Help with DLLCALL - Kernel32.dll

I'm attempting to call the winapi function EnumSystemFirmwareTables using DllCall "Kernel32.dll" without success. I am a total noob when it comes to this and could use some direction. Based on the documentation "Dealing with Dlls in AutoIt" by Andreas Karlsson, I have tried using the following code to obtain the buffersize of the Firmware Table Buffer.

Thanks in advance for any help

#include <WinAPI.au3>

MsgBox(0, "ESFT BufferSize", "BufferSize = " & _EnumSystemFirmwareTables())

Func _EnumSystemFirmwareTables()
    $aRet = DllCall ("Kernel32.dll", "UINT", "EnumSystemFirmwareTables", "DWORD", "ACPI", "PVOID" ,Null , "DWORD" ,Null)
    if @error Then
        MsgBox (0,"Error","An error ocurred with the DLLCALL, error returned = " & @error &@CRLF & "GetLastError =  " & _WinAPI_GetLastError ( ),0)
        Exit
    else
    Return $aRet
    endif
EndFunc

Hello. You need to convert the str to dword. and get the requiered size before get the firewaretable dword array.

Saludos

Thanks for the response I am still not understanding though. The following is from Microsoft's documentation

UINT WINAPI EnumSystemFirmwareTables(
  _In_  DWORD FirmwareTableProviderSignature,
  _Out_ PVOID pFirmwareTableBuffer,
  _In_  DWORD BufferSize
);

Parameters

FirmwareTableProviderSignature [in]

The identifier of the firmware table provider to which the query is to be directed. This parameter can be one of the following values.

Value Meaning
'ACPI' The ACPI firmware table provider.
'FIRM' The raw firmware table provider. Not supported for UEFI systems; use 'RSMB' instead.
'RSMB' The raw SMBIOS firmware table provider.

pFirmwareTableBuffer [out]

A pointer to a buffer that receives the list of firmware tables. If this parameter is NULL, the return value is the required buffer size.

Can you elaborate more on what 'str' I need to first convert?

Thanks

5 hours ago, Danyfirex said:

Hello. You need to convert the str to dword. and get the requiered size before get the firewaretable dword array.

That is true, but also the type "PVOID" need to be converted i think it's "ptr"

here's an example that works.

$aRet = DllCall ("Kernel32.dll", "UINT", "EnumSystemFirmwareTables", "DWORD", Dec(_StringToHex("ACPI")), "PTR", Null, "DWORD", Null)

Edit:

#include <Array.au3>
#include <String.au3>
#include <WinAPIDiag.au3>

$aRet = DllCall ("Kernel32.dll", "UINT", "EnumSystemFirmwareTables", "DWORD", Dec(_StringToHex("ACPI")), "PTR", Null, "DWORD", Null)
$tDWORD = DllStructCreate("DWORD["&($aRet[0]/4)&"]")
$aRet = DllCall ("Kernel32.dll", "UINT", "EnumSystemFirmwareTables", "DWORD", Dec(_StringToHex("ACPI")), "STRUCT*", $tDWORD, "DWORD", DllStructGetSize($tDWORD))
_ArrayDisplay($aRet)
_WinAPI_DisplayStruct($tDWORD, "DWORD["&($aRet[0]/4)&"]")

This is a more helpful snippet i would say. Looked into using the identifiers with "GetSystemFirmwareTable" but i had trouble finding the struct to use with "ACPI". Closest thing i found was this: FADT structure, but i am not even going to try with that unless I'm certain.

Edited by genius257

You're right @genius257

You can do something like this.

