Run Command Line using switches

Hello everyone, I am  new to Autoit and I am trying to figure out how to run a command

The command I run in the CMD manually is:

C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\maconfig.exe -custom -prop1 "Test123" 

I am trying to converting that to Autoit and no success :( . I tried use the Run command and ShellExecute

$CustomProps1 Run(@comspec & ' /c "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\maconfig.exe" & "-custom" & "-prop1" & "Test123")

or 

$CustomProps1 Run(@comspec & ' /c "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\maconfig.exe -custom -prop1" & "Test123")

or

$CustomProps1 Run("maconfig.exe -custom -prop1 "$KeyValue"", "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent", @SW_HIDE)

I kind gave up on the ShellExucte command

Please any help

Edited by cesinha87

Hello everyone, I am  new to Autoit and I am trying to figure out how to run a command

I am trying to converting that to Autoit and no success :( . I tried different ways and didn't work, I will paste everything that I have tried , Please let me know the right way

$CustomProps1 Run(@comspec & ' /c "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\maconfig.exe" & "-custom" & "-prop1" & "Test123")

or 

$CustomProps1 Run(@comspec & ' /c "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\maconfig.exe -custom -prop1" & "Test123")

or

$CustomProps1 Run(@comspec & ' /c "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\maconfig.exe" -custom -prop1 ' & "Test123")

or

$CustomProps1 Run("maconfig.exe -custom -prop1 "$KeyValue"", "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent", @SW_HIDE)

Please any help

I am trying to converting that to Autoit and no success :( . I tried different ways and didn't work, I will paste everything that I have tried , Please let me know the right way

or 

or

$CustomProps1 Run(@comspec & ' /c "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\maconfig.exe" -custom -prop1 ' & "Test123")

or

Please any help

• Moderators

Personally, I find ShellExecute easier to read (personal preference). I would do something like this:

Local $customProps1 = @ProgramFilesDir & "\McAfee\Agent\maconfig.exe"
ShellExecute($customProps1, '-custom -prop1 "Test123"')

Or you could stick with a one-liner using Run:

Run(@ProgramFilesDir & '\McAfee\Agent\maconfig.exe -custom -prop1 "Test123"')

If, as you have it, you want to run in the command line, I would suggest changing your /c to /k so the window stays open. This is also helpful for troubleshooting syntax errors.

Edit: I also merged your topics. Please stick to one in the future.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Alright I had to modified in order to work. When I ran your command it attempt to run maconfig under Program Files (x86) and error prompt. Here what I ran and worked

Local $customProps1 = "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\maconfig.exe"
ShellExecute($customProps1, '-custom -prop1 & "Test123"')

Here is what I am trying to accomplish. I running a Regread command before and storing on $keyvalue then I want to want the maconfig.exe in silent mode (no prompt) with the registry key value

Local $keyvalue = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE64\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Deployment 4", "Role")
;MsgBox(0, "", "@error = " & @error)
;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Role", $keyvalue)

Local $customProps1 = "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent\maconfig.exe"
ShellExecute($customProps1, '-custom -prop1 & $keyvalue ')

It didn't work

How can I replace "test123" for the $keyvalue 

Edited by cesinha87

Ok...I believe I am almost there, I just can't pass the $keyvalue in the ShellExecute command. Please help

Local $keyvalue = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE64\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Deployment 4", "Role")
;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Role", $keyvalue)

Local $customProps1 = "C:\Program Files\McAfee\Agent"
ShellExecute($customProps1 & "\maconfig.exe", '-custom -prop1 $keyvalue', "", "", @SW_HIDE)
ShellExecute ($customProps1 & "\cmdagent.exe", '-p', "", "", @SW_HIDE)

Edited by cesinha87

• Moderators

You have to do it with the & symbol to add your variable, like so:

ShellExecute($customProps1 & "\maconfig.exe", '-custom -prop1 ' & $keyvalue, "", "", @SW_HIDE)

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

I think I now why it's not working. They result of $keyvalue is a plain text and in order for the command to work the switches need to be - custom -prop1 "$keyvalue"

Question. How can I have the result of $keyvalue and add between the quotes?

Your way is cleaner they way I did :) . Here is what I did and it worked

Local $installroot = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE64\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\McAfee\Agent", "InstallRoot")
;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Directory is", $installroot)

Local $keyvalue = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE64\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Deployment 4", "THD Role")
;MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "THD Role", $keyvalue)

Local $customProps1 = $installroot
ShellExecute($customProps1 & "maconfig.exe", '-custom -prop1 ' & '"' & $keyvalue & '"', "", "", @SW_HIDE)
ShellExecute ($customProps1 & "cmdagent.exe", '-p', "", "", @SW_HIDE)

Thank you all for the help, could not have done without your guys help