Sign in to follow this  
mond1106

help loop parameter

how do I break the loop if my program is stuck in it without exiting the whole program?

i just want it to start from the beginning of the code here is my program

While 1

$picture = "target.png"

$result = _ImageSearch($picture,1,$x1,$y1,0,0)

If $result = 1 Then

Send("{4}")
   MouseClick("left",$x1,$y1,1,1)
   Sleep(2000)

Do
   $picture2 = "status.png"
   $result2 = _ImageSearch($picture2,1,$x1,$y1,0,0)

Send("{2}")
   Send("{1}")

Until $result2 = 1

as you see if my program doesnt detect  or see picture2 then the loop wont stop.

I would do so by creating a global variable which is evaluated to see if the loop should continue and use a hotkey to set the global variables value.  Something like this.

Global $bEsc = False    ;Define Global "state" Variable

HotKeySet("{esc}", "_Esc")  ;Set HotKey to Run _Esc function when Esc key is pressed

;....

Do
    If $bEsc = True Then    ;At beginning of loop check $bEsc value and If True act on it
        $bEsc = False   ;Reset $bEsc value
        ExitLoop        ;Exit Loop
    EndIf
Until ;...you get the idea?

Func _Esc()     ;Function to set $bEsc value to True
    $bEsc = True
EndFunc

3 hours ago, spudw2k said:

I would do so by creating a global variable which is evaluated to see if the loop should continue and use a hotkey to set the global variables value.  Something like this.

Global $bEsc = False    ;Define Global "state" Variable

HotKeySet("{esc}", "_Esc")  ;Set HotKey to Run _Esc function when Esc key is pressed

;....

Do
    If $bEsc = True Then    ;At beginning of loop check $bEsc value and If True act on it
        $bEsc = False   ;Reset $bEsc value
        ExitLoop        ;Exit Loop
    EndIf
Until ;...you get the idea?

Func _Esc()     ;Function to set $bEsc value to True
    $bEsc = True
EndFunc

Hi is there a way that my program can automatically checked if its stuck in the loop?

You'd have to define some sort of condition of what stuck means: been looping for so long? looped x many times?

I'd say a timer is a reasonable way to go, but like I said, it's up to you to define a threshold that would mean stuck to you.

;More pseudo-code

;Create timer outside of loop
Local $hTimer = TimerInit()

;Inside of Loop
Do
    If TimerDiff($hTimer) > 30000 Then   ;<- Timer measured in milliseconds - 30 seconds X 1000 milliseconds = 30,000 milliseconds
        $hTimer = TimerInit()   ;Reset Timer
        ;do stuff
    EndIf
Until 0=1 ;something

5 hours ago, spudw2k said:

You'd have to define some sort of condition of what stuck means: been looping for so long? looped x many times?

I'd say a timer is a reasonable way to go, but like I said, it's up to you to define a threshold that would mean stuck to you.

;More pseudo-code

;Create timer outside of loop
Local $hTimer = TimerInit()

;Inside of Loop
Do
    If TimerDiff($hTimer) > 30000 Then   ;<- Timer measured in milliseconds - 30 seconds X 1000 milliseconds = 30,000 milliseconds
        $hTimer = TimerInit()   ;Reset Timer
        ;do stuff
    EndIf
Until 0=1 ;something

I think this timer would do the trick thank you. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By ThePoro
      Hi everyone.
      I want to ask about this : 
      I want it runs from 1 to 100 and It opens 10 firefox profiles then access youtube. After I close a firefox window, the loop runs and wait for another window close until loop ends
      I have a loop like this.
      Func launch() Local $from = Int(GUICtrlRead($input1)) Local $to = Int(GUICtrlRead($input2)) If $to <> "" Then While $from <= $to Local $profile = $to _RunDos("start firefox.exe -p " & $profile & " -no-remote youtube.com") $to=$to+1 WEnd Else Local $profile = $to _RunDos("start firefox.exe -p " & $profile & " -no-remote youtube.com") EndIf EndFunc Is there any solution?
      Thank you!
    • By Rhidlor
      First off, the project I'm working on revolves around AS/400 "Client Access software", it's foundation is directly influenced by the thread linked at the bottom of this post. Moving on, to explain the problem I'm facing; my project utilizes an infinite While loop and automatically performs semi-hard coded monotonous tasks to save users time and effort, the problem is, occasionally and unexpectedly "Display Messages" will popup and the core script will continue executing instead of dismissing said message and the script "breaks". As a countermeasure I've added some code to the While loop in an effort to intervene and dismiss these display messages before the core script has a chance to do anything... however it doesn't work. I hope I didn't do too bad of a job explaining that. 
      So I think my question is: How can I temporarily "pause" the core script when these messages spontaneously appear?
      The only other solution I thought of would be to check if a display message has appeared before executing every line of code but that obviously isn't very practical.
      Any and all help is greatly appreciated!
      Thanks

;Loop to keep script running and handle display messages While 1 dismiss_display_messages() Sleep(50) WEnd ;Function to dismiss display messages Func dismiss_display_messages() If $ps.SearchText("Display Messages") Then $ps.SendKeys("[enter]", 8, 1) ;This while loop waits until the display message has disappeared to resume the core script While $ps.SearchText("Display Messages") Sleep(100) WEnd EndIf EndFunc  

• By UGH
      Autoit team are assbags.    They want to hold out that they are soooo much smarter than everyone else and they really don't want to help anyone with their questions.   In that case then why have a website.   Oh i know, they get their kicks out of laughing at everyone. 

