_Excel_BookOpenText wrong format?

Hey guys.

Don't know if I'm doing this wrong but it seems I have it correct something is just amiss. I'm thinking its my lack of experience in Excel that is the problem.

Trying to export a text file to Excel and everything works but the formatting is off on some data.

Here are two screen shots.

Before I stretch the column the Bin Number looks like this.

TMWkXJb.png

After I stretch it it looks like this.

GZG37nw.png

Now its still wrong because this is the data its suppose to be inputting.

Part Number|Part Description|Product Line|Bin Number|Count
1E-1041014|Label, Hazcom, Flooded, Med.|Deka|NA
1E-1041015|Label, Hazcom, Flooded, Lg.|Deka|NA
1E-1041017|Label, Hazcom, Agm/Gel, Med.|Deka|NA
1E-12214905|1/0 Thimble|NA|1E0302
1E-12214907|2/0 Thimble|NA|1E0303
1E-81214921|Cone, Single, Standard|NA|NA

And this is the section of the script doing the export.

Func _Export()
    Dim $ExportData[1][4]
    $ItemCount = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemCount($ListView)
    For $i = 0 To $ItemCount - 1
        $GetPartNumberText = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListView, $i)
        $GetPartDescriptionText = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListView, $i, 1)
        $GetPartProductLineText = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListView, $i, 2)
        $GetPartBinNumberText = _GUICtrlListView_GetItemText($ListView, $i, 3)
        _ArrayInsert($ExportData, $i, $GetPartNumberText & "|" & $GetPartDescriptionText & "|" & $GetPartProductLineText & "|" & $GetPartBinNumberText)
    Next
    _ArrayDelete($ExportData, $ItemCount)
    SplashTextOn("Exporting...", "Exporting... please wait...", 300, 50, Default, Default, 33)
    Local $oExcel = _Excel_Open()
    If @error Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Excel UDF: _Excel_BookOpenText Example", "Error creating the Excel application object." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
    FileDelete(@TempDir & "/Temp Part Database.txt")
    FileDelete(@ScriptDir & "/Temp Part Database.txt")
    _FileWriteFromArray(@TempDir & "/Temp Part Database.txt", $ExportData)
    _FileWriteToLine(@TempDir & "/Temp Part Database.txt", 1, "Part Number|Part Description|Product Line|Bin Number|Count")
    _FileWriteFromArray(@ScriptDir & "/Temp Part Database.txt", $ExportData)
    _FileWriteToLine(@ScriptDir & "/Temp Part Database.txt", 1, "Part Number|Part Description|Product Line|Bin Number|Count")
    Local $sTextFile = @TempDir & "/Temp Part Database.txt"
    FileOpen(@TempDir & "/Temp Part Database.txt")
    $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpenText($oExcel, $sTextFile, Default, $xlGeneralFormat, Default, Default, "|")
    If @error Then
        MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Excel UDF: _Excel_BookOpenText Example 1", "Error opening '" & $sTextFile & "'." & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
        Exit
    Else
    EndIf
    SplashOff()
EndFunc   ;==>_Export

Any takers? Thanks!

MCR.jpg?t=1286371579

Most recent sig. I made

Quick Launcher W/ Profiles Topic Movie Database Topic & Website | LiveStreamer Pro Website | YouTube Stand-Alone Playlist Manager: Topic | Weather Desktop Widget: Topic | Flash Memory Game: Topic | Volume Control With Mouse / iTunes Hotkeys: Topic | Weather program: Topic | Paws & Tales radio drama podcast mini-player: Topic | Quick Math Calculations: Topic

The format of the 4th column is probably set to General format, you should format it to Text format.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator