Deleted Due To Troll

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@iAmNewbe - Interesting project, but I see you have fallen for the trap that some do, with the AutoIt name. AutoIt stands for 'automate it'. The 'It' at the end does NOT stand for IT, as in IT department. Hopefully you will now change your title, to lessen the spread of misinformation. :)

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

1 hour ago, TheSaint said:

@iAmNewbe - Interesting project, but I see you have fallen for the trap that some do, with the AutoIt name. AutoIt stands for 'automate it'. The 'It' at the end does NOT stand for IT, as in IT department. Hopefully you will now change your title, to lessen the spread of misinformation. :)

That is how I read it also.  It is not IT as in Information Technology. You are Automating IT.. the it is whatever and in this case is a Slot Machine Game rewritten entirely in the language AutoIt.   I prefer the way I wrote the name of the game, versus the language name AutoIt  I like both capitols at the end. It's how I prefer IT and since I am the one who wrote the code albeit porting from another language I can name how I choose.  Thanks for your response.

I'm not gonna argue with you, but at the end of the day it is down to how others interpret it, and IT in capitals when all else is proper case, says IT (Information technology). The fact that it is tied to the name AutoIt at the AutoIt forum, also speaks volumes. You are free however, to do as you like.

No-one is going to look at your title and think - Automating It Slot Machine Game Project

They are going to think as I did, a Slot Machine Game Project made in AutoIt .... only it is AutoIT and not AutoIt ... so misleading.

Anyway, I spoke up to educate.

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

A troll Bilbo? Where? :blink:

All I've seen is a Dummy Spit by someone who cannot handle a name critique/suggestion ... even though it was tempered by

On 20/1/2017 at 6:20 PM, TheSaint said:

You are free however, to do as you like.

Trolls don't usually come with an MVP badge ... and they generally say and do nasty things ... not give out advice. ;)

Deleting/erasing key posts is also heavily frowned upon in this neck of the woods ... last I heard. :wacko:

And after I gave some more limelight to your topic by bumping it a couple of times. :'(

P.S. Henny Penny the sky is falling! :lol:

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

• Jos locked this topic