Can't compile with icon

1 minute ago, Jos said:

What is returned in the SciTE ouput Pane for the last option? 

Jos

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\AutoIt3.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.au3" /NoStatus /prod /in "C:\Users\Portatile-60\Documents\Documenti Lavoro\AutoIt\Database_Creator_CSV\Database_Creator_CSV_Prova_Checkbox.au3"
+>17:57:03 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.16.612.1119.0 SciTE v.3.6a6.0   Keyboard:00000410  OS:WIN_10/  CPU:X64 OS:X64  Environment(Language:0410)  CodePage:0  utf8.auto.check:4
+>         SciTEDir => C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE   UserDir => C:\Users\Portatile-60\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper   SCITE_USERHOME => C:\Users\Portatile-60\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\SciTE 
- Icon not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Icons\My_autoIt3_Green.ico ==> Changing to default ICON.
>Running AU3Check (3.3.14.2)  from:C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3  input:C:\Users\Portatile-60\Documents\Documenti Lavoro\AutoIt\Database_Creator_CSV\Database_Creator_CSV_Prova_Checkbox.au3
+>17:57:04 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.14.2):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\aut2exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:\Users\Portatile-60\Documents\Documenti Lavoro\AutoIt\Database_Creator_CSV\Database_Creator_CSV_Prova_Checkbox.au3" /out "C:\Users\Portatile-60\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU13E6.tmp.exe" /nopack /comp 2
+>17:57:05 Aut2exe.exe ended.C:\Users\Portatile-60\AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2exe\~AU13E6.tmp.exe. rc:0
>17:57:05 Performing the Program Resource Update steps:
...>Updating Program Version information.
>17:57:05 Program Resource updating finished successfully.
+>17:57:05 Created program:C:\Users\Portatile-60\Documents\Documenti Lavoro\AutoIt\Database_Creator_CSV\Database_Creator_CSV_Prova_Checkbox.exe
-Updated the Source Version to:0.0.0.14
+>17:57:06 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 2.532

Click here to see my signature:

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

• Developers
Just now, FrancescoDiMuro said:

- Icon not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Icons\My_autoIt3_Green.ico ==> Changing to default ICON.

Did you actually see this?  Does the file really exists?

JOs

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

• Developers

IT is an exact science.. ;)

There are rules for a proper ICO file and it will fail when it isn't correct! Look at the examples available and ensure you follow that format.

Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

3 minutes ago, Jos said:

IT is an exact science.. ;)

There are rules for a proper ICO file and it will fail when it isn't correct! Look at the examples available and ensure you follow that format.

Jos

I'll update you asap. Thanks for your help Supreme Jos! Bye :D 

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

Finally, I've managed to using my icon, thanks to this free online tool: http://www.xiconeditor.com/ .
Hope I'm not going versus forum rules, and I hope I'm helping someone with this tool... 
Thanks everyone for the help :)

PS: and this is my 100th post! :D 

Edited by FrancescoDiMuro
100th post!

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

• 1 year later...

Old thread, I know, but I had the same problem just now.  Supposedly you can make an .ico file by saving a 256 color 32x32 .bmp out of MS Paint and naming it with the .ico extension, but I got the same compile error.  Used the above website to convert it and it compiled with no trouble.  Thanks, Francesco!

I'm now having the same apparent issue, and I'm not getting any errors during the SciTe Build. But when I use Resource Hacker to view the icon, it is correct, which means the problem is definitely not with AutoIt or SciTe for AutoIt, it must be that Windows 10 Explorer is not showing the correct icon in Details view for some reason.

I'm not asking a question. Instead, I'm pointing our that others having this problem under Windows 10 might be having this Explorer problem rather than an AutoIt problem...

Further note: I don't know how to fix this after all. Resetting the icon cache does not solve the problem when using Explorer Details view. If you switch to Thumbnail view, it shows correctly, but not in Details view. So although this isn't an AutoIt problem, it is a real problem. Anyone got any ideas?

Edited by Mbee
Could not solve problem

On 12/12/2016 at 0:48 PM, FrancescoDiMuro said:

I created the file 2 times with Paint and the size of the icon is 32 x 32 px. I save it as .ico ( Icon ) and nothing else.

