OnAutoItExitRegister not working

fosil

Hi all,

I'm working on a relatively complex automation program and I need it to call a specific function when it is closed by a user. Ive resorted to "OnAutoItExitRegister" as i believe that's the only option available.

This command works perfectly fine in a small scale test application I wrote, but once implemented in the final program that's much larger and divided over many files in many directories it no longer works. I don't get any error messages.

My question is has anyone encountered an issue where implementation of this command in a large scale program gave them trouble? Does it matter where "OnAutoItExitRegister" is called and where the function is located? Currently they are both places in the main file that runs the whole program but it still doesn't work.

Any help is appreciated

• Moderators

@fosil I will tell you that you are going to get minimal assistance without code; unless we can see what you're doing (or at least a reproducer that shows the issue), we're resorting to guessing.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

2 minutes ago, JLogan3o13 said:

@fosil I will tell you that you are going to get minimal assistance without code; unless we can see what you're doing (or at least a reproducer that shows the issue), we're resorting to guessing.

I agree, if you need something specific I can copy that over here but the scale is so huge that I dont know which part would be beneficial

As far as the actual function being called goes its like this :

OnAutoItExitRegister("MyTestFunc")

Func MyTestFunc()
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Exit Results 1", 'Exit Message from MyTestFunc()')
EndFunc   ;==>MyTestFunc

Where the OnAutoItExitRegister is being called directly after #include at the top of the code, and MyTestFunc is currently the last function in the same file.

• Moderators

Which works just fine. If the script is too large, you would need to create a reproducer. I realize it is sometimes daunting when dealing with very large scripts, but just offering; you cannot expect people to troubleshoot when they can't see the code. What you have written thus far works just fine; something else in your code is stomping on calling the function.

"Profanity is the last vestige of the feeble mind. For the man who cannot express himself forcibly through intellect must do so through shock and awe" - Spencer W. Kimball

How to get your question answered on this forum!

• Developers

Is you script ending in a controlled manner as this really works as advertised:

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3>
OnAutoItExitRegister("MyTestFunc")
Sleep(5000)

Func MyTestFunc()
    MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "Exit Results 1", 'Exit Message from MyTestFunc()')
EndFunc   ;==>MyTestFunc

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• 4 months later...