_WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture 0.92 build 2017-01-22

UEZ

I used additionally the $CAPTUREBLT value for the _WinAPI_BitBlt's last parameter ($iROP).

$CAPTUREBLT - Includes any window that are layered on top of your window in the resulting image

That saved me some headaches... ;)

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

Sorry that I missed your post.  I had been working on this reply:

My quick assessment is that it took adding a single flag that has the following definition:

CaptureBLT.PNG

No need to reply if that's the whole deal.

Thanks for the change!

Edited by qwert

• 3 months later...

Excellent work, @UEZ. This has helped me a lot. You don't by any chance know of a function that does the same thing as this function (returns a GDI bitmap handle) but takes coordinates as input parameters? More specifically; I'm trying to find a function like _WinAPI_MarkScreenRegionAndCapture, except that I can call it programmatically like  _ScreenCapture_Capture (x,y,width,height) and have it return a bitmap that includes layered windows, and letting me capture the areas of different monitors with different font scaling, without problems.

Btw, this is the first example that I've found where screen capturing different applications, across multiple screens with different font scaling/DPI ratio, worked without errors.

@DHL I can extend the function to accept also manual coordinates. I will post an update when it's done.

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

@DHL I've updated the code. Please test and reply if it works properly.

I've only tested it on my notebook yet.

Thank you so much, @UEZ. I've tested the updated function, with manual capturing activated, and everything works as expected. Awesome stuff.

Did my testing on Windows 10 Pro with two monitors having native resolutions of 2880x1800 (200% font scaling) and 2560x1440 (100% font scaling).