AutoIt Extension for Visual Studio Code

I just published v0.1.6 on the Visual Studio Marketplace, here are the changes:

• The extension can now read in functions from user-specified include files and provide completion IntelliSense hints for them
  • Added internal function parameters to IntelliSense (they are not yet limited to appearing in the scope of the function)
  • Added configuration a path to launch Koda including an "Alt+M" shortcut
  • Adjusted snippet code to better follow VS Code syntax

Marketplace Link

Star/Submit Issues on Github

• 1 month later...

Just pushed out v0.1.7:

• Updated ReadMe with links and more information about shortcuts and configuration
  • Improved handling of functions from include scripts
  • Debug Console and MsgBox can now be inserted solely with the cursor on the variable
  • Symbol search now catches multiple variables declared on the same line
  • Added and optimized #include snippets for all default scripts
  • Converted some keyword snippets into IntelliSense completions

VSCode Marketplace Link

Star/Submit Issues on Github

• 2 months later...

I've released v0.1.8, which includes:

• Improved function signature helpers
    • Parameter position in function has much-improved detection (no longer tripped up by commas in quotes)
    • Help for nested functions now work
    • Parameter descriptions have been upgraded with Markdown for better styling and layout
  • Upgraded many snippets to Completions

VS Marketplace Link

Star/Submit Issues on Github

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2018 at 9:25 AM, satanico64 said:

Nice Job LoganCH, Thanks a lot.

Have you succeed in jumping between functions ? like in some other languages ?

Could you be more specific about what you mean by jumping between functions?

Assuming you mean navigating directly to functions within the code, you can use Ctrl+Shift+O in VSCode to get a drop-down that will list the functions and variables in your script, and selecting one will take you the place where they've been declared.

that is very similar to Sublime Text 3. I know the MS bastards loved that design, and they recommend that browser for development too! LOL, but it's all good. GotoAnything it's called in Sublime, and it works as long as it can find the code in the folder structure you have open so it works GREAT. VS Code is very nice, but a little heavy for my weak af notebook (until i put in the SSD boot drive and memory upgrade)

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

exactly, It's what i want, but ctrl+shift+O , only list variables, and the functions that are in the current file, not the others. The other files are in the same directory. I see these file on the left of VSC but they do not appear in the list.

I think there's a tip to do that ^^

15 minutes ago, satanico64 said:

exactly, It's what i want, but ctrl+shift+O , only list variables, and the functions that are in the current file, not the others. The other files are in the same directory. I see these file on the left of VSC but they do not appear in the list.

check this page out. might find what you are looking for.

https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/editor/editingevolved

i'll check it once i get home. at work i use VS2017 Pro. I am formally giving up on wrappers for UI Automation, going after it myself direct now. LOL. I've gone full circle.

Edited by Earthshine

• 1 month later...
On 7/31/2017 at 10:33 PM, LoganCH said:
  • The extension can now read in functions from user-specified include files and provide completion IntelliSense hints for them

Is there something I have to do to get this to work? Cause it doesnt seem to be providing Intellisense/Code Hints for the functions I have in UDF/includes.

On 2/1/2018 at 7:24 AM, satanico64 said:

Okay, I think what you're looking for is Go to Symbol in Workspace...  , or Ctrl+T. Turns out I have to code in a separate provider function for that. I've added it to my to-do list to get implemented, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

On 3/7/2018 at 4:21 PM, Grasty said:

Is there something I have to do to get this to work? Cause it doesnt seem to be providing Intellisense/Code Hints for the functions I have in UDF/includes.

Based on reading what you posted on Github (everyone else, feel free to post issues there as well!) basically, the problem was that the extension only dynamically grabs function data for scripts included in quotes, and you were expecting it to look into the Includes folder or the registry for user-defined include folders. I'm going to work on adding an option to set include folders to the extension.

• 1 month later...

Just released v0.1.9, which has:

• Completions and Signature Helpers for files relative to include folders (e.g., `#include <Test.au3>`) are now provided
    • Defaults to searching in C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Include, more can be added in User Settings
  • Output window now clears on each Run, Compile or Build
  • Implemented Workspace/Folder-wide Symbol Search (`Ctrl+T`)
  • Upgraded Windows Message Codes from snippets to Completions
  • Updated UDF file location for functions moved in latest AutoIt update (v3.3.14.3)
  • Added configuration option to hide variables when using Ctrl+Shift+O to view symbols
  • Fixed word definitions to clear up highlighting/selection inconsistencies

VS Code Marketplace Link

Star & Submit Issues on Github

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

v0.2.2 has been released:

• Improved Console parameter function to show previous input and preserve existing text if cancelled
  • Added completions for DirConstants.au3, EditConstants.au3, ExcelConstants.au3, FileConstants.au3, FontConstants.au3, FrameConstants.au3, GDIPlusConstants.au3, StaticConstants.au3, StatusBarConstants.au3, StringConstants.au3, TrayConstants.au3 and TreeViewConstants.au3

Rate and View on VS Code Marketplace

Star & Submit Issues on Github