Registry Saving Program

Hunter070

• Moderators

@Hunter070 obviously not something we want to support.

Edit: Now that I look at the script itself, it is simply a (very!) simple Reg Save. Your statement about cracking login hashes threw the red flag. As there is nothing wrong with the script itself, I'm fine letting the post continue. Please use some common sense regarding statements like this in the future, though.

Edited by JLogan3o13

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

If you or your friend forgot the password to an account, you could :

1. Save the system and sam registry file, and extract the hashes from the files. Then you could crack the hash and tell them the password.

2. Edit the sam file with a program like NTPWEdit, and have the possibility of interfering with windows login.

To answer you question, it is useful if you need to get into an account naturally and be able to do things under that username. What if they needed to get in that account because they had a saved password on their web browser for a website.

• Moderators

Still not something we are prepared to support. Even if your aim is legitimate, that doesn't mean that everyone is going to have the same scruples.

As I said, since your script is a simple wrapper for a REG SAVE snippet, I am more than fine letting the thread continue. But please keep the password cracking talk out of it.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!