• By XinYoung
      Hello all,
      Preface: Column A is full of courses. Column B is full of usernames. If course (A1) exists, we check to see if username (B1) is enrolled. If user is found, the user is un-enrolled. Then Loop.
      I am working on a script that loops through an Excel file and pastes the content from A1 into a textbox in IE, does some stuff, then pastes the content from B1 into a different textbox. Then it loops around until all used rows in columns A and B have been accounted for.
      For some reason, column A loops properly but column B doesn't. B1 is pasted over and over again. So, as it loops, B1 is constantly being pasted, first accompanying A1's loop, then A2, and so on.
      The OpenExcel() func opens the Excel file the user specifies in an earlier function. It's supposed to gather the entire used range of columns A and B. The SearchCourse() func only uses column A, pasting its content into a Search tool in IE. This seems to be working fine. SearchResult() puts "Course Not Found" into column C if the search fails. If the search is successful, however, we move onto... EnterCourse(). This simply gets us to the place where column B's content comes into play. UnenrollNow(). Here, we paste the variable $_userName into a textbox. I don't know why it's always B1  Func OpenExcel() If Not WinExists($hWnd) Then MsgBox(16, "Window closed", "The Internet Explorer window was closed. Please start over.") _Exit() Else $oExcel = _Excel_Open() Global $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $ChosenFileName, Default, True, True) $oExcel.Sheets("CopyCourses").Activate ;~ Get all used cells in columns A and B $aSearchItems = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, 1, $oWorkbook.Sheets("CopyCourses").Usedrange.Columns("A:B")) ;~ Create the $aSearchResult array ReDim $aSearchResult[UBound($aSearchItems)] ;~ Loop through the array starting at 0 until the end of the array which is (Ubound($aSearchItems) - 1) For $i = 0 To UBound($aSearchItems) - 1 ;~ Column 0 ConsoleWrite($aSearchItems[$i][0] & @CRLF) ;~ Column 1 ConsoleWrite($aSearchItems[$i][1] & @CRLF) $aSearchResult[$i] = SearchCourse($aSearchItems[$i][0], $aSearchItems[$i][1]) Next _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") ;~ When the loop is complete, run the Finished function. Finished() EndIf EndFunc ;==>OpenExcel Func SearchCourse($_sSearchResult, $_userName) If Not WinExists($hWnd) Then MsgBox(16, "Window closed", "The Internet Explorer window was closed. Please start over.") _Exit() Else _IENavigate($oIE, $urlBBCourseSearch) _IELoadWait($oIE) Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "courseManagerFormSearch") Local $oSearchString = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "courseInfoSearchText") _IEFormElementSetValue($oSearchString, $_sSearchResult) _IEFormSubmit($oForm) _IELoadWait($oIE) Local $oBBTable = _IETableGetCollection($oIE, 2) $aBBTableData = _IETableWriteToArray($oBBTable) Return SearchResult() EndIf EndFunc ;==>SearchCourse Func SearchResult() If Not WinExists($hWnd) Then MsgBox(16, "Window closed", "The Internet Explorer window was closed. Please start over.") _Exit() Else Local $sResult $iSearchIndex = _ArraySearch($aBBTableData, "Course ID", 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0) If $iSearchIndex = -1 Then $sResult = "Course Not Found" _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") Else EnterCourse() $sResult = "UnEnrolled!" _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") EndIf Return $sResult EndIf EndFunc ;==>SearchResult Func EnterCourse() If Not WinExists($hWnd) Then MsgBox(16, "Window closed", "The Internet Explorer window was closed. Please start over.") _Exit() Else Local $clickFail = "DATE CREATED" _IELinkClickByIndex($oIE, 34) _IELoadWait($oIE) $sourceCode = _IEBodyReadHTML($oIE) If StringInStr($sourceCode, $clickFail) <> 0 Then _IELinkClickByIndex($oIE, 35) _IELoadWait($oIE) EndIf $oLink = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "controlpanel.users.and.groups_groupExpanderLink") _IEAction($oLink, "click") Sleep(500) _IELinkClickByText($oIE, "Users") _IELoadWait($oIE) $aSearchResult[$i] = UnenrollNow($aSearchItems[$i][0], $aSearchItems[$i][1]) EndIf EndFunc ;==>EnterCourse Func UnenrollNow($_sourceCourseId, $_userName) If Not WinExists($hWnd) Then MsgBox(16, "Window closed", "The Internet Explorer window was closed. Please start over.") _Exit() Else Local $UserError = "No users found" Local $sResult $criteriaUsername = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "userInfoSearchKeyString") _IEFormElementOptionSelect($criteriaUsername, 0, 1, 'byIndex') $criteriaUsername = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "userInfoSearchOperatorString") _IEFormElementOptionSelect($criteriaUsername, 0, 1, 'byIndex') ;Paste whats copied from column B into the Username text box. Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "userManagerSearchForm") Local $oSearchString = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "userInfoSearchText") ;PROBLEM HERE... _IEFormElementSetValue($oSearchString, $_userName) ;^^^^^^ WHY IS $_userName ALWAYS B1 ??? Sleep(1000) _IEFormSubmit($oForm) _IELoadWait($oIE) $sourceCode = _IEBodyReadHTML($oIE) If StringInStr($sourceCode, $UserError) <> 0 Then $sResult = "User Not Found" _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") Return $sResult Else MsgBox(0, "Unenrollment READY!", "We're ready to unenroll foreal") $sResult = "DUN" _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") Return $sResult EndIf EndIf EndFunc ;==>UnenrollNow Please let me know if any further information is needed.
      If you see other problems or redundancies in my code, please let me know.
      Thank you!

