[SOLVED: basic COM help] Working on string returned from API, m'i doing this okey?

Hello, I try to pull some data from a webpage.

I need the value of local currency compared to the euro. I can go and open the required API page on the required date interval, read in from elsewhere, its format in the memory of the script is like this: 20161005 so YYYYMMDD.

The return string if I try to view the opened API's source code is simple, but if I use _IEBodyReadHTML, _IEDocReadHTML, _IEBodyReadText i get it back with a lot of html code (i guess, it looks like HTML, and one of them doesn't show any string in the MsgBox when I try to chechk it) about its color etc. I need dates and the corresponding currency exchange rates (these can be found between  <kozep>exchangerate</kozep>, but I need the first only after every month because the second is the avarage exchange rate of the month (i guessed this again).

Now I have an approach which will work evantually I guess, but I'm pretty sure its not the standard aproach or how the creators of autoit envisiond the useage of their functions :)

So I post my code here hoping, someone tells me how to do this simply and inteligently.

Sorry for such question but I only used regex for much, much simplier tasks. My approach is to identify everything I dont need basicly, after getting rid of a few key problematic chars (like " ) and do this untill I'm only left with what I need. THe problem with this if anything change in the envierment the script has like 99,9999% chance to not run properly, and I would like to handle this better, even if APIs usually don't change that much according to my knowladge.

Also I write this in a separat function for now, I will plan to call it from my other function which does different things with the corresponding excel files, among them is the calculation of local currency values of the bills with data from MNB (Hungarian National Bank or something)

Here is my code so far, and what its gives back, I will update this with the pic from the source code I see from internet explorer and the webpage I see. Thank you for your help and insight!

Func InternetRead()

;Create the URL for napiarfolyam API
#cs
http://api.napiarfolyam.hu/?bank=mnb&valuta=eur&datum=20160901&datumend=20160926
</penznem> után jön a használt árfolyam
Példa Return:
<item>
<bank>mnb</bank>
<datum>2016-09-06 11:25:18</datum>
<penznem>EUR</penznem>
<kozep>309.8500</kozep>
<kozep>310.1700</kozep>
</item>
#ce

;Global $MinTime ;20160601000000 these are example variables I read in, during the function that will call this one
;Global $MaxTime ;20160610000000

Local $URLbase = "http://api.napiarfolyam.hu/?bank=mnb&valuta=eur" ;view-source:
    ;Local $MinTimeFormated = StringTrimRight($MinTime, 6)
    ;Local $MaxTimeFormated = StringTrimRight($MaxTime, 6)
    Local $URL = $URLbase & ("&datum=" & "20160601" & "&datumend=" & "20160603" & "")
;20160603 $MinTimeFormated, $MaxTimeFormated
    MsgBox(64, "Értesítés", "URL:" & $URL & "")

Local $oIE = _IECreate($URL)
    Sleep(1000)
    Local $sHTML = _IEDocReadHTML($oIE)
    ;_IEBodyReadHTML - Is string but, MsgBox shows nothing
    ;_IEDocReadHTML - at least retunrs something (extra then what i see from thw source code, ctrl+u)
    ;_IEBodyReadText - at least retunrs something (extra then what i see from thw source code, ctrl+u)
    $sHTML = String($sHTML)
    If IsString($sHTML) Then
        MsgBox(64, "HTML String?", "The variable is a string")
    Else
        MsgBox(64, "HTML String?", "The variable is not a string")
    EndIf
    ;Variable is a String!
    ;StringSplit
;">datum</span>&gt;</a>" & "20160601"

Local $Stuff = Chr(34) ;The " char
    ;Local $Stuff2 = "<a xmlns=http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml class=collapse style=color: blue; marginleft: 2em; position: relative; href=#>&lt;<span style=color: rgb(153,0,0);>"
    Local $StringInput = $sHTML
    Local $sHTML = StringRegExpReplace($StringInput, "[-]", "")
    Local $sHTML = StringStripWS($StringInput, $STR_STRIPLEADING + $STR_STRIPTRAILING + $STR_STRIPSPACES)
    Local $sHTML = StringReplace($StringInput, $Stuff, "")
    ;Local $StringInput = $sHTML
    ;Local $sHTML = StringReplace($StringInput, $Stuff2, "")
    Local $ValutaPosition = StringInStr($StringInput, "</valuta>")
    Local $sHTML = StringTrimLeft($StringInput, $ValutaPosition+8)

;StringReplace($StringInput, "<a xmlns="http://"

;Local $StringInput = $sHTML
    ;StringInStr
    ;Local $sHTML = StringTrimLeft($StringInput, 1850)
    ;Local $aDays = StringSplit($sHTML, ">datum</span>&gt;</a>")
    ;_ArrayDisplay($aDays)
    ;If @error Then Exit MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "StringRegExpReplace Error", "Error listing:" & @CRLF & "@error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
    MsgBox(64, "HTML String?", "$sHTML:" & $sHTML)

EndFunc ;==>InternetRead

APIHTMLString.JPG

Edit:

Sorry for the long post and I hope I was able to write dowm my problem in a way that others can understand, pls ask anything if you don't.

Edited by SorryButImaNewbie

Hi.

First of all, the return seems to be XML, not HTML. The current return you get is HTML because IE tries to show you the return visually with styling in HTML.

I would advise not using IE. It's slower than just getting the return with something like InetGet. Also as mentioned it's not formatted by IE.

