want to make script smaller

Hi  this is my  code :

Local $sFileRead = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 1)
  Local $sFileRead2 = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 2)
    Local $sFileRead3= FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 3)
      Local $sFileRead4 = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 4)

and 25 variable like this

I wrote it like this because I need each variable for specific event like this :

_GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat("Houres For 1 : "))
        _GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat($sFileRead))
_GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat("Houres For 2 : "))
_GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat($sFileRead2))

So i need to read each line from text file and put it in different variables
Sorry for my English I hope you understand what i mean :)

FileReadToArray and then just use the array elements instead of individual variables. If you don't know how to use arrays then go here to learn about them.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

17 minutes ago, BrewManNH said:

FileReadToArray and then just use the array elements instead of individual variables. If you don't know how to use arrays then go here to learn about them.

Thanks for your response  i actually  tried this before  but my try was very noob ...

$sFilePath = @ScriptDir & "/1.txt"
 ; Open the file for reading and store the handle to a variable.
    Local $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePath, $FO_READ)
Local $arr[3] =   [$sFileRead = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 1), $sFileRead = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 1), $sFileRead = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 1)]

For $i = 0 to 3 - 1 ; We have an array with three elements but the last index is two.
Next

Very difficult :(

I said to use FileReadToArray. 

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

#include <Array.au3>
#include <File.au3>
#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
#include <file.au3>
Example()

Func Example()
 Local $htry, $sFilePath = @ScriptDir & "/1.txt"
    Local $hFileOpen, $sFilePath = @ScriptDir & "/try.txt"

Local $sFileRead = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 1)
    Local $sFileRead2 = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 2)
    Local $sFileRead3 = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 3)
    Local $sFileRead4 = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 4)
    Local $sFileRead5 = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 5)
    Local $sFileRead6 = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 6)
    Local $sFileRead7 = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 7)
    Local $sFileRead8 = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 8)
    Local $sFileRead9 = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 9)
    Local $sFileRead10 = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 10)
    Local $sFileRead11 = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 11)
    Local $sFileRead12 = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 12)
    Local $sFileRead13 = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 13)
    Local $sFileRead14 = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 14)
    Local $sFileRead15 = FileReadLine($hFileOpen, 15)
    ; Create 1D array
    Local $aArray[] = [$sFileRead ,$sFileRead2,$sFileRead3,$sFileRead4]
    ; Write it to file
    _FileWriteFromArray($sFilePath, $aArray, Default, Default, @CRLF)
    Sleep(1000)

; Re-read it - with count
    _FileReadToArray($sFilePath, $hFileOpen)
    _ArrayDisplay($hFileOpen, "1D array - count", Default, 8)

; ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EndFunc   ;==>Example

maybe almost ...............

You seriously should just use FileReadToArray and dispense with all of the FileReadLine stuff, it is totally unnecessary.

I'm not sure how that is going over your head, but using FileReadLine over and over again to then write a file to be read by FRTA is bizarre to say the least. Also, you don't need _FileReadToArray, you should be using FileReadToArray

On 10/10/2016 at 5:28 PM, BrewManNH said:

You seriously should just use FileReadToArray and dispense with all of the FileReadLine stuff, it is totally unnecessary.

I'm not sure how that is going over your head, but using FileReadLine over and over again to then write a file to be read by FRTA is bizarre to say the least. Also, you don't need _FileReadToArray, you should be using FileReadToArray

After This Post :

https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/185030-read-date-from-menu/#comment-1328997

I learned a little about Arrays And I Created This code :

Local $aArray = FileReadToArray(@ScriptDir&"\Calc.txt")
    If @error Then
    Else
        For $i = 0 To UBound($aArray) - 1 ; Loop through the array.
; Read File To Array is Done
        ExitLoop
        Next

But My Problem Now is to Set This Array Values To ListBox :

_GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat("Houres For 1 : "))
_GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat("Houres For 2 : "))
_GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat($aArray[0])) ; This is my Try 
_GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat("Houres For 3 : "))
    _GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat($aArray[1]))
_GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat("Houres For 4 : "))
    _GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat($sFileRead4))
_GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat("Houres For 5 : "))
    _GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat($sFileRead5))
_GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat("Houres For 6 : "))
    _GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat($sFileRead6))

Should look something like this (untested)

If @error Then
    Else

_GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat($aArray[$i])) ; should look more like this

;~         ExitLoop  Dont exit loop unless there is an error handler
        Next

11 minutes ago, l3ill said:

Should look something like this (untested)

If @error Then
    Else

_GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat($aArray[$i])) ; should look more like this

;~         ExitLoop  Dont exit loop unless there is an error handler
        Next

Niiice It's worked ! 
But It extract Array Like This :

and i want it like This :

first day

second day

third day

fourth day

Try something like this

_GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, "Hours for: " & ($aArray[$i]))

Change "Hours For:" to anything you want.

First, Second etc will be more difficult to program, although there is probably a udf for it somewhere...

6 minutes ago, l3ill said:

I need an example of your calc.txt

and post your entire updated code please...

Finally Did it by Add another Array :

GUICreate("List Box Add String", 400, 296)
    $idListBox = GUICtrlCreateList("", 2, 2, 396, 296, BitOR($WS_BORDER, $WS_VSCROLL, $LBS_NOTIFY, $LBS_DISABLENOSCROLL, $WS_HSCROLL))
        GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
    Local $aArray2 = FileReadToArray(@ScriptDir&"\try.txt")

For $i = 0 To UBound($aArray2) - 1 ; Loop through the array.

Next

If @error Then
    Else

_GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, StringFormat($aArray2[$i])) ; should look more like this

Ty Very Much For Help Finally my Script is clean now :)

5 minutes ago, l3ill said:

Try something like this

_GUICtrlListBox_AddString($idListBox, "Hours for: " & ($aArray[$i]))

Change "Hours For:" to anything you want.

First, Second etc will be more difficult to program, although there is probably a udf for it somewhere...

Nice Idea :)