Sign in to follow this  
MuffinMan

Title text match with spaces

I am trying to rebuild an old single signon script that has been giving us a bit of trouble lately.  I didn't write it and it was written in another script language.  If the target program is already open it will have the current user's last name as part of the window text, which I am trying to compare against the user name to see if I should just WinActivate or Process Close and start the program over.  I will be provided the username like "jones", or "smith" and the title check works fine for last names (with no spaces), but if the last name DOES contains spaces, say "Nom De Plume", then all I will be given as a username is "nomdeplume".  Is there any way (via a regex maybe) that I can still check the text on the screen and somehow ?  I have been reading about the Advanced (4) mode of WinTitleMatchMode, but it is over my head.  Any help is appreciated.  Here is a small reproducer script:

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", -1)

Run("Notepad")
WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10)
Send ("Smith" & @CRLF & "Jones" & @CRLF & "Nom De Plume" & @CRLF)

If WinExists("[CLASS:Notepad]", "jones") Then
    MsgBox(0,"FOUND","Found Jones")
EndIf

If WinExists("[CLASS:Notepad]", "nomdeplume") Then
    MsgBox(0,"FOUND","Found Nom De Plume")
EndIf

Edited by MuffinMan

Well, I have something now that certainly seems to work, I'll start testing and see how this holds up; still interested if anyone has any better solutions.

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", -1)

Run("Notepad")
WinWait("[CLASS:Notepad]", "", 10)
Send ("Smith" & @CRLF & "Jones" & @CRLF & "Nom De Plume" & @CRLF)

$WinText = StringStripWS(WinGetText("[CLASS:Notepad]"),8)

If StringInStr($WinText, "jones") <> 0 Then
    MsgBox(0,"FOUND","Found jones")
EndIf

If StringInStr($WinText, "nomdeplume") <> 0 Then
    MsgBox(0,"FOUND","Found Nom De Plume")
EndIf

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By nacerbaaziz
      hello autoit group
      please i've a question
      i had make a function that put some thing into the clipBoard and paste it
      using the send function
      e.g
      ClipPut("hello")
      send("^v")

when the keyboard is english all things work fine
      but when the keyboard is arabic the send command write the ltr v insted of the text in clipboard
      i was tryed to use
      send("{ctrldown}v{ctrlUp}")
      but the same
      please can any one help me

• By Kiko745
      Hello!
      I am new to autoit so please if someone could help me. I am trying to combine multiple .txt files but I can't get it right. In every file are the exact amout of lines ( for example here are 2 ) ,            I don't want to make it for just 2 lines for each txt files but for all the lines the txt files contains. The thing I want to do is :
      Text File 1
      Hello my name
      I am a big
      Text File 2
      is Fred,
      Potato head for
      Text File 3
      and I like to eat pizza.
      Not getting this right.
      ------------------- Combine them all into one txt file like here ------------------------------
      Final Text file
      Hello my name is Fred, and I like to eat pizza.
      I am a big Potato head for Not getting this right.

Thanks for any advice!
      P.S. Sorry for my English, not my first language.

• By Kruxe
      Hello Everyone,
      I am very green when it comes to AutoIT, I have recently started using it to automate a job that i perform using MS Excel and that is working great. Recently I have been faced with a challenge I which i need to copy a specific set of lines from one .txt file and past them, overwriting a specific set of lines in a different .txt file. I honestly have no clue how I can copy the specified lines and transfer them. What functions / commands could I use and how could I lay them out I AutoIT? Any and all help will be appreciated. 
      Thanks!
      Kruxe
    • By genius257
      Inspired by PHP's preg_split.
      Split string by a regular expression.
      Also supports the same flags as the PHP equivalent.
      v1.0.1

Example:
      #include "StringRegExpSplit.au3" StringRegExpSplit('splitCamelCaseWords', '(?<=\w)(?=[A-Z])') ; ['split', 'Camel', 'Case', 'Words']  
    • By BlueBandana
      Is there a way to output the regex matches into a file?
      I have a script to compare two files and check for regex matches.
      I want to output the matching regex of 'testexample.txt' to another file.
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <Array.au3> $Read = FileReadToArray("C:\Users\admin\Documents\testexample.txt") $Dictionary = FileReadToArray("C:\Users\admin\Documents\example.txt") For $p = 0 To UBound($Dictionary) - 1 Step 1 $pattern = $Dictionary[$p] For $i = 0 To UBound($Read) - 1 Step 1 $regex = $Read[$i] If StringRegExp($regex, $pattern, 0) Then MsgBox(0, "ResultsPass", "The string is in the file, highlighted strings: " ) Else MsgBox(0, "ResultsFail", "The string isn't in the file.") EndIf Next Next