_SFTP_Open and saved sessions

tk1

Hello,

First, I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum for this question, I couldn't decide which one to put it in.  If it is wrong, please move it where it should be and let me know?

My question is about using _SFTP_Open in Lupo73's UDF SFTPEx.

From what I see in the UDF, _SFTP_Open will open a connection using a null session ($sPath & " -load null", ...).  I have a saved session that I want to use, but the function doesn't give me a way to feed it that saved session (without editing the UDF which I don't want to do).  Is there a way to use this UDF with a saved session?

Does anyone have experience using this in this way that has the answer?

Thanks in advance!

tk1

you don't haft to edit the UDF itself, rather you could just define a function within you own script, something like _SFTP_Open2 and just modify the one line to your need + the new parameter. Then just use the return with the normal UDF functions.

If you don't want to do this, i see very few ways to help you, other than hoping it will be added some day :)

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 2:41 PM, genius257 said:

...rather you could just define a function within you own script, something like _SFTP_Open2 and just modify the one line to your need + the new parameter...

I thought about doing this, and wanted to see if there was something I was missing and/or a better way --I hate re-inventing the wheel.  :)  I respect your input and getting your answer/insight helps.  Thank you!

tk1

Edited by tk1