Can't compile with icon

Hi guys! First of all, I wanna say a big thank you to everyone has hepled me during the development of my script ( @water, @SadBunny, @TheDcoder, @j0kky and so on... ), because without you guys, I'd never developed my program. Now, I'm coming with this new post, asking you why, when I compile the script, an error occurs ( "Error: Unable to add resources. ... ) ?
It's 'cause of the size of the icon? Has It to be of a specific type? I have NOD32 as antivirus... Maybe you can help me :) Thanks for all guys! Thanks for this fantastic community! :D 

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

• Moderators

FrancescoDiMuro,

The most common reasons for this are:

1. Your AV is blocking the action - so either temporarily disable it or add the "C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe" folder to the exclusion list.

2. The icon file is corrupt.

Good luck,

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

12 minutes ago, meoit said:

Did you see compiled exe file ?. If this is true, means AV not block AutoIT generator (as the compiled exe file).

Hi meoit!

Yeah, the file does exist with all the other information ( Versiona, Copyright... ), but not with the icon... 

34 minutes ago, Melba23 said:

FrancescoDiMuro,

The most common reasons for this are:

1. Your AV is blocking the action - so either temporarily disable it or add the "C:\Users\Your_Username\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe" folder to the exclusion list.

2. The icon file is corrupt.

Good luck,

M23

Hey Melba! I put that folder in the exclusion list, and I tried to suspend the Antivirus for a while too, but nothing changed...
I created the file 2 times with Paint and the size of the icon is 32 x 32 px. I save it as .ico ( Icon ) and nothing else.
I really don't know how to solve this... :/ Thanks for the help :) 

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

4 minutes ago, meoit said:

You can use:

#pragma compile(Icon, 'D:\Path\To\yourIcon.ico')

Or

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=D:\Path\To\yourIcon.ico

@meoit

First method returns the same error... The second method doesn't return anything, and it doesn't even change the icon... Any suggestions? Thanks for your reply :)

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

5 minutes ago, meoit said:

You can try a standard icon at: "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Icons\MyAutoIt3_Green.ico"

Then try again:

#pragma compile(Icon, 'C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Icons\MyAutoIt3_Green.ico')

Or

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Icons\MyAutoIt3_Green.ico

Same as above... 
With the first method, always error...
With the second method, nothing changed...

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

If you're compiling from within SciTE, please copy the output pane data and post it here so we can see what's happening when you compile the script. Post all of the output.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Moderators

FrancescoDiMuro,

Any help?

What do you think you had already received? Please do not be so impatient - unless you post the script you use and the SciTE output you get how do you expect anyone to know what you might be doing wrong?

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

3 minutes ago, BrewManNH said:

If you're compiling from within SciTE, please copy the output pane data and post it here so we can see what's happening when you compile the script. Post all of the output.

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /ShowGui /prod /in "C:\Users\Portatile-60\Documents\Documenti Lavoro\AutoIt\Database_Creator_CSV\Database_Creator_CSV_Prova_2.au3"
+>16:16:49 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.16.612.1119.0 SciTE v.3.6.6.0   Keyboard:00000410  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0410)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\Portatile-60\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Portatile-60\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
-> 1 Change(s) made.
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\Portatile-60\Documents\Documenti Lavoro\AutoIt\Database_Creator_CSV\Database_Creator_CSV_Prova_2.au3
+>16:17:18 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:\Users\Portatile-60\Documents\Documenti Lavoro\AutoIt\Database_Creator_CSV\Database_Creator_CSV_Prova_2.au3" /out "C:\Users\Portatile-60\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AUBD45.tmp.exe" /nopack /comp 2
!>16:17:20 Aut2exe.exe ended with errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build. (C:\Users\Portatile-60\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AUBD45.tmp.exe)rc:2
+>16:17:20 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 1    Time: 31.49

Inspired by your "motto", I tried to see what's "Target exe", tried to change it, but nothing changed :/ Thanks for your help :) 
@Melba23
Sorry...

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

• Developers

Try another valid ICO file just to see if that is working as I have seen this issue before giving this error for an invalid ICO file.

Jos

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

1 minute ago, Jos said:

Try another valid ICO file just to see if that is the issue as I have seen this issue before giving this error for an invalid ICO file.

Jos

I tried the Green icon from AuotoIt, as meoit suggested me, Supreme @Jos!

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

• Developers

and it gave the same error? 

If that is the case then you must have another tool scanning the created temp file locking it so aut2exe can't update it.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

4 minutes ago, Jos said:

and it gave the same error? 

If that is the case then you must have another tool scanning the created temp file locking it so aut2exe can't update it.

Jos

With this, I have the error mentioned above...

#pragma compile(Icon, 'C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Icons\My_autoIt3_Green.ico')

With this, I have no changes...

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Icons\My_autoIt3_Green.ico

Don't know how to go straight...
PS: It wasn't commented, sorry :)

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ: