Handbrake CLI with Unicode Filenames

Greetings,

Using AutoIT I am trying to script some handbrake encoding but I'm running into an issue with file names which contain Unicode characters ( Win7 x64).

I am using FileFindNextFile to itterate through a directory for all the file names, then I build a batch file to do the actual rendering then wait for the bat to close using winexits.

EG:

When I come across a file like this with a Unicode character, the console window exits with an error with something like:

'n++' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

and handbrake itself sometimes give an error that it  can't read the file name if it gets that far.

Perhaps this is more of a DOS question than an AutoIT one but if there is something I could do to my code that would allow the  DOS box to process the file that would be awesome.

I'm not sure what I need to do to solve this problem. Could someone give me some pointers?
I'm trying to find a solution that does not rename the final file so as to not confuse my media center and other apps.

ExampleRenderFileScript_bat.txt

Thanks.

Maybe your DOS program will process Unicode filenames. If so switch the console to UTF8 (using the comand "chcp 65001") then pass Unicode (UTF8) to it. Write the .bat file in UTF8, of course.

This wonderful site allows debugging and testing regular expressions (many flavors available). An absolute must have in your bookmarks.
Another excellent RegExp tutorial. Don't forget downloading your copy of up-to-date pcretest.exe and pcregrep.exe here
RegExp tutorial: enough to get started
PCRE v8.33 regexp documentation latest available release and currently implemented in AutoIt beta.

SQLitespeed is another feature-rich premier SQLite manager (includes import/export). Well worth a try.
SQLite Expert (freeware Personal Edition or payware Pro version) is a very useful SQLite database manager.
An excellent eBook covering almost every aspect of SQLite3: a must-read for anyone doing serious work.
SQL tutorial (covers "generic" SQL, but most of it applies to SQLite as well)
A work-in-progress SQLite3 tutorial. Don't miss other LxyzTHW pages!
SQLite official website with full documentation (may be newer than the SQLite library that comes standard with AutoIt)

• 1 year later...