#include <Array.au3>

Local $aTables = _EnumSystemFirmwareTables("ACPI")
_ArrayDisplay($aTables)

Func _EnumSystemFirmwareTables($sSignature)
    Local $aTables[1] = [0]
    Local $aRet = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "uint", "EnumSystemFirmwareTables", "dword", _Signature($sSignature), "ptr", Null, "dword", 0)
    If @error Or Not $aRet[0] Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, $aTables)
    Local $iSize = $aRet[0]
    Local $iBound = $iSize / 4
    Local $tFirewareTable = DllStructCreate("dword[" & $iBound & "]")
    $aRet = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "uint", "EnumSystemFirmwareTables", "dword", _Signature($sSignature), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tFirewareTable), "dword", $iSize)
    ReDim $aTables[$iBound + 1]
    $aTables[0] = UBound($aTables) - 1
    For $i = 1 To UBound($aTables) - 1
        $aTables[$i] = DllStructGetData($tFirewareTable, 1, $i)
    Next

Return $aTables
EndFunc   ;==>_EnumSystemFirmwareTables

Func _Signature($sString)
    Return "0x" & Hex(Binary($sString))
EndFunc   ;==>_Signature

Saludos

So I confirmed the results returned are a list of the Signatures present by converting the returned data using BinaryToString ($aTables[$i]). My goal is to extract the digital product key stored in the MSDM firmware table. I followed the example to get the buffersize and then  set up a structure to match Microsoft's spec.  I'm reasonably certain I've got the buffersize but I haven't quite figured out how to extract the product key. 

Thanks

#include <Array.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <StringConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPIDiag.au3>

Local $aTables = _EnumSystemFirmwareTables("ACPI")
_ArrayDisplay($aTables)

Func _EnumSystemFirmwareTables($sSignature)
    Local $MSDM_FirmwareTable = "struct;CHAR Signature[4];UINT Length;BYTE Revision;BYTE Checksum;CHAR OemId[6];CHAR OemTableId[8];UINT OemRevision;CHAR CreatorId[4];UINT CreatorRevision;CHAR ProductKey[49];endstruct"
    Local $bTables[1] = [0]
    Local $bRet = 0
    Local $aTables[1] = [0]
    Local $aRet = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "uint", "EnumSystemFirmwareTables", "dword", _Signature($sSignature), "ptr", Null, "dword", 0)
    Local $iSize = $aRet[0]
    Local $iBound = $iSize / 4
    Local $tFirewareTable = DllStructCreate("dword[" & $iBound & "]")
    $aRet = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "uint", "EnumSystemFirmwareTables", "dword", _Signature($sSignature), "ptr", DllStructGetPtr($tFirewareTable), "dword", $iSize)
    ReDim $aTables[$iBound + 1]
    $aTables[0] = UBound($aTables) - 1
    For $i = 1 To UBound($aTables) - 1
        $aTables[$i] = DllStructGetData($tFirewareTable, 1, $i)
        $k = BinaryToString ($aTables[$i])
        msgbox (0,"", Hex($aTables[$i]) & " : " & $k ,1)
        if $k = "MSDM" Then
            $bRet = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "uint","GetSystemFirmwareTable", "dword", _Signature($sSignature), "dword", _Signature(StringReverse($k)), "ptr", Null, "dword", 0)
            if @error or Not $bRet[0] Then Return SetError(@error, @extended, $aTables)
            Local $jsize = $bRet[0]
            Local $jBound = $jsize / 4
            Local $tFirmwareTable = DllStructCreate($MSDM_FirmwareTable)
            $bTables = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "uint","GetSystemFirmwareTable", "dword", _Signature($sSignature), "dword", _Signature(StringReverse($k)), "ptr",DllStructGetptr ($tFirmwareTable), "dword", $jBound)
            $ProductKey = DllStructGetData ($tFirmwareTable, "ProductKey")
            MsgBox (0,"", $ProductKey,0)
            $tFirmwareTable = 0
            Return ($bTables)
        endif
    Next

Return $aTables
EndFunc   ;==>_EnumSystemFirmwareTables

Func _Signature($sString)
    Return "0x" & Hex(Binary($sString))
EndFunc   ;==>_Signature

I'm not sure if you're topic is breaking the rules, so I will not post  code till  moderator's judgment.

But you can check MSDN resource. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/Library/Windows/Hardware/dn653305(v=vs.85).aspx

Saludos

Thanks for the link however I get a file not found message when trying to download the whitepaper.

Are there any other resources you can suggest that would help me better understand the DLLStructCreate as well as pulling data from the structure? I do have a legitimate reason for extracting the data however if I'm in violation of breaking the rules then I'll 'cease and desist'.

Thanks