Changing date in an ERP system

dyordanov

Hi guys, I am wondering if someone can help me with this. Here is the short story. I am starting AutoIT recorder. I record using the keyboard since using the mouse causes the script to stop most of the time or does something inaccurate when started after that. What I do is I open up an Excel template I have created. I then go into an ERP system and copy a few columns which I paste into Excel where after these columns are inserted, a few more columns are calculated from the formulas I have previously inserted. The problem is that when I am into the ERP system I have selected a specific time period...Let's say 1st November till 31st November. I then save the excel and use the Excel option to send an email to specific people with the excel report attached. I compile the autoit script to an exe and I have a scheduler which at 6.00pm starts the exe. Ok the problem is that I need a way to change the date to December, then January and so on... How do I do that using the autoIt and can it be done at all ? 

I have attached a screenshot with how the date looks like in the ERP program. What I Don't understand is how to make the script change the dates in the ERP application when a new month has come ? 

autoIT.png

You could use the tool "Au3Info.exe" inside your AutoIt3 folder to identify the ERP control and then use ControlCommand() or similar functions to modify the date.

Alternatively, if the ERP allows setting hotkeys you could send these with Send() or ControlSend().

But a far more reliable solution would be a direct connection to the backend SQL database of the ERP software.