What's it called when...

JohnOne

You cannot get data from a web page source code, which you can see in your browser. In fact even from in your browser if you right click and select view page source, it is not there either.

But you can see the data using developer tools (F12 or right click inspect). For example I'm looking at a page with a video playing, if I use developer tools I can see the video is in an iframe tag, but that tag does not even show up in page source, to get the url of the src.

I hope I made sense.

I'm after search terms for this behaviour, so I can read up on it.

Edited by JohnOne

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Never thought it was that (obviously) because I thought browser provided source from itself after page loaded. 

I assume then that browser makes another http request to page, similar to what we do programmatically?

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Displaying web page often requires tens of requests. Every pic, css, script... are normally get by sending new request - unless inlined.
JavaScript can be used to generate new items, yes. And it may require new requests. Sometimes the only thing in the source is link to javascript file, which then dynamically builds page on your side, like here maybe.

Edited by trancexx

♡♡♡

eMyvnE

Anyway, my issue appears to go beyond that, as I used a webbrowser control and accessed the dom to get the frame source, that cross domain source still did not serve up the actual data (which is itself javascript) I'm after.

So back to square 1.1.