Reading pixels

kcd-clan

Screen: X: 324 Y: 376

Cursor ID: 2

>>>>>>>>>>> Pixel Color Under Mouse <<<<<<<<<<<

RGB: Hex: 0x181C18 Dec: 1580056

how do i read that .

I want it to wait untel that comes up then do stuff.

See PixelGetColor in help file and remember to look at example

Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ......T.S. Elliot
Suspense is worse than disappointment................Robert Burns
God help the man who won't help himself, because no-one else will...........My Grandmother

$var = PixelGetColor( 324 , 376 )
MsgBox(0,"The decmial color is", $var)
MsgBox(0,"The hex color is", Hex($var, 6))

What part of that do you not understand?

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

HotKeySet("{ESC}","_Terminate")
While 1
    $var = PixelGetColor( 324 , 376 )
    If $var = 1580056 Then _DoSomething()
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

Func _Terminate()
    Exit
EndFunc

Func _DoSomething()
; Put what you want to do when the color pops up here
EndFunc

Edited by SpookMeister

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

Where are you getting range from? There is no range with PixelGetColor.

• Moderators

Where are you getting range from? There is no range with PixelGetColor.

No crap i kno about the help whydo you think im posting herer.......

hmmm maby cause i dont get what that means

Well, he difinately doesn't have good room etiquette trying to ask for support!!

PixelGetColor = specific x and y coord position. Incase you don't get that... 1 Spot only!

PixelSearch = A "range"... Top left x and y to Bottom right x and y. Incase you don't get that either... An area that may be larger than one pixel!!

BigDod was being kind enough to point you in the area you need to read.

Then Spook went a step farther and gave you examples.

If you have a problem reading english, maybe someone can translate it into ebonics for you.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.