What do you mean? do you mean you created a bmp or jpg and just changed the extension to ico?

I mean, the paint I HAVE doesn't create icons.. You do know that icons can have like a dozen sizes embedded right?

Just get a real icon editor/creator, and create a propper icon.

Edited by careca
Spoiler

Renamer - Rename files and folders, remove portions of text from the filename etc.

GPO Tool - Export/Import Group policy settings.

MirrorDir - Synchronize/Backup/Mirror Folders

BeatsPlayer - Music player.

Params Tool - Right click an exe to see it's parameters or execute them.

String Trigger - Triggers pasting text or applications or internet links on specific strings.

Inconspicuous - Hide files in plain sight, not fully encrypted.

Regedit Control - Registry browsing history, quickly jump into any saved key.

Time4Shutdown - Write the time for shutdown in minutes.

Power Profiles Tool - Set a profile as active, delete, duplicate, export and import.

Finished Task Shutdown - Shuts down pc when specified window/Wndl/process closes.

NetworkSpeedShutdown - Shuts down pc if download speed goes under "X" Kb/s.

IUIAutomation - Topic with framework and examples

Au3Record.exe

In reply to my post above, it turns out that rebooting fixes the problem. That seems ridiculous to me! You didn't need to reboot Win 7 for Explorer to show the correct icons. That's a bug in my opinion.

Or is there an alternative fix? After all, there's obviously some specific change, such as reloading icons in Explorer, that the reboot brings about. Resetting the icon cache doesn't fix it by itself, but perhaps there's an alternative or additional action that will solve it without a reboot? Next time I'll try force-exiting all copies of Explorer...

4 hours ago, Earthshine said:

Rebuild your icon cache

Well, as I said, resetting the icon cache (I use Winaero Tweaker 0.9 (for Windows 10) for this) does force the icon cache to rebuild, but clearly that's not enough to change the icon displayed under Windows 10 Explorer Details view; a reboot very much seems to be necessary.  Unless you know an alternative way to force Windows 10 to rebuild the icon cache?  If so, please share it with us.

save this to a batch. all you really need to do is RESTART explorer, like this. This should not be done regularly, there should rarely be a need but I have seen it in all Windows operating systems.

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe
cd /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
del IconCache.db /a
start explorer.exe

I see this on VMs too when testing our product upgrades. Something happens and Windows doesn't get around to it. LOL.

Edited by Earthshine

My resources are limited. You must ask the right questions

On 1/16/2018 at 2:16 PM, Earthshine said:

save this to a batch. all you really need to do is RESTART explorer, like this. This should not be done regularly, there should rarely be a need but I have seen it in all Windows operating systems.

del IconCache.db /a
start explorer.exe

I see this on VMs too when testing our product upgrades. Something happens and Windows doesn't get around to it. LOL.

Hey, Thanks, Earthshine!  Worked great.

On 11/1/2018 at 2:09 PM, Dana said:

Old thread, I know, but I had the same problem just now.  Supposedly you can make an .ico file by saving a 256 color 32x32 .bmp out of MS Paint and naming it with the .ico extension, but I got the same compile error.  Used the above website to convert it and it compiled with no trouble.  Thanks, Francesco!

Happy to have helped!
Yes, you can't just resize the image and then name it with .ico extension :)
Sorry if I'm replying just now, but I'm busy at work!

Have a good day :)

Francesco

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

On 16/1/2018 at 8:16 PM, Earthshine said:

del IconCache.db /a
start explorer.exe

Nice workaround @Earthshine!

Spoiler

ALWAYS GOOD TO READ:

• 4 years later...

Hello

I know I'm late. Yet, old topics may be seen and help more people than you guys might think.

This one worked well for me : https://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/docs/intro/compiler.htm (yes, htm). I rewrite down below what I used. Have fun using AutoIt ! <3

On windows, open a cmd, move to your AutoIt3 directory thanks to "cd" command and then run : Aut2exe.exe /in  path_to_your_au3_code\yourCode.au3 /out path_where_you_want_the_exe_to_be_saved_in\yourExeCode.exe /iconpath_to_your_icon\youIcon.ico /x64