Upgrade 32bit to 64bit win8.1 and 10 PROBLEM

Champak

Yes uncompiled causes the same issue. I rolled the system back again. What I did notice before I rolled back though is when I have task manager open, I can see the app count jump up by two (the amount of programs I'm launching in my app, also autoit apps) and then back down by two. So that explains why I'm getting the PID back. But it doesn't explain why the apps are exiting. This NEVER happened before this system upgrade, so I don't know where to begin....especially since I rolled back the system so it's not happening right now. But I'd like to know where I should begin the next time I should see this happen.

If possible, do a clean install (without an internet connection) of Windows and see if this issue still persists. You can do this in a backup machine or a VM.

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

I did one better. I did a clean install and upgraded to win10 x64...same problem. However, I narrowed it down even more. The problem only starts after I run one particular program I made...which still doesn't make sense. It happens after I run an uninstaller for the program I made.

So, after the system is set up, I transfer the entire folder structure of my application from my old drive to my new one. I launch it, mess around a little and make sure everything is working fine. Test the helper apps for my program, which includes my uninstaller. Uninstaller works "as it should". After I reinstall my app, which creates the exact same folder structure, this problem starts. Now when my app launches the helper apps, the helper apps launch and then quit..as I'm seeing within task manager. I launch the helper apps manually and everything is fine. Can anyone see why this would be happening from my uninstaller?

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_icon=Install\INMUninstall.ico
#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=Install\Uninstall.exe
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Description=Uninstall
#EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI ****
#AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Icon_Add=C:\iNav iGuidance\CarPC Response\Install\INMUninstall[2].ico
    $Uninstall1 = MsgBox(262144+16+4, "Uninstall INavMedia", "Are you sure you want to uninstall INavMedia?" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
                                "NOTE: This will delete your user files:" & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
                                "      Archive Folder - containing driving log archives." & @CRLF & _
                                "      Voice Folder - containing voice prompts." & @CRLF & _
                                "      Media Art Folder - containing media cover art." & @CRLF & _
                                "      POI Folder - containing point of interest files." & @CRLF & _
                                "      Ripped CD Folder - containing ripped CD tracks." & @CRLF & @CRLF & _
                                "You may want to back them up.")
    ;$Uninstall2 = MsgBox(262144+16+4, "Uninstall INavMedia Theft Alert", "Do you also want to uninstall INavMedia Theft Alert?")
    If $Uninstall1 = 6 Then
        If ProcessExists("INavMedia.exe") Then
            ProcessClose("INavMedia.exe")
            Sleep(100)
        EndIf

RegDelete ( "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\INM" )
        RegDelete ( "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run", "INavMediaTA")

;       RunWait('Regsvr32 /s /u "' & $CommDLL & '"')
;       RunWait('Regsvr32 /s /u "' & $GPSDLL & '"')
;       RunWait('Regsvr32 /s /u "' & $ImgConvert & '"')
;       MsgBox(0,0,$CommDLL)
;============================Change the paths to the @systemdirectoryMacro
        $PIDDLL1 = Run('Regsvr32 /s /u "C:\WINDOWS\system32\commg.dll"')
        ProcessWaitClose($PIDDLL1)
        $PIDDLL2 = Run('Regsvr32 /s /u "C:\WINDOWS\system32\GPSToolKitMod.dll"')
        ProcessWaitClose($PIDDLL2)
        $PIDDLL3 = Run('Regsvr32 /s /u "C:\WINDOWS\system32\GflAx.dll"')
        ProcessWaitClose($PIDDLL3)
        $PIDDLL4 = Run('Regsvr32 /s /u "C:\WINDOWS\system32\starburnx.dll"')
        ProcessWaitClose($PIDDLL4)

FileDelete ( "C:\WINDOWS\system32\commg.dll" )
        FileDelete ( "C:\WINDOWS\system32\GPSToolKitMod.dll" )
        FileDelete ( "C:\WINDOWS\system32\GflAx.dll" )
        FileDelete ( "C:\WINDOWS\system32\starburnx.dll" )
        FileDelete ( "C:\WINDOWS\system32\lame.exe" )

FileDelete ( @ScriptDir & "\StartUp Playlist.txt" )
        FileDelete ( @ScriptDir & "\INavMedia.log" )
        FileDelete ( @ScriptDir & "\Unretrievable Media Art.txt")

FileDelete ( @ScriptDir & "\INavMedia.exe" )
        FileDelete ( @ScriptDir & "\INavMedia.chm" )
        FileDelete ( @ScriptDir & "\INavMediaTA.exe" )

DirRemove ( "Archive", 1 )
        DirRemove ( "Voice", 1 )
        DirRemove ( "Media Art", 1 )
        DirRemove ( "POI", 1 )
        DirRemove ( "Ripped CD", 1 )

Local $sCmdFile
        FileDelete(@TempDir & "\scratch.bat")
        $sCmdFile = 'ping -n ' & 1500 & '127.0.0.1 > nul' & @CRLF _
                & ':loop' & @CRLF _
                & 'del "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" > nul' & @CRLF _
                & 'if exist "' & @ScriptFullPath & '" goto loop' & @CRLF _
                & 'del ' & @TempDir & '\scratch.bat'
        FileWrite(@TempDir & "\scratch.bat", $sCmdFile)
        Run(@TempDir & "\scratch.bat", @TempDir, @SW_HIDE)

Exit
    EndIf

Edited by Champak

Figured it out . It's a combination of things. 32bit to 64bit, FileDelete, and the folder transfer over.

I broke the uninstall app down to see what was causing the issue and for some reason after FileDelete ran, even when the app was put back in with the same file structure, the app can no longer launch the apps it used to be able to launch. So I made three test files to test out the entire scenario in a new folder structure. A main app that would launch 2 additional apps and an uninstall app with FileDelete. Everything worked as it should, and then when I redid it, it worked again.

So next I decided to create new folders manually on the 64bit system and manually drag the group of files over without the folders from the old HD. Ran the program, ran the uninstall, ran the program again and everything worked as it should.

For the hell of it I downgraded to win8.1 32bit, dragged the entire folder structure over from the old drive and ran everything again and no issues. Upgraded to 64bit and same issue again. So it's not a folder permission issue.

Very weird and annoying. A whole weekend wasted. oh well.

Thanks for the assistance.

1 minute ago, Champak said:

Very weird and annoying. A whole weekend wasted. oh well.

Atleast you solved the problem :sweating:

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion