Autoit for Excel

Ilounah

Im sorry last time I login i use my mobile phone, and opera mini browser does not support the text input.

Well back to my concern im working on restaurant and all item sold are punch in POS and by the end of the day, we extract the sold item and format it to a excel file, and we start to input it manually to another excel file for our daily inventory consumption.

Possible to use Autoit to find the item on the column "A" and if the item was ordered, then it will get the value next column "B" for how many items sold. then transfer the value to other file for the consumption report column "C"

like:

File excel 1

A                             B

PRODUCT            QUANTITY

1. ASADO PAO            5              (if Asado pao is present on the column A then copy the value of column B)

2.BOLA PAO                3

3. TAIPAO                    4  

file excel 2

Daily Inventory

A                          B

Product      Consumption

1. Asado pao              5

We do it manually we print the file excel 1 then manual input on the file excel 2, we consume time and print and sometimes wrong input. So if this is possible can you lead me where to start and im happy to use google see some example there and make a try and error thanks guys.

AutoIt comes with an Excel UDF. A lot of examples plus the wiki describe how to use. 

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

10 hours ago, 232showtime said:

did you try to use excel formula? like Vlookup and if condition, and data validation?

Thank you for the info  <3 it was working fine now its working on what i want, but do you have any idea how can i get the value or update the value without opening the source excel file in short i can get the value without opening the booksheet or the file?

Do you mean: without "visibly" open the workbook?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

11 hours ago, water said:

Do you mean: without "visibly" open the workbook?

Yes just the pathway, because I close the workbook with vlookup, try to change the value of the cell of the source workbook and close it. And I assume that the value with the vlookup will be changed to but after i open it was not changed it only changed if the source workbook was opened again.

You need to click enable content to update the values in vlookup, check the attached pictures.

Datasource and vlookup included for sample

Source.xlsx

VlookUp.xlsx

sample1.jpg

Edited by 232showtime
edit: and like water said you can check the help file for automating excel.

ill get to that... i still need to learn and understand a lot of codes graduated.gif

Correct answer, learn to walk before you take on that marathon.