I've made a small example, showing one way to do it :)

$oHTTP = ObjCreate("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1")
$oHTTP.Open("GET", "http://api.napiarfolyam.hu/?bank=mnb&valuta=eur&datum=20160601&datumend=20160603", False)
$oHTTP.Send()
$sXML = $oHTTP.responseText
$oXML = ObjCreate("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
$oXML.loadXML( $sXML )
$oXML_Nodes = $oXML.SelectNodes("./arfolyamok/deviza/item")
For $i=0 To $oXML_Nodes.Length-1
    $oXML_Node = $oXML_Nodes.Item($i)
    $oXML_Node_Bank = $oXML_Node.SelectNodes("./bank")
    $oXML_Node_Bank = $oXML_Node_Bank.Length>0?$oXML_Node_Bank.Item(0).text:""
    $oXML_Node_Datum = $oXML_Node.SelectNodes("./datum")
    $oXML_Node_Datum = $oXML_Node_Datum.Length>0?$oXML_Node_Datum.Item(0).text:""
    $oXML_Node_Penznem = $oXML_Node.SelectNodes("./penznem")
    $oXML_Node_Penznem = $oXML_Node_Penznem.Length>0?$oXML_Node_Penznem.Item(0).text:""
    $oXML_Node_Kozeps = $oXML_Node.SelectNodes("./kozep")
    $oXML_Node_Kozep01 = $oXML_Node_Kozeps.Length>0?$oXML_Node_Kozeps.Item(0).text:""
    $oXML_Node_Kozep02 = $oXML_Node_Kozeps.Length>1?$oXML_Node_Kozeps.Item(1).text:""
    ConsoleWrite( "Match [" & StringFormat("%02i", $i+1) & "]:"&@CRLF& _
        @TAB&"Bank: "&@TAB&$oXML_Node_Bank&@CRLF& _
        @TAB&"Datum: "&@TAB&$oXML_Node_Datum&@CRLF& _
        @TAB&"Penznem: "&@TAB&$oXML_Node_Penznem&@CRLF& _
        @TAB&"Kozep01: "&@TAB&$oXML_Node_Kozep01&@CRLF& _
        @TAB&"Kozep02: "&@TAB&$oXML_Node_Kozep02&@CRLF _
    )
Next

Sources: DOM Reference, XPath Syntax and WinHttpRequest object

Let me know if you have questions, I'm happy to answer

Edited by genius257
Fixed code problems

Hmmm, this looks promising because it gets around IE, which is a big plus, didn't know that I can do it this way. Also I thought about my regEx problem a bit, and I think I can getter all 8 numbers, + the first char before the date usually, split them and order them into an array. The problem is that the exchange rate doesn't change every day necesseraly so I will have to keep that in mind.

Thank you genius257!

Edit: I'm really thankfull, but I'm only gona check this out tomorrow :D

21 hours ago, genius257 said:

Hi.

First of all, the return seems to be XML, not HTML. The current return you get is HTML because IE tries to show you the return visually with styling in HTML.

I would advise not using IE. It's slower than just getting the return with something like InetGet. Also as mentioned it's not formatted by IE.

I've made a small example, showing one way to do it :)

$oHTTP = ObjCreate("WinHttp.WinHttpRequest.5.1")
$oHTTP.Open("GET", "http://api.napiarfolyam.hu/?bank=mnb&valuta=eur&datum=20160601&datumend=20160603", False)
$oHTTP.Send()
$sXML = $oHTTP.responseText
$oXML = ObjCreate("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
$oXML.loadXML( $sXML )
$oXML_Nodes = $oXML.SelectNodes("./arfolyamok/deviza/item")
For $i=0 To $oXML_Nodes.Length-1
    $oXML_Node = $oXML_Nodes.Item($i)
    $oXML_Node_Bank = $oXML_Node.SelectNodes("./bank")
    $oXML_Node_Bank = $oXML_Node_Bank.Length>0?$oXML_Node_Bank.Item(0).text:""
    $oXML_Node_Datum = $oXML_Node.SelectNodes("./datum")
    $oXML_Node_Datum = $oXML_Node_Datum.Length>0?$oXML_Node_Datum.Item(0).text:""
    $oXML_Node_Penznem = $oXML_Node.SelectNodes("./penznem")
    $oXML_Node_Penznem = $oXML_Node_Penznem.Length>0?$oXML_Node_Penznem.Item(0).text:""
    $oXML_Node_Kozeps = $oXML_Node.SelectNodes("./kozep")
    $oXML_Node_Kozep01 = $oXML_Node_Kozeps.Length>0?$oXML_Node_Kozeps.Item(0).text:""
    $oXML_Node_Kozep02 = $oXML_Node_Kozeps.Length>1?$oXML_Node_Kozeps.Item(1).text:""
    ConsoleWrite( "Match [" & StringFormat("%02i", $i+1) & "]:"&@CRLF& _
        @TAB&"Bank: "&@TAB&$oXML_Node_Bank&@CRLF& _
        @TAB&"Datum: "&@TAB&$oXML_Node_Datum&@CRLF& _
        @TAB&"Penznem: "&@TAB&$oXML_Node_Penznem&@CRLF& _
        @TAB&"Kozep01: "&@TAB&$oXML_Node_Kozep01&@CRLF& _
        @TAB&"Kozep02: "&@TAB&$oXML_Node_Kozep02&@CRLF _
    )
Next

Sources: DOM Reference, XPath Syntax and WinHttpRequest object

Let me know if you have questions, I'm happy to answer

Okey, so let me respond again.

I never used COM objects before, and seeing your sources and some of aoutoits COM ref, I think its time to dwell in to it a little more. Your code run as it was intended, I thank you for it (my original idea of stripping away the useless bits was literally the longest and stupidest way to do it now, that I gave it a little thought :D I'm happy I stoped doing that :) ) I can just modify a bit and it will become part of the automatization (with a comment refering to you if its okey) and I start to learn a bit about COM just so I can use them in the future.

In this spirit I would like to ask, how will I refer to for exampe: Match [03]/Kozep01? value? Is there a variable I can call here?