Sending keys to google chrome

Hi,

I have 6x4K monitors on a wall. I want about 7 instances of google chrome running. I have gotten as far as being able to automate opening google chrome, going to the specific websites and thats about it. When I use WinMove, the windows do not move at all, and I can't resize them. To go round this I thought about sending keys to make each instance snap to the side (Win + Right/Left) and then move to whichever monitor I want it on (Win +Shift +Left/Right). It seems everytime I use send(etc etc), instead of sending the keys to google chrome it just sends them to the desktop. E.g. the start menu opens after the website loads, and that is it. I'm really stuck and would really appreciate any help.

Thanks.

• Moderators

Are you ensuring the Window is active (WinActivate)? Once you get past just moving the windows where you want them, I would suggest looking at the Chrome UDF for any other automation tasks.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

Just now, JLogan3o13 said:

Are you ensuring the Window is active (WinActivate)? Once you get past just moving the windows where you want them, I would suggest looking at the Chrome UDF for any other automation tasks.

I've only just started using this software yesterday so I'm sorry if I'm sounding a little stupid but I have put WinActivate("chrome.exe") after running it. and the same thing happens.

• Moderators

Not a problem, we were all on Day 1 at one point. Look at WinActivate in the help file. You would do WinActivate("<title of window>", "<unique text in window>"). Use the AutoIt Window Info tool (in the same directory where you installed AutoIt) to get the information you need.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

37 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

Not a problem, we were all on Day 1 at one point. Look at WinActivate in the help file. You would do WinActivate("<title of window>", "<unique text in window>"). Use the AutoIt Window Info tool (in the same directory where you installed AutoIt) to get the information you need.

I have done that and unfortunately it either spits out an error or does the same thing.