValidFrom','REG_DWORD',Number('7'))
RegWrite('HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\BITS', 'MaxBandwidthValidTo','REG_DWORD',Number('22'))
RegWrite('HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\BITS', 'UseSystemMaximum','REG_DWORD',Number('1'))
RegWrite('HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\BITS', 'MaxTransferRateOffSchedule','REG_DWORD',Number('400'))

run.exe:

Global $sUserName = "administrator"
Global $sPassword = "pass"
Global $sDomain = "domain"
RunAsWait($sUserName, $sDomain, $sPassword, 2, "main.exe", "", @TempDir)

If I run "run.exe" it dont work...

If  I change main.exe to this:

msgbox(1,"",@username)        

and it runs and shows administrator in message box... but it cant elevate main.exe with RegWrite() command...

I tried using #RequireAdmin in first line of main.exe, but it not worked... UAC is set to "do not notify"

This method of elevation worked on Windows 7 and Windows XP...

Please help!

38 minutes ago, AutoBert said:

Compiled  main.exe as x64 runs without any changes on x64 OS. With the suggested changes from helpfile it runs on x86 and x64 OS.

I dont understand how to fix it. What i have to do? main.exe works when I log in with administrator, but I want to Elevate standart user to execute main.exe with run.exe, but that dont work...

6 minutes ago, AutoBert said:

Insert IsAdmin in main.au3 for checking the elevation is done.

main.exe:

If IsAdmin() Then
RegWrite('HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\BITS', 'EnableBITSMaxBandwidth','REG_DWORD',Number('1'))
RegWrite('HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\BITS', 'MaxTransferRateOnSchedule','REG_DWORD',Number('100'))
RegWrite('HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\BITS', 'MaxBandwidthValidFrom','REG_DWORD',Number('7'))
RegWrite('HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\BITS', 'MaxBandwidthValidTo','REG_DWORD',Number('22'))
RegWrite('HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\BITS', 'UseSystemMaximum','REG_DWORD',Number('1'))
RegWrite('HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\BITS', 'MaxTransferRateOffSchedule','REG_DWORD',Number('400'))
Else
MsgBox(1,"Error", "Admin rights needed")
EndIf

And I get message box :( what I do wrong?

disclaimer: not tested, will test when have time. but i noticed in your run.exe script you call RunAsWait with logon flag 2. this is used for accessing only network resources with the specified account, local resources - like the registry - are still accessed with the calling account. change logon flag to 0 or 1 and check.

Signature - my forum contributions:

Spoiler

UDF:

LFN - support for long file names (over 260 characters)

InputImpose - impose valid characters in an input control

TimeConvert - convert UTC to/from local time and/or reformat the string representation

AMF - accept multiple files from Windows Explorer context menu

DateDuration -  literal description of the difference between given dates

Apps:

Touch - set the "modified" timestamp of a file to current time

Show For Files - tray menu to show/hide files extensions, hidden & system files, and selection checkboxes

SPDiff - Single-Pane Text Diff

RunAsWait and RunAs does not give the Admin Token, and will not run a process with full admin rights.  It will only run the process under the context of the user with limited rights, even if they are an admin.  To your main.exe script,  add #RequireAdmin at the top and re-compile.  This will request elevation and the Admin Token when run by RunAsWait as the RunAs user.  There are quite few threads on this topic.  

Adam

12 hours ago, orbs said:

disclaimer: not tested, will test when have time. but i noticed in your run.exe script you call RunAsWait with logon flag 2. this is used for accessing only network resources with the specified account, local resources - like the registry - are still accessed with the calling account. change logon flag to 0 or 1 and check.

Tried all of logon flag...0,1,2 and 4...

11 hours ago, AdamUL said:

RunAsWait and RunAs does not give the Admin Token, and will not run a process with full admin rights.  It will only run the process under the context of the user with limited rights, even if they are an admin.  To your main.exe script,  add #RequireAdmin at the top and re-compile.  This will request elevation and the Admin Token when run by RunAsWait as the RunAs user.  There are quite few threads on this topic.  

Adam

As I said... I tied this:

20 hours ago, Traskiz said:

I tried using #RequireAdmin in first line of main.exe, but it not worked... UAC is set to "do not notify"

Please help... Maybe Windows dont let RunAs function? because of security or something ?

Sorry for missing that in your post.  My guess is that this is a UAC issue.  Since you have it turned off, its seems that the script cannot get the full admin rights to write to the reg keys.  I usually run with UAC enabled and ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin set to $UAC_ELEVATE_WITHOUT_PROMPTING.  Have a look at my UAC UDF for setting this setting.  

There is one other thing that you can try, without changing your UAC settings.  Add the following to the top of your main.exe script.  This should force Windows to run it with full admin rights.  Also, make sure that the RunAs user is in the local Administrators group or a group that is in that group.  

#pragma compile(ExecLevel, requireAdministrator)

Adam

• 1 year later...

While I know this is an old topic, it came up during a search for me, and this might prove useful to someone else: I kept getting an error 1 whenever I tried to launch an elevated cmd.exe using AutoIt's RunAs. The culprit was the working directory. I was using the script directory, but once I switched to "@TempDir", I was able to launch my elevated command prompt and run my programs as needed.