• By XinYoung
      HI! ... this is a big one (at least for me) 
      You guys previously helped me copy the used range in column A and paste them into a Website one at a time in a loop. Cool! Now, for another function, I have 2 columns, A and B, and two input boxes in the Website. I'm having a hard time replicating the loop for the 2 columns. 
      This is how I'm opening the Excel workbook (copied from the previous function that only had 1 column). I need to also get the used range in column B.
      Func OpenExcelForCopy() Global $aBBTableData Global $oExcel = _Excel_Open() Global $oWorkbook = _Excel_BookOpen($oExcel, $ChosenFileName, Default, True, True) $oExcel.Sheets("CopyCourses").Activate ;~ Get all used cells in column A:A Global $aSearchItems = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, 1, $oWorkbook.Sheets("CopyCourses").Usedrange.Columns("A:A")) ;~ Duplicate the $aSearchItems Array Global $aSearchResult = $aSearchItems ;~ Loop through the array starting at 0 until the end of the array which is (Ubound($aSearchItems) - 1) For $i = 0 To UBound($aSearchItems) - 1 $aSearchResult[$i] = SearchCourseForCopy($aSearchItems[$i]) Next _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") Finished() EndFunc ;==>OpenExcelForCopy Then we eventually get here. I don't think anything needs to change here but I'm not sure. This is where I paste the data from Column A into an input field (which is a search tool in a website). If the search is good, then we get to the tricky part...
      ;~ OK, we logged in and we searched for a course. Lets COPY it! Func CopyCourseBegin() Local $sResult $iSearchIndex = _ArraySearch($aBBTableData, "Course ID", 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0) ;~ If the course was not found, do this. If $iSearchIndex = -1 Then ;~ MsgBox(4096, "Search Error", "Item not found") $sResult = "Source Not Found" _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") ;~ Now go back to the Excel sheet and search for the next one. ;~ If the course was found, begin the COPY process. Else For $i = 0 To UBound($aSearchItems) - 1 $aSearchResult[$i] = CopyCourseNow($aSearchItems[$i]) Next $sResult = "Copied" _Excel_RangeWrite($oWorkbook, Default, $aSearchResult, "C1") EndIf Return $sResult EndFunc ;==>CopyCourseBegin This is the "tricky part" where I'm confused. I can copy and paste what's in column A just fine, but I can't manage to replicate it for column B. I need to paste whats in Column B into "destinationCourseId"
      ;~ The course search was successful. COPY the course now. Func CopyCourseNow($_sSearchResult) ;~ Navigate to the course copy page. _IENavigate($oIE, $urlBBCourseCopy) ;~ Copy the SOURCE course ID from the Excel sheet ;~ Paste whats copied from column A into the Source Course ID text box Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "selectCourse") Local $oSearchString = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "sourceCourseId") _IEFormElementSetValue($oSearchString, $_sSearchResult) ;~ Paste whats copied from column B into the Destination Course ID text box ?!?!?!?! Local $oForm = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "selectCourse") Local $oSearchString = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "destinationCourseId") _IEFormElementSetValue($oSearchString, $_sSearchResult) ;~ Just exit cause im stuck :( _Exit() EndFunc ;==>CopyCourseNow After I paste the data from column A into "sourceCourseId" and column B into "destinationCourseId", I'll make it do some stuff. Then I need it to loop around until the used ranges in column A & B is finished.
      Does the entire code need to change now that there's two columns?