WindowEx - Additional Window Statistics - Release: V0.4 - 10/04/2016

rcmaehl

A UDF with Extended Functions for Window Management

Notes:
Fixes WinGetClassList's barbaric returning of a @LF separated string instead of an array.

Potential Uses:
Automating applications that change their controls' handles/classes on each launch (e.g. half of Cisco's programs)

Functions:
_WinGetClassList
_WinGetClassNNList
_WindowGetHandleList
_WindowGetHandleListFromPos

Download: 
WindowEx.zip  (v0.4)

Changelog:

10/04/2016 (v0.4):

_WinGetClassNNList           Fixed  : Not Returning an Index when using $2D_ARRAY
  _WinGetClassNNList           Fixed  : Not Properly returning $aArray[x][1] on Classes with instances > 9 when using $2D_ARRAY

10/03/2016 (v0.3):

_WinGetClassList             Added  : Exactly the same as WinGetClassList but returns a more civilized Array
  _WinGetClassNNList           Added  : Returns Classes and their instances in either a 1D or 2D array depending on Flags
  _WindowGetHandleList         Renamed: _WinGetHandleList SCRIPT BREAKING!
  _WindowGetHandleListFromPos  Renamed: _WinGetHandleListFromPos SCRIPT BREAKING!

10/01/2016 (v0.2):

WindowsExConstants.au3       Added  : Flags in _WindowGetHandleListFromPos
  _WindowGetHandleListFromPos  Removed: ConsoleWrite left in during debug
  _WindowGetHandleListFromPos  Added  : Flag for if part of a Control is at $X, $Y return it as well.

10/01/2016 (v0.1):

_WindowGetHandleList         Added  : Retrieves the handles of classes from a window.
  _WindowGetHandleListFromPos  Added  : Retrieves the handles of classes at a specific position from a window.

Known and Reported Bugs:

None reported

To Do:

To Be Decided. Opinions welcome!

Upcoming Changes:

To Be Decided.
Edited by rcmaehl
Upload New Version

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11
Cisco FinesseGithubIRC UDFWindowEx UDF

Updated with WindowEx version v0.3

• Addition of _WinGetClassList which is basically WinGetClassList but easier to parse
  • Addition of _WinGetClassNNList which returns the Class plus each instance in a 1D or 2D array based on flags
  • Updated the 2 existing functions to follow UDF-spec. Rename the Window Prefix to Win to resolve any broken scripts
Edited by rcmaehl

My UDFs are generally for me. If they aren't updated for a while, it means I'm not using them myself. As soon as I start using them again, they'll get updated.

My Projects

WhyNotWin11

Updated with WindowEx Version v0.4

• Fixed _WinGetClassNNList not returning an index when using $2D_ARRAY
  • Fixed _WinGetClassNNList not properly returning $aArray[x][1] on Classes with instances > 9 when using $2D_ARRAY
Edited by rcmaehl

My Projects

WhyNotWin11