Copy text from Command Prompt

DigDeep

Hi,

I think I am doing something wrong here to add the '$Command' variable.

Everytime I run this it gives me message: C:\Windows\SysWoW64\manage-bde.exe is not recognized.

Can someone please help me in arranging the below $Status.

$Command = @SystemDir & '\manage-bde.exe -status c:'

$Status = Run(@ComSpec & ' /c "' & $Command, "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED)

ProcessWaitClose($Status)

$output = StdoutRead($Status)

MsgBox(0, "Status", $output)

Is the process you are trying to run located in C:\windows\Syswow64?  Or is it located in system32?  Try checking to see if you are compiling the application as a x86 or x64 application.  The SysWow64 folder is the Windows System folder (system directory) for 32-bit files, while System32 is the Windows System folder (system directory) for 64-bit files.  Try compiling the exe as a 64-bit application and see if the error occurs again.

Edited by MattHiggs

@MattHiggs

This is something I had already tested to compile in the 64 bit and it does work there but compiling with 32 bit is not. Sorry for not providing this update above.

However, I have too many codes running as of now which are all compiled as 32-bit and they have been assigned like the below example with no issues.

The above code is the only 1 which only runs when compiling with @SystemDir_Path instead of $SystemDir_Path and compiling as 64-bit.

Select
    Case @OSArch = "x86"
        $SystemDir_path = @SystemDir
    Case @OSArch = 'x64'
        $SystemDir_path = 'c:\windows\sysWOW64'
EndSelect

$Command = $SystemDir_path & '\commandline to run'
RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c "' & $Command & '" additional commandlines needed', "", @SW_HIDE)

Appreciate if you can look into this once.

I see what is the issue here now...

all my other codes are working fine because msiexec is a part of both system32 and syswo64 so the below variable works out.

$SystemDir_path

But my Top command is looking for 'manage-bde.exe' which is only in system32 folder so the above variable is not working.

Can you please help in arranging the below code. I have tried to re-arrange it... and the 1st MsgBox does show the @Comspec as C:\Windows\System32

But the final MsgBox comes up blank.

$Command = 'manage-bde'

$Status = RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c "' & $Command & '"  -status C:', "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED)

MsgBox(0, "", @ComSpec & ' /c "' & $Command & '"  -status C:')

When in the command prompt it should look like this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>managebde.exe -status c:

2 hours ago, DigDeep said:

I see what is the issue here now...

all my other codes are working fine because msiexec is a part of both system32 and syswo64 so the below variable works out.

$SystemDir_path

But my Top command is looking for 'manage-bde.exe' which is only in system32 folder so the above variable is not working.

Can you please help in arranging the below code. I have tried to re-arrange it... and the 1st MsgBox does show the @Comspec as C:\Windows\System32

But the final MsgBox comes up blank.

$Command = 'manage-bde'

$Status = RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c "' & $Command & '"  -status C:', "", @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_MERGED)

MsgBox(0, "", @ComSpec & ' /c "' & $Command & '"  -status C:')

When in the command prompt it should look like this:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>managebde.exe -status c:

I think you might be misunderstanding something as well.  Initially you were using the "@systemDir" macro as the value for the system directory.  This macro will be set to equal either (on a 64 bit machine) "C:\Windows\Syswow64" if compiled as a 32-bit application, or "C:\Windows\system32" if compiled as a 64-bit application.  There is no need for you to specifically define the paths like you did in your script, as the "@SystemDir" macro does this for you depending on how you compile the script.  Does that make since?