GUICtrlCreateListViewItem all file *.txt

Hello guys, I would have the need to import into the GUICtrlCreateListView all * .txt files in a folder. The * .txt files contain all of the same formatting separated by "|", the script should go on every single file and bring me back the result in the GUICtrlCreateListView. For now I only managed to upload a single file * .txt into the GUICtrlCreateListView with this code:

Case $Button_Find
   $File_txt = "\\cond\UPDATE\test.txt"
   Dim $Array_List
   _FileReadToArray($File_txt, $Array_List)
   $Limit_Array = UBound($Array_List) - 1
   For $i = 1 To $Limit_Array
      $All_Box = String($Array_List[$i])
      GUICtrlCreateListViewItem($All_Box, $List)
   Next
   For $i2 = 0 To _GUICtrlListView_GetColumnCount($List)
   _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnWidth($List, $i2, $LVSCW_AUTOSIZE_USEHEADER)
   Next

:sweating:

• Moderators

PINTO1927,

all * .txt files in a folder

So use _FileListToArray to get the list of files and then loop through the array to read each of them in turn using your existing _FileReadToArray code to extract the data..

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

• Moderators

PINTO1927,

Try using _FileReadToArray to get the content of each file - then you can loop through that array and add each one in turn. Just be careful to use a different loop variable in the nested loops.

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

• Moderators

PINTO1927,

So what code have you tried using _FileReadToArray that has not worked?

M23

Spoiler

• Moderators

PINTO1927,

Take a look at this:

#include <File.au3>

; Read the intial files into an array
Local $aFiles = _FileListToArray(@ScriptDir, "Test*.txt", $FLTA_FILES, True)

; Now loop through these files
Local $aLines
For $i = 1 To $aFiles[0]
    ; And read their content into an array
    _FileReadtoArray($aFiles[$i], $aLines)
    ; Now loop through the content
    For $j = 1 To $aLines[0]
        ; And extract each line in turn
        ConsoleWrite($aLines[$j] & @CRLF)
    Next
Next

I used these files: for testing.

M23

Edited by Melba23

Spoiler

• Moderators

PINTO1927,

Glad I could help.

M23

Spoiler